Another Korver Quote

PSSSHHHRRR87

Kyle Korver is in his contract year, documented. He has done nothing but prove he deserves his last "meaningful" contract playing basketball. We wouldn't be fighting for homecourt in the playoffs without him...with this group. He's meant a lot to the 2012-13 Hawks, so he can say and do whatever he wants. I hope we're able to bring him back. He may be unhappy being a Hawk, but his play on the court would never suggest otherwise.

• Moderators

Mike Dunleavy would be the perfect option if KK leaves. Does everything better except shoot 3s and he's shooting 42-43 % with the Bucks.

I would hate to see Dunleavy in a Hawks uniform. His performance is fine for a bench player but ugh. It is Mike Dunleavy. Given similar pricing, I really hope Korver decides he wants to continue to have a prominent role in Atlanta.

He gone. It's as simple as that. Here's to hoping he lands on a team where we can all root for him still. So no Miami, Boston, or New York for starters.

"Woelfel spoke to Kyle Korver, who indicates the Hawks are in the driver's seat when he hits free agency this summer. "I’m definitely hoping to stay here (with Atlanta)," Korver said."It’s been a great experience. And we have an awesome coach (Larry Drew) to play for.""

CLICK FOR LINK

Can he say it any more plainly for squawkers who question if he'd rather go somewhere else?

• Like 3

Kyle is an extremely smart guy. I wouldn't expect him to say something disparaging in any way to any franchise or anything damaging to himself in the media like other guys on this team might. With a True Shooting of .629 (still third among SF behind guys you might of heard of named Durant and James) and assist rate of 17.8, I can't say anything bad about the man. I hope his praise of the franchise and coach aren't just lip service though. I certainly don't expect this production next year, but he's more than earned a shot at trying with a handsome monetary reward to boot. In this three-point shooting happy era, to discount the most accurate one league-wide in any way is just foolish. And don't give me that "he's an awful defender" junk. Watch the games. I'm sure he ranks highly in deflections (anywhere those stats are kept?), has timely blocks, and is a great rebounder for his poor athleticism.

Edited by benhillboy

• Moderators

"Woelfel spoke to Kyle Korver, who indicates the Hawks are in the driver's seat when he hits free agency this summer. "I’m definitely hoping to stay here (with Atlanta)," Korver said."It’s been a great experience. And we have an awesome coach (Larry Drew) to play for.""

CLICK FOR LINK

Can he say it any more plainly for squawkers who question if he'd rather go somewhere else?

“I think I have still got, lord willing and no injuries, four or five good years, but you never know, we’ll see,” Korver said. “At this stage of my career, to be on a bad team, I just don’t want any part of that. It is good to be here. It is always good to be in the playoffs. The playoffs are a whole other world. It is a different game. It is where you make the memories. I want to play in a good culture on a good team.”

To relate your quote back to the original post, it sounds like if Ferry puts together a contender KK will look to stay, but if Josh ditches out and no big name free agents are brought in, he's out of here. Saying that, he'll be contacted by numerous teams by the time the Hawks are able to see what will unfold for them because I think guys like Josh, Iggy, Dwight, etc. will look to test the market and won't be in a rush to sign with the Hawks or the first contract that comes their way. KK will be on the back burner for Ferry when free agency starts and we could very well watch KK sign elsewhere while Ferry has his back turned talking to these marque free agents. I believe the chances of that happening is weak though because of how swiftly Ferry dealt Joe and Marv back in July. Please KK, come back to us! Posted Image

• Premium Member

He is a 4 million dollar per year off the bench player not a starter. Only in a I want my team shooting 3's including my power forward Drew offense is he worth more. Other real teams focus on the fundamentals of basketball like rebounding, defending and shooting free throw while this team thinks that it can cheat fate and win the lottery by shooting themselves out of trouble or into trouble when these shot are being well defended or just not falling. If ya'll want to continue this mediocre path, then go ahead and pay Korver 6 mil or more but realize this is not how you construct a championship team. I must admit though, watching him hit threes is ENTERTAINING.

He is a 4 million dollar per year off the bench player not a starter. Only in a I want my team shooting 3's including my power forward Drew offense is he worth more. Other real teams focus on the fundamentals of basketball like rebounding, defending and shooting free throw while this team thinks that it can cheat fate and win the lottery by shooting themselves out of trouble or into trouble when these shot are being well defended or just not falling. If ya'll want to continue this mediocre path, then go ahead and pay Korver 6 mil or more but realize this is not how you construct a championship team. I must admit though, watching him hit threes is ENTERTAINING.

Weird. Kyle Korver is a fantastic free throw shooter, solid rebounder and defender. I don't get it. Why the hate? He's been fantastic for us and could definitely be a role-playing cog on a championship team.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Weird. Kyle Korver is a fantastic free throw shooter, solid rebounder and defender. I don't get it. Why the hate? He's been fantastic for us and could definitely be a role-playing cog on a championship team.

Exactly! Korver isn't the one piece that will make us legit contenders, but he will be a huge part of any championship team because of his shooting. I'll welcome him back every single day of the week.

• Premium Member

Also, Korver seems like a real team oriented guy. Not saying what he said during his interview today wasn't true, I just think he is giving his current and former teams a lot of compliments.Seems like each time we thought he was wanting to be elsewhere the report came from that cities newspaper. The guy is just saying what he needs to say. If it works out for him and us I think he will be back.

• Premium Member

Korver gets to the free throw line about as often as Deshawn Stevenson. He ranks 54th amoungst small forwards in rebounding per game. On defense, you have to use the eye test since the rankings have not come out. And based on the eye test, he is not a very good defender even while guarding no names like Alonzo Gee. Could you image Korver trying to guard Anthony or James?

To relate your quote back to the original post, it sounds like if Ferry puts together a contender KK will look to stay, but if Josh ditches out and no big name free agents are brought in, he's out of here. Saying that, he'll be contacted by numerous teams by the time the Hawks are able to see what will unfold for them because I think guys like Josh, Iggy, Dwight, etc. will look to test the market and won't be in a rush to sign with the Hawks or the first contract that comes their way. KK will be on the back burner for Ferry when free agency starts and we could very well watch KK sign elsewhere while Ferry has his back turned talking to these marque free agents. I believe the chances of that happening is weak though because of how swiftly Ferry dealt Joe and Marv back in July. Please KK, come back to us! Posted Image

Do have the benefit of not actually being able to sign anyone until a week after free agency starts.