• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

From Kyle Korver re: Danny Ferry

I understand Korver isn't Reggie Miller, but teams do respect him and plan defenses maybe not solely around him, but keying in on him as a person you cannot lose track of. The Hawks were able to shut Korver down because they chose to. Now, the difference is they had a guy who plays man defense well on Boozer usually (Josh Smith) who allowed them to stick to man coverage as opposed to double teaming.

The Hawks are a 2 trick pony offensively now. Jump shots or fast breaks. We are not a good half-court team when the jump shots aren't falling and we don't have a person who can get us the easy buckets in the post. If you're criticizing my "point" as being overly simplistic then you're essentially criticizing Danny Ferry, Otis Smith, and other GM's who had a dominant big man who commanded extra attention in the post so they surrounded him with deadly shooters. Ferry didn't technically have that; however he did try to set this team up with the hopes of getting Dwight to replicate the Orlando Finals team of a few years ago, but with better defensive and better outside shooters (Korver, Morrow, Jenkins, etc... vs. Richardson, Anderson, and Lewis)

By no means am I claiming Korver as a focal point of offenses or defenses for that matter. He's merely a quality part of a squad that good teams have that can make a difference for you on offense and you have to pay attention to on defense.

Your point was that a post threat would free up Kyle. I told you that despite a post threat and superstar scorer the Bulls were unable to free up Korver and your retort is to use example of teams with multiple shooters. Where the Bulls failed both then and now is that they had no other shooters besides Kyle thus why so many teams could and can easily shut him down despite other greater offensive threats. You even made the point yourself that there aren't other consistent shooters on the team with Kyle and that is why he's getting focused on.

This is why your point is simplistic. Dwight was surrounded by Jameer, Redick, Hedo, Richardsonx2, Lewis, Anderson, Vince, Pietrus, and Courtney Lee who could all stroke the 3 consistently. You couldn't key on all of them but if you gave Dwight Jeffrey, Kyle, Josh and Al and I'm telling you it would be just as easy to key in on Kyle as the Hawks did and other teams be they good or bad defensively are doing now. This is why saying "make one move" isn't solving anything for him if he doesn't have a whole scheme to get him open for his looks. He's not talented enough offensively like Reggie or Rip where he can find a seem regardless of pressure or coverages.

Edited by MaceCase