• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Lakers

lethalweapon3

I'll make sure I watch ESPN First Take tomorrow to see if their resident expert Stephen A will give credit to every damn person involved with that win or will it be how awful the Lakers are. I love Kobe as much as the next man, but hearing the cheers for him and the boos for Korver so loudly just sickens and embarrasses me to no end. Hopefully someone will speak out on it.I can understand not liking Drew. Not respecting him, I cannot. We've had two wins over the two flagship franchises in the NBA that were as improbable as they get. You don't do that if your coach isn't extremely poised and prepared. I know Al balled out, Devin ate Nash, as he should. But John Jenkins defending Kobe is easily the most startling development of the night in the entire NBA by far. He had 7 or 8 possessions where he actually had Kobe apprehensive as to what he wanted to do. As a rookie and at his size, I saw it with my own eyes and still don't believe it. How Drew would even fathom Jenkins having that many defensive possessions against Kobe is beyond me. Besides the Lakers Fans that had my blood boiling, I'm f***in ecstatic. I missed Teague and Zaza, but who was that other guy we didn't have? Lets Go.

Edited by benhillboy

Team effort.

This is what team ball means. Give coach credit for having

our guys ready for this. He said, before the game, he believed

in our players and thought we could win. His confidence surely

rubbed down on the players.

Shame that LD never even gave Petro a chance. He's definitely better than I thought he was. Fire Larry!

I don't know what you want Drew to do. Some people complain Zaza doesn't get enough minutes, how the hell is Drew supposed to find time for two backup centers when he doesn't have enough for one?

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Wow we beat the Lakers without three of our starters. I couldn't watch the game. Can somebody tell me who saw the game: Did we play better without Josh? Or were we just lucky tonight?

It seems they always play better without Josh, especially offensively.

NOT IN OUR HOUSE!!!!! AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME...KOBE WALKS INTO LOCKERROOM WHEN GAME ISN'T EVEN DONE I LOVE IT...:-)Sorry for the caps I'm amped..I bet sportscenter shows all Kobe highlights still..smh..

• Moderators

92.9 the Game is sponsoring a "Welcome to Atlanta" party for Dahntay Jones in Buckhead tomorrow. I'm guessing a certain purple-and-gold-clad fanboy or two might try to show up there tomorrow.

http://atlanta.cbslocal.com/2013/03/07/welcome-to-atlanta-dahntay-jones-party-at-twin-peaks-buckhead/

~lw3