• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

We need a scorer on this team.

Wurider05

I think first, this depends on your opinion of a black hole. Of course it's a guy that launches it every time he touches it, which keeps other people out of the offense. However, inefficiency plays a part in that as well. Because if you're being fed the ball and you're hitting...then what's the problem? This isn't a guy that needs a lot of shots to be effective. This is a dude that when you give him the ball...he scores.

I wouldn't say it's clogging up the offense...when you're putting the ball in the basket. I also don't think you can compare what Jefferson does to what JJ did. JJ was a guard getting doubled and tripled, relying upon his big body and his floater in the paint. With enough pressure, or a decent paint defender, he's going to fail in there. Al Jefferson is a big man, playing like a big man in the post. It's where he belongs. You could clog the lane, but dude can hit the midrange too.

As far as coexisting with Horford...

I don't see Horf as an offensive minded guy. He doesn't dominate the ball and he's the most assisted player among the league's field goal % leaders (@77%). If anything, aside from his midrange shot, Horford IS a dirty work kind of player. He's one of the league's best rebounders and he excels at playing away from the ball. To be honest, he doesn't have a strong post game. He makes a living on his midrange game and getting into the right place at the right time.

So Jefferson wouldn't get in his way. Moreover, with Jefferson also being able to step outside, those two could play inside/out all day. What Jefferson would (and should) do is take offense away from Josh...specifically those jumpers. There is no way you trade those ridiculous jump shots from Josh for one of the best low post options in the game...and come out bad.

I guess it's a fair question as to whether or not his game would limit our MotionOffenseTM, but when you score as often as he does...I don't really see the problem. We also don't know if that sort of offense (with Larry Drew) is coming back. I don't really have a comment about his defense, but he's a big body that rebounds in the double digits...so that's not the issue. He's an average shot blocker, but there's only a handful of elite swatters in the game. I'd take his offense and rebounding and if it didn't work out, I'd deal him. There will be suitors.

u can't take offense away from somebody that doesn't play here