• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Can we beat the Nets is a 7 game series?

Wurider05

• Premium Member

Health is going to be a huge issue for us no matter who we play. We will need Zaza to be able to start or atleast play a lot of minutes. We are going to need to all of our G/F to be able to play as well.

I'd feel confident against Brooklyn/Pacers, Celtics/Knicks are kind of neutral, and I feel like the Bulls are a bad matchup.

I know a lot of people look at the Pacers as an elite team in the east but I really feel that we can beat them in a 7 game series. I really only fear the Bulls and the Heat. For some reason we can't beat the Bulls+Nate.

• Premium Member

It would depend who starts at PG for the Hawks. If that is Josh, I would say we have 0% probability of beating any playoff-bound team in a 7 game series.

If that is JT0, I think it would depend on the real JJ showing up for the Nets. I would guess Hawks in 7.

• Like 1

That was a heat check, Bob Posted Image

I agree that we can win in 6 against Brooklyn, but I'm more worried about the Pacers.

Not me, we usually play very well against the Pacers. I'm not worried about Brooklyn either. The only teams I don't think we could beat would be Miami and Chicago and I think we'd have a hard time with Boston. The Knicks would give us a hell of a fight but I think we could beat them if we played our game.

• Moderators

Of course we'd have no home games against Brooklyn, boston, or new york.

I think this is finally the year we could beat boston. play them physical and run them. Pierce is starting to look old and without Ray shooting daggers i think we have a chance.

• Like 1

We definately can take the Nets in a 7 game series. We should beat Boston, but I don't know where the team's head is against them. The Knicks scare me some because we really don't have a good counter v. Melo. Closers are hard to go against through a 7 game series.

Obviously Miami is a team we just aren't going to win against.

Chicago is a team we should be able to beat, but our general lack of toughness will end up costing us that series.

As for the rest of the East, I don't see much of a reason we should lose a 7 game series. Wiith "should" being the opperative word.

Just my 2 cents.

Of course we'd have no home games against Brooklyn, boston, or new york.

I think this is finally the year we could beat boston. play them physical and run them. Pierce is starting to look old and without Ray shooting daggers i think we have a chance.

Sounds like what we all said last year about beating Boston and it being our year... but we are a different team this year so who knows. I worry about them because they can really play defense and that gives us problems.

We definately can take the Nets in a 7 game series. We should beat Boston, but I don't know where the team's head is against them. The Knicks scare me some because we really don't have a good counter v. Melo. Closers are hard to go against through a 7 game series.

Obviously Miami is a team we just aren't going to win against.

Chicago is a team we should be able to beat, but our general lack of toughness will end up costing us that series.

As for the rest of the East, I don't see much of a reason we should lose a 7 game series. Wiith "should" being the opperative word.

Just my 2 cents.

Dahntay or Deshawn are the guys we'll put on Melo and if they can't handle it we'll try to go with Josh but between the 3 of them I think we've got enough defensive firepower. But let's face it, if Melo is on his game it won't matter as nobody is stopping him.