• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

LD- "We are 77 games into the Season and

DocWilkins

We don't know who we are"

LD has lost me a little bit with this quote. Is this supposed to inspire the team right before the playoffs? My issue with this statement is the obvious fact that Larry doesn't have confidence in his team's identity and if he is unsatisfied with the identity LD and the rest of the coaching staff should have established this a long time ago.

I have been pleased with how this team has played this year for the most part but it is still starving for a real leader on the sidelines. I am afraid he will never truly be that coach. You don't hear Pop or Doc or even Spoelstra lamenting about team identity...

Well at least he didn't say we lack energy...

To me its frustration over having to use 29 different starting lineups due to multiple injuries. Also the frustation of having a 3 game losing skid and going 5-7 over our last 12 games.

If you told me we would have 29 different starting lineups this season I would guess we would be 7 or 8 games under .500.

Playing the Spurs without Horford, Smith, Harris, and Korver was tough. Hopefully they can play these last 4 games and get their groove back.

In all honesty I hope we lose at least 3 of these last 4 games. The Jazz are 1 game behind us in the standings for pick #17. I'd love to see the Jazz pass us so we get pick #17 and probably end up with pick #20 from Houston.

Edited by coachx

Hehehe, the different starting lineups. The majority of those changes were not because of an injury, most of the time it was LD waiting to lineup against a particular team.

I think LD had so many different starting lineups because he wants a built in excuse or a quick negotiating ploy. "Did you know LD managed to have X many different starting line ups, tops in the league, and still managed to win Y games?" -LD's agent.

I don't really blame him for the statement. I mean, despite the fact that the guys have miraculously managed to have as much chemistry as they've had even though they are mostly all literally playing for theirs and their family's futures, there still isn't any continuity for this team. In the past, even if they themselves knew there was no hope for them to challenge for a title, the players could still use experience in the playoffs as a building block for the future together. Each appearance would be considered a step regardless of being a baby or giant leap.

As is, there is no future for this current team. 90% of these guys will be occupying 4 different corners of the country if not the globe next season. I expect them to perform hard in the playoffs but this year is more of a leap into oblivion than anything. They may emerge on the other side in paradise or in hell but it is unknown at this juncture. Having expectations of the future is a good determinant of your current identity and like I've said, the former is all over the place so it's hard to establish the latter.

In the end it doesn't matter, all we want is an entertaining (pair/group of) series. This is just an animated short before the main attraction.

• Like 1

Hehehe, the different starting lineups. The majority of those changes were not because of an injury, most of the time it was LD waiting to lineup against a particular team.

I think LD had so many different starting lineups because he wants a built in excuse or a quick negotiating ploy. "Did you know LD managed to have X many different starting line ups, tops in the league, and still managed to win Y games?" -LD's agent.

ZaZa has missed 28 games which has forced Petro and Tolliver start vs. some bigger lineups.

Stevenson cannot play in back to back games causing him to miss 27 games.

Lou Williams has missed 39 games.

Teague has missed a game.

Harris has missed 23 games.

All of the injuries to our guards have forced Jenkins and Mack to start games.

Korver has missed 7 games.

Smith has missed 5 games.

Horford has missed 6 games.

Yes Drew likes to mix and match lineups at times based on the opponent. Especially with Harris - Korver - Stevenson.........but all 3 of those guys have missed 58 games combined. He also likes to start a bigger frontcourt when playing the likes of Howard, Hibbert, Lopez but ZaZa has missed 28 games forcing him to start the likes of Petro.

Injuries have also played a huge role into forcing Drew into 29 different starting lineups.

The 7 games Petro started, the 11 games Tolliver started, the 2 games Mack started, and the 4 games D. Jones started were due to injury. Some of the mixing and matching of Harris, Stevenson, and Korver were due to injury.

Smith, Horford, and Teague have been starters in over 99% of the games they have played in. Kyle is a starter for 80% of the games he participates in, and then no one else on our team reaches 60% (Devin is at 56% and Deshawn at 57%). This is indicating that these guys are not considered starters by LD because if they were starters then they would start in the games that they were healthy for. They don't, so it has to be something else aside from injuries.

Maybe one could argue that LD only has 3 players who are starting caliber. OK, I could buy that and that would indicate that LD was severely handicapped with this team and caused all the different line-ups. I don't buy it though, but certainly it is not some mysterious injury bug that we have been hit so hard while other teams are not affected. Isn't the second most number of line-ups used this year around 23 or 24? And by my count, the Hawks have only used 27 different stating lineups. http://www.nba.com/gamenotes/hawks.pdf

Starting five next season, if we re-sign some of our present roster

which I hope we do. Then, there is the signing of all those free

agents and trades that may or may not take place and draft picks.

These are just players we already have.

C - Zaza or Petro

PF- Horford

SF- Korver

SF- Jenkins

PG- Teague

That means, to me, we have our choice of two back up centers

to choose from to be our starting center. Both are good #2

centers, but that leaves us short a starter.

Hopefully, our other rookie stays and we do well in the draft.

That leaves several spots open for free agents or trades.

Edited by Gray Mule

LOL . . Drew changed the lineup on the 2nd day of the season. Now granted, Josh was out that game vs OKC, after we lost to Houston, but here was the Houston lineup

PG - Teague

G - Harris

F - Korver

PF - Smith

C - Horford

Here was the lineup vs OKC

PG - Teague

G - Stevenson

F - Korver

PF - Tolliver

C - Horford

Smith was out, Devin came off the bench

3rd game vs Pacers, we get Josh back. Here is the lineup

PG - Teague

G - Korver

F - Smith

PF - Horford

C - Zaza

4th game vs Heat

PG - Teague

G - Stevenson

F - Korver

PF - Smith

C - Horford

5th game vs Clippers

PG - Teague

G - Korver

F - Smith

PF - Horford

C - Zaza

6th game vs Portland

PG - Teague

G - Stevenson

F - Korver

PF - Smith

C - Horford

7th game vs Golden St

PG - Teague

G - Stevenson

F - Korver

PF - Smith

C - Zaza

( Horford out )

8th game vs Sacramento

PG - Teague

G - Korver

F - Smith

PF - Horford

C - Zaza

LOL . . 9th game vs Orlando

PG - Teague

G - Harris

F - Korver

PF - Smith

C - Horford

It wasn't until Game #10 vs Washington, that we saw Drew stick with the exact same lineup. But it only lasted 1 game. Deshawn was back as the starter in Game 11 vs Charlotte.

The injuries may had a lot to do with the different lineups, but Drew started this trend almost immediately. If the team doesn't have an identity, it is his fault.

I thought we were supposed to be this fast paced, run and gun team? I thought this team was supposed to easily average over 100 ppg? I thought that was our "identity"? I guess I was wrong.

• Like 2

This guy, Larry Drew, isnt a leader.

Its his job and his staff to establish the team's identity. It doesnt matter how many lineups you use. You set the tone for the team and everyone else falls in. Its his job to motivate the team or at least help them find motivation. Quotes like this doesnt motivate it deflates the team.

Example the Bulls. Everyone knows they are physical and play hard defense. You go to the Bulls you fall in with the program.

Larry Drew needs to be fired.

• Like 1

Mike Budenholzer is going to be a top target for Ferry. I'm telling you guys if you want a different attitude with this team some of these old voices have to go!....I do like LD and I think he's a decent coach but I'm ready for the hawks to go from decent to actual contenders....we been decent for years now its getting old!

Replace the whole damn coaching staff and lets bring someone that brings discipline and structure.

My thoughts exactly. We hawk fans want to hold on to players and coaches like they have won a bunch of rings or something! Get a coach in this organization that came from a organization with pride and structure! That's step number 1!....LD is good but it's clear that he doesn't have alot of pride in this team. This team still gets bullied, they whine, etc. we need more horford and Ivan Johnson's around!

He wants us to be Denver but we don't have there talent or depth. If you can't do something against everyone then you have a false identity. We can not just run past everyone. We are too small to play stellar d and we can't rebound. LD is off again we have an identity it is just fake and his fault because he created it.

He wants us to be Denver but we don't have there talent or depth. If you can't do something against everyone then you have a false identity. We can not just run past everyone. We are too small to play stellar d and we can't rebound. LD is off again we have an identity it is just fake and his fault because he created it.

I don't think Larry has any clue how to coach a Denver-like team. Denver doesn't settle for jumpers. They attack, then attack, then attack some more. They go at the other team and impose their style on the game. The Hawks have never under Larry impossed their will and style on a team. Larry is reactionary and passive. Time for a new approach.

Man let me tell you. If i was coaching on a year to year contract. Its either my way or the highway. Imma get fired going out like a G lol. Straight dictatorship, Saddam Hussien. Imma run my team like North Korea. Meaning if im going to get fired, im getting fired coaching my way. Not letting players do what they want to do.

• Like 1