• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks sign Shelvin Mack

Admin

I've been more impressed with Scott than Jenkins frankly. Maybe i had lower expectations but he can shoot and seems willing to work hard on the boards. what more can you ask.

Scott is on his way back to the team after 3 straight 20 points games in the D-League. Hopefully that earns him some good minutes, but I wouldn't expect a lot of opportunity this season barring some type of injury to one of the guys ahead of him.

I'm pretty sure he can play in the playoffs for us if we sign him for the remainder of the season. I think that deadline was that players had to be cut from their old teams before that date to be eligible to be signed by someone else and play in the playoffs.

A condescending "yes" to this response.

• Moderators

First Petro has to put on the retro unis with his bald head and number 10, giving me Mookie flashbacks and now this guy is coming in wearing 8? Let's just retire #8. I realize Smitty only played a few years here but why not.

Grief another guard. Man we didnt even give Tyler a chance. This team kills me sometimes but i have (FIF) Faith In Ferry so lets see how this pans out.

I hope we give this guy a chance. The Hawks, like the Falcons, aren't very good at giving young guys as much of a chance as they probably should.

Huh? The Falcons started a rookie QB and went to the playoffs. Other guys who started their rookie year: Julio, Weatherspoon, Jerry, Baker, Peters, DeCoud and Lofton. Heck even Konz was starting by the end of this year. I'm not really getting the comparison here.

Mack is depth for a team that needed it once Williams went down. Tyler was a long shot that didn't pan out, no worries there.

Huh? The Falcons started a rookie QB and went to the playoffs. Other guys who started their rookie year: Julio, Weatherspoon, Jerry, Baker, Peters, DeCoud and Lofton. Heck even Konz was starting by the end of this year. I'm not really getting the comparison here.

Mack is depth for a team that needed it once Williams went down. Tyler was a long shot that didn't pan out, no worries there.

I'm not talking about high picks or those with tremendous talent, which account for the guys you mentioned. I'm talking about backups...guys that should be playing more especially when the guys in front of them aren't producing or should be playing more anyway due to other factors. Taking the Falcons for example:

Vance Walker should have played more than the 50% snaps he saw--he was our highest rated non-Babineaux DT. Cliff Matthews and Massaquoi should have played a lot more, especially when Ray Edwards was sucking it up. It would have been nice to see Holmes play more in the last two games of the regular season..especially that meaningless Bucs game. I could go on.

As for the Hawks, Ivan Johnson is one of the biggest examples of this for me. Plus, in blowouts, I want to see more of guys like Mike Scott (once he gets back from D League) and this new PG Mack.

We will see. Besides, it's just an opinion.

Man you're late to the party, I posted that way back on the 1st page!

...well damn. Egg on my face, I need to start clicking more links on my phone. But great style Dolfan!

...well damn. Egg on my face, I need to start clicking more links on my phone. But great style Dolfan!

Haha no worries, on your phone you wouldn't have even known since none of the YouTube videos posted earlier are working on the mobile browsers. Right back at ya, classic hit song!