• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Raptors

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

The real good PG's find the open man ... and Jeff does this consistently . All a PG can do is find the open man, if it just so happens that the only open guys are poor shooters then the good ones have to work harder to get free or the coach has to improve the plays called.

I'll give you the coach has to improve his play calling. I think many fans are still wondering why Josh is sitting beyond the three point line. I blame Drew.

I like Teague a lot and hope he is a resigned. This is no diss on him, it is just calling him out for what he does wrong. He finds an open man, but not the best open man. Korver may be open in one corner and he might pass to Petro for a baseline jumper. He has improved immensely in his "offense running" but he isn't there yet.

He will be elite once he can get the best shot out of our offensive set. I'm not complaining about him, I just won't give him the nudge to the next level until he can do that.

Teague should never pass the ball to anyone outside of there attack zone. A play that calls for a player to handle the ball outside of there attack zone is flawed and will come back to hurt you. So, yes I agree Teague still is not running the offense well enough. Better than anyone else on this team though.

• Like 2

Teague's assist to turnover ratio was 13:1. I feel sorry for the National Media that they don't know more about this kid. He has an athletic advantage over Kyrie, shooting advantage over Rondo, and quickness over Williams. He's been playing basically like a Derrick Rose lite. He'll be a household name shortly after next season is underway, but I have a feeling he'll get a lot of pub this postseason if he stays aggressive, and why wouldn't he, especially when Drew finally has a meat hook and a spot at the end of the bench for Bad Josh.

• Moderators

Teague was fantastic last night. I'm hoping the lack of attention he's received helps keep his price down because we absolutely have to lock him up. Ivan was awesome too and Horford, well what can you say. The dude has emerged as the absolute leader of this team. Nice to see Josh and Dahntay supporting the troops in the fourth.

Nick van Exel has done wonders for Teague.

True. I never thought of him as a coaching type as a player, but he's turned out to be a very solid assistant. He just knows the right buttons to push for certain guys, and he brings the inner beast out of soft-spoken Jeff.