• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Spurs

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

((Still on my way back from Carolina -- see you folks on the Squawk Chat!))

No Josh (knee)? No Al (hammy)? No Devin (foot)? Maybe no Kyle? Yeah, no problem! Here's hoping for a big night from San Antonio native Ivan Johnson tonight. Also look for John Jenkins to play, back from concussion testing. And don't forget Mike Scott joining him off the bench. You'll remember he hit a big 3-point shot in the preseason that almost won the Hawks the game in San An (but for Nando de Colo).

The Spurs have plenty to play for, including homecourt advantage throughout, so don't expect too much resting of players by Coach Greg Popovic, aside from Manu Ginobili (hammy), who's already out, and Tony Parker (ankle). Stephen Jackson is nursing a sprained ankle, but Coach Pop has plenty of options at the wing. Jeff Teague will get a chance to dictate the offense as a good point guard should. Let's see if he takes advantage of that opportunity tonight.

Go Hawks!

~lw3

• Like 1

LOL @ the Hawks "tanking"

PG - Teague

G - Jones

F - Tolliver

PF - Ivan

C - Petro

And I guess Stevenson still doesn't play on back to back nights.

If Ivan balls tonight, he's going to play himself into a nice contract, because he'll definitely catch the eye of Popovich.

Bench

G - Jenkins ( ?? )

F - Scott ( who will probably ball tonight too )

G - Mack

Teague having a bad game, so Drew benches him for Mack, despite us being in crunch time.

Scott and Ivan doing the best they can vs Duncan.

Hawks still in striking distance.

LOL @ the refs calling a travel on Jenkins on that PRETTY move to the hole. That would've cut it to 3. Instead, Duncan makes a 20 footer and they're back up 7

smh

• Like 1

How can you not like the Spurs unless you're David Stern or the rest of the Western Conference. They're a machine. Tim is officially the most underrated/ under-covered player in NBA history, and it would be a shame if he actually cared about limelight. I'm starting to think we'll never beat them again. We'd lose a summer league game to them. Exhibition game. If we ever had the good fortune to meet in the Finals, we'd be swept. Their coaches would beat our coaches in an Old-Timers game. Their kids would beat the Hawks kids in a pee wee game. Their wives and girlfriends would kill the Hawks' significant others. Their best 5 fans would beat ours by 40. Not surprised by the good effort from the bench, though. Jenkins and Scott could've just as well been drafted by the Spurs. The Spurs have been playing down to competition lately and I'm sure Pop will let them hear about it.

Edited by benhillboy

How can you not like the Spurs unless you're David Stern or the rest of the Western Conference. They're a machine. Tim is officially the most underrated/ under-covered player in NBA history, and it would be a shame if he actually cared about limelight. I'm starting to think we'll never beat them again. We'd lose a summer league game to them. Exhibition game. If we ever had the good fortune to meet in the Finals, we'd be swept. Their coaches would beat our coaches in an Old-Timers game. Their kids would beat the Hawks kids in a pee wee game. Their wives and girlfriends would kill the Hawks' significant others. Their best 5 fans would beat ours by 40.

LOL

The fact that all of their players seem to compliment each other, or provide a SPECIFIC role on the team, is what makes them so tough. No 2 players on that team are the same type of player.

Bench guys showing a lot of heart tonight though. Proud of the way they've played in this game.

• Like 1

Looks like I missed a good game. Looking at the box score, looks like our rookies went off! Scott and Jenkins - nice!!

Petro with 15 boards? Ha! This is against one of the best teams in the NBA.

I havn't watched any Hawks games since the Braves season started. The Cubs got beat UPt-on. (Literally)

This was the anti-Sixers game! Let's bottle this for the next Sixers game!

~lw3

You don't believe, seriously, that our rookies will get THIS MUCH playing time

in our next game, do you?

No. Our starting five, which the 76ers whipped like a red headed step child

will be back for another dose. Count on it.

• Like 1

You don't believe, seriously, that our rookies will get THIS MUCH playing time

in our next game, do you?

No. Our starting five, which the 76ers whipped like a red headed step child

will be back for another dose. Count on it.

Yuyp. The soap opera Young and the Heartless (Starring Josh Smith) will be back on again real soon.

• Like 1

Looks like I missed a good game. Looking at the box score, looks like our rookies went off! Scott and Jenkins - nice!!

Petro with 15 boards? Ha! This is against one of the best teams in the NBA.

I havn't watched any Hawks games since the Braves season started. The Cubs got beat UPt-on. (Literally)

Its official now - Petro has done more in one game that Jason Collins did in 3 seasons with the Hawks.

Edited by Randy
  • Like 1

LOL @ ESPN's headline on the recap of the game

"Tim Duncan carries short-handed Spurs over Hawks"

- Al Horford

- Josh Smith

- Kyle Korver

- Devin Harris

- Lou Williams

- Zaza Pachulia

. . didn't play in that game for us. That's 6 of our top 7 players. So who was "short-handed" again, when the only people the Spurs had out were Parker, Ginobli, and Diaw?

• Like 4