• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Cordell says "Hawks are a better team without Smith"

JackB1

Cordell Stewart just said on The Game...." I'm just gonna call it what it is...the Hawks are a better team without Josh Smith".I agree100% When u don't have a someone else out there playing stupidly, the entire team feels the need to stick to the game plan and play smarter. Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

More people would be sayin' this if more of our games are televised on TNT or ESPN... fans from other teams look at me like I'm crazy when I tell them how stupid Smoove can be because nobody sees our games.

Cordell Stewart just said on The Game...." I'm just gonna call it what it is...the Hawks are a better team without Josh Smith".I agree100% When u don't have a someone else out there playing stupidly, the entire team feels the need to stick to the game plan and play smarter.Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Buck Belue would respond: "Well who didn't know that !"

Seriously though..........Kordell is a moron but he may be right on this.

I don't disagree but Cordell Stewart's opinion about basketball is about as accurate as Jerome Bettis on hockey. Lol

Heck is opinions about football are not that great either.

I don't agree or disagree, but this team wins games without him. What is CERTAIN is that we do not need his offense as much as he (and others...) would have you think.

We don't need his offense at all.

• Moderators

Well we did win with him and no Horford last year but I will say that the team seems to play as a team better without him. Benched or injury or what at first i thought he wasn't there but he was there cheering on the team pretty enthusiastically.

Well we did win with him and no Horford last year but I will say that the team seems to play as a team better without him. Benched or injury or what at first i thought he wasn't there but he was there cheering on the team pretty enthusiastically.

Joe.

• Premium Member

I have to agree. Now what will be done in the off season as re-signing him for the money he'll be asking is definitely out of the question and pursuing a sign and trade is pretty much pointless with this new CBA?

Edited by Jody23

I'm not sure if a smarter team equates to a "better" team, but I certainly like it when I don't have to throw objects near my nice television and yell obscenities ("you fu@kin inbred moron!" for example) while trying to enjoy my Hawks.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 3

I'm not sure if a smarter team equates to a "better" team, but I certainly like it when I don't have to throw objects near my nice television and yell obscenities ("you fu@kin inbred moron!" for example) while trying to enjoy my Hawks.

A smarter teas DOES equal a better team

I remember when the Pistons won the Title in 2004. Larry Brown's motto that season was simply "Play the RIGHT way"

• Moderators

A smarter teas DOES equal a better team

I remember when the Pistons won the Title in 2004. Larry Brown's motto that season was simply "Play the RIGHT way"

Smarter team equals better team with all things being equal.

All things, however, are not always equal. Harvard's basketball team isn't going to challenge Cincinatti's anytime soon but I am sure we can guess which group is smarter. Basketball intelligence is one part of a player's profile and a low enough BBIQ can certainly tank or raise someone's value but it is one component. Shaq was never in the running for top BBIQ but he was so physically dominant that it didn't matter. He was the best in the league at his peak by a good margin in spite of it.

Smarter team equals better team with all things being equal.

All things, however, are not always equal. Harvard's basketball team isn't going to challenge Cincinatti's anytime soon but I am sure we can guess which group is smarter. Basketball intelligence is one part of a player's profile and a low enough BBIQ can certainly tank or raise someone's value but it is one component. Shaq was never in the running for top BBIQ but he was so physically dominant that it didn't matter. He was the best in the league at his peak by a good margin in spite of it.

and as Smith's physical prowess diminishes his lack of decision making will be magnified even more.

Playing smart basketball or playing "the right way" is contagious. You can't have 4 guys buying in and 1 enigma..........that enigma definately cannot be your highest paid player for longterm success.

This is the NBA............not the Big East vs. the Ivey League.............but your point is taken.

Edited by coachx

• Moderators

and as Smith's physical prowess diminishes his lack of decision making will be magnified even more.

Playing smart basketball or playing "the right way" is contagious. You can't have 4 guys buying in and 1 enigma..........that enigma definately cannot be your highest paid player for longterm success.

This is the NBA............not the Big East vs. the Ivey League.............but your point is taken.

Some other guys who I think are successful players with less than great BBIQs:

Russell Westbrook

Andrew Bynum

Dwight Howard

It's like I said while the game was going on. Without Josh in that lineup, you had the right people shooting the ball, and the right people in the paint to get rebounds.

You didn't see Petro or Ivan drifting out to the 3 point line. They stayed inside 15 feet for the most part, and did a great job on the boards. Even on the offensive rebound and put back, there's no way that Smith makes that play because he would've been nowhere around the basket to grab that rebound. He would've had his hands out waiting for that pass, so he could take a 21 footer.

In that Miami game, Smith took 3 shots outside of 20 feet, and missed them all. I think the last straw for Drew was his very last shot. Hawks were down 8, with a chance to cut it to 6. Josh makes a good move to the basket to get fouled, but makes 1 - 2 FT. Dahntay gets the rebound, and the Hawks now have a chance to cut it to 5.

But lo and behold, with about another 10 - 12 seconds left on the shot clock, he fires up a 20 footer ( in which he was wide open ) . . . clank. That's when Drew looked at Ivan and told him to get in the game. And we never saw Smith again.

He was scoring all around the basket in the 1st half of that game. But was still taking those jumpers and missing them. Drew probably had enough, while Smith probably had some words directed at him. So Drew did what he thought he had to do ( with the team making up a knee injury story ).

• Like 1