• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Andrew Bynum!?

Jody23

I don't want the Hawks to get money tied up in a player where we will always be wondering, waiting, hoping:

1. How is the knee

2. Will he be ready to start the season

3. How many regular season games will he miss

4. Will he be back for the playoffs.

That will get tiresome fast.

I question if a big center is really that critical anymore. Small ball is in and most of the really big guys (Howard, Bynum, Noah, Kaman, Bogut, Oden) are made out glass or something. They are constantly breaking down. I would only sign Bynum for a bargan basement contract. He keeps getting injured and he will get to Oden prices in a few years. Better to build a small ball team that's really good than one built around a center who is always injured.

ps. I don't want Howard either.

Edited by Randy

Not a huge fan of Bynum.

Howard, on the other hand... Basically, whichever C the Lakers keep, I'd like to grab hold of the other one (between Howard/Gasol). Obviously, I'd prefer Howard, but an expiring Gasol mentoring a project big is a nice plan B.

Edited by TheFuzz

I question if a big center is really that critical anymore. Small ball is in and most of the really big guys (Howard, Bynum, Noah, Kaman, Bogut, Oden) are made out glass or something. They are constantly breaking down. I would only sign Bynum for a bargan basement contract. He keeps getting injured and he will get to Oden prices in a few years. Better to build a small ball team that's really good than one built around a center who is always injured.

ps. I don't want Howard either.

yea scoring centers are becoming less of a necessity but you do need a physical presence down low who brings toughness, is physical, who is willing to scrap in the paint, and is a intimidator in the paint.

Not saying that we need to take a risk on bynum just saying we need someone that brings that.

Edited by yungsta

• Moderators

Big men are still incredibly valuable in the league on both sides of the floor. A big part of what you are seeing right now, however, is just a piss poor bunch of big men. Dwight is hurt and not a big offensive impact guy. Lopez can't rebound or impact the game defensively. Noah is very limited offensively. Bynum is a huge injury risk and a questionable guy in terms of his dedication. Etc. There aren't any big men in the league like Shaq, Hakeem, Robinson, etc. who can dominate the game on both ends of the floor but that will return.

Once you layer in a historically poor group of big men with all the rule changes to promote smaller players (hand checking, zone defense, etc.) then you can see why there are no 2012-13 big men who are going to carry a team in the playoffs.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I can't believe anyone would want the Hawks to give Bynum a contract after the debacle this season was for him. His knees are now officially in the degenerative stage. I wouldn't touch him with a fifty foot pole.

I don't want the Hawks to get money tied up in a player where we will always be wondering, waiting, hoping:1. How is the knee2. Will he be ready to start the season3. How many regular season games will he miss4. Will he be back for the playoffs. That will get tiresome fast.

You forgot to add: 5. How often will he go bowling while on injured reserve?

Chris Crawford, Alan Henderson, Speedy Claxton, ... no more big contract injury prone players please. I would love Bynum if he were 100% healthy but no way would I take on that risk after a year in which he missed the entire season. I'd much rather add Al Jefferson to the mix with Horford and see what those 2 can do together.

I'll take out a large one year deal with him. It's obvious his knees needed a year and not "until January" to recover. He tried to return but wasn't ready.

The difference between him and Oden is the former has actually played full seasons. I would rather throw big money at Pek and mid tier money at Splitter.

Chris Crawford, Alan Henderson, Speedy Claxton, ... no more big contract injury prone players please. I would love Bynum if he were 100% healthy but no way would I take on that risk after a year in which he missed the entire season. I'd much rather add Al Jefferson to the mix with Horford and see what those 2 can do together.

Chris Crawford....wow. Haven't thought about him forever. Gawd...did he break the bank on us because he had that one good playoff game? Was it the Knicks....I'm thinking?

I say no to Bynum. He's a headcase minus the injuries.

Chris Crawford....wow. Haven't thought about him forever. Gawd...did he break the bank on us because he had that one good playoff game? Was it the Knicks....I'm thinking?

I say no to Bynum. He's a headcase minus the injuries.

Yep it was that Knicks series where I believe we got swept and I think Spreewell is still scoring fast break buckets on us! That was the end of the era for our old slow team. He got that big contract and was constantly injured, just like Hendu was at the same time, which was a double-whammy on us.

He is not going to sign a one year deal. Bynum will get the 5 years. However, I don't want him to be here. His knees scare me.

Yep no way he'll sign a deal like that. He might have a team option in this next contract after saying the 2nd or 3rd year just in case because of his knees but he's going to get a 4 or 5 year deal at the max amount.

• Admin

Yep it was that Knicks series where I believe we got swept and I think Spreewell is still scoring fast break buckets on us! That was the end of the era for our old slow team. He got that big contract and was constantly injured, just like Hendu was at the same time, which was a double-whammy on us.

Wasn't it just one good quarter