• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Is Jeff Teague the key tonight ?

coachx

Is Jeff Teague the key tonight ?

Of course we have to defend James and Wade........Of course Horford has to win the matchup vs. Bosh.......of course Josh can't take ill advised shots in a his duel vs. James......and of course we need Korver to hit a few 3's.

Besides all that Teague has to be the key tonight offensive weapon tonight. The Heat don't really have a shot blocker who can stay on the floor (Anthony canot stay on the floor). The paint should be open for Teague to be aggressive and attack the rim tonight. I really he hope he comes to play and gives one of his 25 + scoring nights. We will need it if we stand a chance tonight.

Teague has to bring the energy........sorry I couldn't resist.............but in a game vs. a running team like the Heat the hated "E word" is BIG.

• Moderators

The keys to the winning games is always to look to exploit the opponents weaknesses, which for the Heat is at the PG and post positions. To win, we have to attack the basket, get rebounds, and stay out of foul trouble. Teague and Harris will have to be big for us because they are our only attacking guards. Horf will need to play inside more and try to get Bosh in early foul trouble. The Heat aren't nearly as good when 1 out of the 3 are out of the game. Smoove just needs to focus in on limiting LeBron and I hope that he doesn't try to repeat his 4/5 from three performance that he had the last time we were in Miami. He needs to be on the attack and not worry about the foul line. For us to win, Smith and Horf will have to be in the 20-25 pt range, Teague at 18, and the rest of the team will need to chip in 45. I'm feeling Jones will have a great game defensively vs. Wade and make Ferry look like even more of a genius.

The key is defending those Heat shooters. No way can we let Allen and Battier get consistent open looks all night.

And we can't turn the ball over more than 12 times tonight, and expect to win.

I do think this game will be a lot closer than most people think. I'd be surprised if they laid another egg again. If they do, that will be a bad sign for the rest of the month.

• Like 1

• Moderators

The key is defending those Heat shooters. No way can we let Allen and Battier get consistent open looks all night.

And we can't turn the ball over more than 12 times tonight, and expect to win.

I do think this game will be a lot closer than most people think. I'd be surprised if they laid another egg again. If they do, that will be a bad sign for the rest of the month.

I agree. Allen and Battier. Defend the perimeter on those guys and hopefully Ivan and Petro and Scott can put some hard fouls on wade and lebron in the paint. Not sure why this is so hard to understand but you can't let these guys get layups all game when you got a bunch of bigs sitting there with 6 fouls to give.

• Moderators

I thought Teague looked good at the beginning but his stats are pretty terrible. Allen and Battier did nothing so there goes that theory. Lebron was't even that good except for living at the line courtesy of some horrible calls. Oh well terrible all around.

I didn't watch the end but at least in garbage time Mike Scott always shows up. Seems like this kid can play. scoring, rebounding. we could use that.