• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks sign Shelvin Mack

Admin

"I am told Shelvin""The Hawks have signed Shelden Mack""BB Mack will be at Philips Arena on a reunion tour""Mark Morrison will be performing Return of the Mack at halftime tonight"Anything else Vivnomore might say?

Edited by hawksfanatic

He was a good scoing guard for Butler.......there most athletic player on the floor. It looks like he has been trying to learn how to play like a real PG in the D-League.

People use to call him a poor man's D. Wade coming out of college. That comparison didn't quite work out...........but we do need a 3rd PG.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 1

This is a decent signing as he's playing very well in the D-League and was taught extremely well in college at Butler. He's 6'2 210+ pounds and can defend some SG's because of his strength. I remember him in the tournament a couple of years ago and was always impressed by him.

Nobody has posted this yet?

That Denver game must of really influenced Ferry because of a few things.1) Johan demonstrated he can walk and chew bubble gum on consecutive days ( plus complain on role)2) Tyler is lost and or slow as molasses.3) Jenkins is overwhelmed when trying to play backup point.Mack is no great shakes himself, he was terrible in Washington, but I don't think there are many free agent options out there unless you guys want to give Bibby another run.

• Like 1

That Denver game must of really influenced Ferry because of a few things.1) Johan demonstrated he can walk and chew bubble gum on consecutive days ( plus complain on role)2) Tyler is lost and or slow as molasses.3) Jenkins is overwhelmed when trying to play backup point.Mack is no great shakes himself, he was terrible in Washington, but I don't think there are many free agent options out there unless you guys want to give Bibby another run.

Mack has been lighting it up in the D-League and it's not like anyone really looks that good in Washington so I wouldn't hold that against him. Plus he was never a traditional PG in college so he's learning as he goes. Look how long it's taken Teague just to get this close to being a real PG!

Mack has been lighting it up in the D-League and it's not like anyone really looks that good in Washington so I wouldn't hold that against him. Plus he was never a traditional PG in college so he's learning as he goes. Look how long it's taken Teague just to get this close to being a real PG!

Dayum. True though.

3) Jenkins is overwhelmed when trying to play backup point.

I watched a ton of Vandy games the last 3 years b/c I really bought into Festus Ezeli being a late 1st round center who could help us.

They would have been a top 5 team with an average PG. Jenkins never played PG at all at Vandy. When there crappy starting PG would ride the bench the coach would let Jeff Taylor (6'7'' SF) run the point. That should tell you alot about Jen kins ability to play PG.

I like Jenkins ability to shoot the 3 but wish we would have drafted his college teamate Jeff Taylor over him (just as a I said on draft night). Taylor is a bigger guy who can play SF or SG who is a solid wing defender. He is also a superior athlete who can shoot the 3 ball.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 1

I watched a ton of Vandy games the last 3 years b/c I really bought into Festus Ezeli being a late 1st round center who could help us.

They would have been a top 5 team with an average PG. Jenkins never played PG at all at Vandy. When there crappy starting PG would ride the bench the coach would like Jeff Taylor (6'7'' SF) run the point. That should tell you alot about Jen kins ability to play PG.

I like Jenkins ability to shoot the 3 but wish we would have drafted his college teamate Jeff Taylor over him (just as a I said on draft night). Taylor is a bigger guy who can play SF or SG who is a solid wing defender. He is also a superior athlete who can shoot the 3 ball.

So far it certainly seems like Taylor is the better pro player, but I'm not ready to give up on Jenkins yet and I think once he gets confidence in his 3 ball he will be money for us.

Jenkins playing PG was putrid. Maybe this also allows to start Teague-Harris together since we have another guard that can handle a ball now.

That would be nice as the last time they really got to play together and played well was the Utah game when they were causing all sorts of problems.

• Moderators

Speaking of lighting it up in the D League, does anyone besides me wish that Scott could be playing some of the minutes that have been going to Tolliver lately?

I've been more impressed with Scott than Jenkins frankly. Maybe i had lower expectations but he can shoot and seems willing to work hard on the boards. what more can you ask.

• Moderators

"I am told Shelvin""The Hawks have signed Shelden Mack""BB Mack will be at Philips Arena on a reunion tour""Mark Morrison will be performing Return of the Mack at halftime tonight"Anything else Vivnomore might say?

"I have been told that Shelvin Mack will not be traded tonight."~C-Viv
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Now that's a prospect and one that might get some PT with us. Too bad the signing came after the playoff roster cut line because we may need PG depth this offseason. Is he signed through the rest of the year or just a 10-day?

Just a 10-day contract...
http://www.peachtreehoops.com/2013/3/6/4071020/atlanta-hawks-sign-shelvin-mack

Hope the guy gets to show his stuff. He has developed a lot since going to the D-League and could be an asset for us...

Shelvin Mack was a beast in the NCAA tourney a few years back. I'm really surprised he hasn't stuck with a team yet. Hopefully he sticks with us.I also think Jenkins was a good pick. He just needs some time to gain confidence. Shooters will always have a place in the league.

Now that's a prospect and one that might get some PT with us. Too bad the signing came after the playoff roster cut line because we may need PG depth this offseason. Is he signed through the rest of the year or just a 10-day?

Just a 10-day contract...

http://www.peachtreehoops.com/2013/3/6/4071020/atlanta-hawks-sign-shelvin-mack

Hope the guy gets to show his stuff. He has developed a lot since going to the D-League and could be an asset for us...

I'm pretty sure he can play in the playoffs for us if we sign him for the remainder of the season. I think that deadline was that players had to be cut from their old teams before that date to be eligible to be signed by someone else and play in the playoffs.