• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - 76ers

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

((Out of town (might get to catch Heat-Bobcats tonight), so no crazy pregame thread today.))

Tank! Tank! Tankadelphia! The Philadelphia 76ers are just about to clinch some lottery balls, and hopefully the Atlanta Hawks will do their part to help them out before a much friendlier crowd at Philips Arena.

Let's hope the Law of Averages doesn't kick in for Jrue Holiday! He shot just 2-for-24 in a loss to the Bobcats on Wednesday. On Sixer screen-and-rolls, Hawk defenders much create indirect paths to the rim (unlike what the Hawks did with Raymond Felton), and make Holiday settle for outside jumpers and cross-court passes.

Anthony Tolliver may be a prime target for the Hawks' offense. His season high of 21 points (including 5 three-pointers) came during the Hawks' 11-point win on March 6.

Yes, "Leading Scorer Damien Wilkins" is an actual thing. He had 20 points and 9 rebounds against Charlotte, his 12th double-digit game in his last 15 appearances.

Go Hawks!

~lw3

• Like 1

They just loss to the Cats and we're coming off a "home" loss. Losing is not an option tonight. We're due for a fourth quarter where our starters are iced down. Remember the 53 win season in 09-10 and how often our starters could rest in the fourth? It isn't a coincidence that's the year Josh didn't shoot jumpers.

I believe they'll come back. Its just the Sixers. Its pretty troubling that the same 2 weaknesses have been showing up all season, though. Pathetic rebounding (you can keep your stinking 1 offensive rebound at the half) and no effort to guard the three poor line at all. They need to tighten up. Teague hurts a lot sometimes because he can't give you nothing on the glass. I'd be pleasantly surprised if he ever got a triple double.

((Out of town (might get to catch Heat-Bobcats tonight), so no crazy pregame thread today.))

Tank! Tank! Tankadelphia! The Philadelphia 76ers are just about to clinch some lottery balls, and hopefully the Atlanta Hawks will do their part to help them out before a much friendlier crowd at Philips Arena.

~lw3

Haha - they wanted those ping-pong balls - but we out-lazied them !!

Serves them right to think they can come into our town on a Friday night and pick up a cheap loss Posted Image

.... They need to tighten up. Teague hurts a lot sometimes because he can't give you nothing on the glass. I'd be pleasantly surprised if he ever got a triple double.

I've noticed that Jeff "too cool for school" Teague seems to be a lot quicker on the offensive side of the court than the defensive side.

Must be a gravity thing - something to do with the rotation of the earth.

• Premium Member

This game pisses me off A LOT, but I try to remember our last three years under Drew. The first year we started quick (not looking it up but 6-0 and almost #1 around jan), played 500 ball and had a horrible finish. That was probably one of our better playoff showings, upsetting Orlando and being somewhat competitive against the Bulls.Last year we had a great regular season. Had homecourt and lost to Boston.This year, started 20-10, and have been 500 or so the rest of the way. I hope it is a trend...

I can't get too mad about losses like these anymore. It comes with being a Hawks fan. I hope Ferry turns this into a formidable team both doing the regular season and playoffs.

But this laziness and malaise they show on the court is beyond unacceptable.

No:

Lou Williams

Zaza Pauchulia

Devin Harris

John Jenkins

Stephenson, Tolliver, Mack, Jones played a total of 75 minutes

Teague and Horford shoot a combined 12-32 with 7 turnovers.

When you are missing 4 rotation players and are relying on big minutes from Stevenson, Tolliver, Mack and Jones....the chances of a loss are pretty solid.

• Premium Member

I'm starting to think LD should be the 1st out of the door. Bring a new coach and then decide what to do with our cancer. No way DF keeps both of them.

Al should rest through the final regular season games, He looks tired, has been making some silly mistakes out there. Same for Teague. Hopefully we'll have the last 3 games to spare...

It eases the pain a little when fellow East teams have bad losses on the same night. It's no surprise Indy loss to OKC, but by the dub at home? And Boston is reeling after a home loss to the Cavs. I'm gonna still have hope that after this inevitable loss tonight against the Spurs we'll run off three straight. Hell, I'd excuse another slip up if we could finish the season with 45 wins and a Grand Finale win over the Knicks to enter he olayoffs with confidence. Hopefully Melo's broiling will have simmered by then. Teague is simply not the same player when there isn't that other handling guard on the floor with him to take pressure off.

Edited by benhillboy