• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bulls top Heat - How does that affect us?

Gray Mule

Hawks don't like the Bulls.

Hawks don't like the Heat.

Heat's winning streak finally over, thanks to the Bulls.

How does this change things for the Hawks, as far as the playoffs goes?

Should we care, one way or the other, how this game came out?

this game shows you why I dont want to play the bulls in the first round. They are a VERY physical team and play with heart unlike the hawks and they have a real homecourt advantage the refs lets them get away with ALOT of physical contact on the defensive end just like the celtics.

They foul multiple times after the whistle, they foul very hard, and they hustle their butt off to fastbreak prevent layups which are a big part of our offense. the hawks are too mentally weak for that

If they are healthy even without rose I dont think we have a chance against them in the playoffs.

If you want to avoid embarassment you better be cheering that we play the knicks or nets in the 1st round.

Edited by yungsta

this game shows you why I dont want to play the bulls in the first round. They are a VERY physical team and play with heart unlike the hawks and they have a real homecourt advantage the refs lets them get away with ALOT of physical contact on the defensive end just like the celtics.

They foul multiple times after the whistle, they foul very hard, and they hustle their butt off to fastbreak prevent layups which are a big part of our offense. the hawks are too mentally weak for that

If they are healthy even without rose I dont think we have a chance against them in the playoffs.

If you want to avoid embarassment you better be cheering that we play the knicks or nets in the 1st round.

Yup, avoid the Heat/Bulls and I'm going to feel somewhat confident in a first round win. The rest of the East is a toss up for us.

• Moderators

The streaks over?!? Well, I don't know how and if it even does affect the Hawks, but this is how it affects me:

But seriousness, the Bulls are a tough team and well coached. All this really shows is that throughout the streak, the HEAT played in maybe six notable games (LAC, OKC, CHI, MEM, NYK, IND). The other 22 wins came against 14 other teams, of which only five are playoff bound (HOU, LAL, MIL, ATL, BOS) and of those five, 0 have a current seed above 5th. They played PHI three times, CLE twice, ORL twice, CHA twice, TOR twice, and ATL twice which we all know who the Philips Arena was rooting for that night. Put the HEAT in a seven game series vs. the Bulls or Pacers and they are beatable. Heck, I think the Nets and Knicks would give them a run for their money. Hawks may even pull off a few wins.

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87

The streaks over?!? Well, I don't know how and if it even does affect the Hawks, but this is how it affects me:

But seriousness, the Bulls are a tough team and well coached. All this really shows is that throughout the streak, the HEAT played in maybe six notable games (LAC, OKC, CHI, MEM, NYK, IND). The other 22 wins came against 14 other teams, of which only five are playoff bound (HOU, LAL, MIL, ATL, BOS) and of those five, 0 have a current seed above 5th. They played PHI three times, CLE twice, ORL twice, CHA twice, TOR twice, and ATL twice which we all know who the Philips Arena was rooting for that night. Put the HEAT in a seven game series vs. the Bulls or Pacers and they are beatable. Heck, I think the Nets and Knicks would give them a run for their money. Hawks may even pull off a few wins.

lol calm down.... the heat are a different animal in the playoffs and they just came off a 27 game winning streak. Even teams that owned them in the regular season they found a way to beat them in the playoffs. Over the years we have struggled to even win games in the 2nd round

Edited by yungsta

To me the big elephant in the room is the fact that even after winning 27 games in a row the Heat are still only 2 games up on the Spurs for best record on the league. That speaks highly of the Spurs. I have always felt that the Heat can't beat the Spurs and last year they got the favorable matchup with the Thunder.

To me the big elephant in the room is the fact that even after winning 27 games in a row the Heat are still only 2 games up on the Spurs for best record on the league. That speaks highly of the Spurs. I have always felt that the Heat can't beat the Spurs and last year they got the favorable matchup with the Thunder.

True that. Much easier said than done, but you gotta play LeBron physically and most importantly straight up and cut off his passing lanes for assists. Protect the ball and disallow the open threes and you got a chance. The Bulls winning without Noah is very impressive and surprising. Thibs is a defensive mastermind.
  • Like 1

• Moderators

I hate when people brag about how smart their posts are but :

Some coach has to be willing to repeatedly put Lebron on his back. How can you let this guy dominate you when you got 4 or 5 stiffs on the bench with 6 fouls each. I'm not proud. I don't mean dirty play. I mean no layups.

Edited by macdaddy, 25 March 2013 - 02:18 PM.

"I know that a lot of my fouls are not basketball plays," James said late Wednesday inside the United Center. "First of all, Kirk Hinrich basically grabbed me with two hands and brought me to the ground. Taj Gibson was able to collar me around my shoulder and bring me to the ground. Those are not basketball plays – and it's been happening all year.

Been happening all year is hilarious in light of Zaza's 'flagrant' when he waived at james last game. But it just shows you that you have to be physical with these guys. Thibs is a good defensive coach but some of it isn't rocket science. YOu have to get your guys to punish some people. Its not about hurting anyone or playing dirty. Its about saying 'you can come in the lane if you want but we aren't going to open the door for you'.

This is nba basketball play. When the league green lights the stars to travel, run guys over, push them with the off arm this is the only way to level the playing field. NIce to see someone had the intestinal fortitude to do it.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Just watched the highlights. Two very physical fouls on Lebron but both were fouls to keep him from getting an easy layup. Hinrich took much more punishment than Lebron. That's normal no layup stuff, Lebron just isn't used to being wrapped up on his way to the bucket which is sad given how often he gets there. Nice to see the Bulls get under his skin but i just don't see any big deal at all with the two fouls on him. That's part of being MVP, especially the way he plays.

I'm sure the league will come out and say that Lebron should have been awarded 10 free throws and half the bulls ejected but whatever.

Hard fouls? Not basketball plays? Child please, see Michael Jordan re Pistons, don't know what you would call those then.It would be interesting seeing how LBJ would have feared against the Bad Boys before the change in flagrant 1 and 2 rules, and all the Psycho mind games from Lambier and Rodman. MJ never cried about being beaten to a pulp, he would pick himself up go to the free throw line and calmly hit his freethrows. And that is still LBJ's weakness - not a great freethrow shooter.Send him to the line and make him earn it from there, if he makes them fine.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Moderators

I'm not saying 27 in a row isn't impressive, but the road to get there was one of the easier roads to take. A lot of games that should be gimmes for them. Not nearly as impressive as the 33 straight the Lakers had. And yes teams are different in the playoffs, but as the NBA champions, every game this season has had a playoff feel for them and during that streak ATL, ORL, DET, CLE, and I believe even SAC had double digit leads on them before they choked it away. The Wiz even got a win on them. This Miami team is beatable in a seven game series..Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hard fouls? Not basketball plays? Child please, see Michael Jordan re Pistons, don't know what you would call those then.

It would be interesting seeing how LBJ would have feared against the Bad Boys before the change in flagrant 1 and 2 rules, and all the Psycho mind games from Lambier and Rodman. MJ never cried about being beaten to a pulp, he would pick himself up go to the free throw line and calmly hit his freethrows. And that is still LBJ's weakness - not a great freethrow shooter.

Send him to the line and make him earn it from there, if he makes them fine.

Posted Image

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Other than the Heat, 15 out of 29 teams (51.7%) will make the playoffs. 12 of the 27 wins (44.4%) came against playoff teams. Not bad. They can't play OKC every night. And I know you're not arguing that they should play OKC every night, but I think you are selling them short.Let's say the Heat have a 70% chance of winning any game they play in and that the result of any one game has no effect on the result of any other game. (This 70% would obviously be higher against teams like the Bobcats and lower against teams like the Thunder, but let's just say it's a constant 70%.) The probability of winning 27 games in a row? A cool 0.00657%. So, under these assumptions, the odds of something like this happening are about 1 in 15000. Pretty fantastic.To your other point, I would agree that they are beatable in a 7 game series, but I don't think it's very likely.

Other than the Heat, 15 out of 29 teams (51.7%) will make the playoffs. 12 of the 27 wins (44.4%) came against playoff teams. Not bad. They can't play OKC every night. And I know you're not arguing that they should play OKC every night, but I think you are selling them short.Let's say the Heat have a 70% chance of winning any game they play in and that the result of any one game has no effect on the result of any other game. (This 70% would obviously be higher against teams like the Bobcats and lower against teams like the Thunder, but let's just say it's a constant 70%.) The probability of winning 27 games in a row? A cool 0.00657%. So, under these assumptions, the odds of something like this happening are about 1 in 15000. Pretty fantastic.To your other point, I would agree that they are beatable in a 7 game series, but I don't think it's very likely.

This. I can fully understand hating the Heat or whatever. But to discount in any way winning 27 straight games is just not right, no matter the era, no matter the competition. Some of the road crowds they had to endure during the latter part were college-like. The Madhouse was the straw that broke the camel's back. Throw in the fact that Ray has been shooting like sh@t basically the whole season by his standards.