• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Cordell says "Hawks are a better team without Smith"

JackB1

• Premium Member

I'm interested to see what transpires from here as a sprained knee can be a serious enough injury. If he comes back in the next couple of games, then we'll know the knee sprained was exaggerated at best. I think Ferry has recognized Smith's "style of play" is detrimental to the team.

Edited by Jody23

I don't disagree but Cordell Stewart's opinion about basketball is about as accurate as Jerome Bettis on hockey. Lol

Lol right?Well cam1218 just said that "the game" and radio in general would be better without Kordell Stewart.He is more or less right, but he isn't a guy Id ever look to for any hoops insight.

Edited by cam1218

Some other guys who I think are successful players with less than great BBIQs:

Russell Westbrook

Andrew Bynum

Dwight Howard

Russell Westbrook is a great example of a successful player with poor BBIQ. The guy has plenty of good games, but I've seen a lot of games where he shoots 4-19 and takes some of the most ill-advised shots I have ever seen.

Edited by cam1218

• Premium Member

Russell Westbrook is a great example of a successful player with poor BBIQ. The guy has plenty of good games, but I've seen a lot of games where he shoots 4-19 and takes some of the most ill-advised shots I have ever seen.

It help that he has Kevin Durant on his team. Don't think Smith has that luxury.

• Premium Member

As for his defensive skills... How much would it cost if they signed a good defensive at PF? A big that would be our #4-5 option on offense, and whose job on offense would be mainly set some picks and crash the boards? Certainly not the max.

Oh wait... we already have that!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now that's a scary PF. We would be a starter if I was the coach.

• Premium Member

I'm interested to see what transpires from here as a sprained knee can be a serious enough injury. If he comes back in the next couple of games, then we'll know the knee sprained was exaggerated at best. I think Ferry has recognized Smith's "style of play" is detrimental to the team.

Can we say he was benched for "conduct detrimental to the team"? Posted Image

Posted Image