• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Free Mike Scott

thecampster

• Moderators

Still hating on the ACC, huh?You have to remember he was a 2nd rounder. When was the last time we had a useful 2nd rounder that we drafted on this team? Or even just a decent 2nd rounder or undrafted player on our team? My mind might be playin tricks on me, but it has been a while. Zaza might be the last decent 2nd rounder from somewhere else. Would Chris Chrawford be the last decent 2nd rounder WE drafted?

Huh? What does this have to do with the ACC?

I am saying that this isn't a 21 year old that you want to sit on while he develops. Scott will be 25 next year and 26 shortly after the season. He can mature some but he isn't going to make a huge leap in strength, athleticism or maturity. Why let his peak years waste away on the bench?

He should get some real minutes early next year to show the team whether he is a decent player or not. His per minute time looks great so far so I am crossing my fingers that he keeps that same productivity as his time ramps up - as you know this is the case with a large % of players.

I was not a fan of the pick, but I am happy to eat crow.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I knew Scott played all of his years of eligibility at UVA, just didn't realize he was so old.I like his game (for what he is) and hope that he gets more minutes. Sometimes those minutes just aren't there though. If he came in last year he would have received a lot of minutes with Horford being out.!