• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Article on Mike Scott

PSSSHHHRRR87

Are you guys still in a pissing contest about who was more wrong on an opinion...lol. We all throw out opinions on things we see, know, have no clue about - that's what makes this fun. The whole 'gotcha' thing / smh.Maybe we need a thread about 'what were you wrong on'. I got a long list.

Are you guys still in a pissing contest about who was more wrong on an opinion...lol. We all throw out opinions on things we see, know, have no clue about - that's what makes this fun. The whole 'gotcha' thing / smh.Maybe we need a thread about 'what were you wrong on'. I got a long list.

I believe during the draft chat I made it known that I would call out AHF for being wrong on this especially because he admitted he had not seen Mike Scott play. Then he spouted off a bunch of bullshit for why Mike Scott was a bad pick and who else we should have picked (ended up being almost like "anyone but Mike Scott!"). I just made sure to make a mental note of that since it was AHF and he normally doesn't make mistakes. Out of the 4 or 5 things I have found him to be wrong on, two have dealt with Kentucky players.

I haven't been in a pissing contest on this board in a while, so this is kind of fun as a once-in-a-month type of thing. This will likely get pretty old by around Friday for me.

Edited by hawksfanatic

I am not for firing LD. I gave him a chance this year. But should LD be fired, it will be because of his failure to recognize what Jenkins and Scott bring to the table on the floor. What follows is a list of minutes played this year for the Hawks.

Al Horford 2713 Josh Smith 2632 Jeff Teague 2570 Kyle Korver 2216 Devin Harris 1371 Zaza Pachulia 1134 DeShawn Stevenson 1120 Lou Williams 1119 Ivan Johnson 969 Anthony Tolliver 904 John Jenkins 818 Dahntay Jones 320 Mike Scott 313 Johan Petro 310 Anthony Morrow 301

That Dahntey Jones....acquired at the trading deadline has played more minutes this year than Mike Scott is a travesty. That had Anthony Morrow not been injured and traded he probably would have had more minutes than both combined is plain stupidity. That Tolliver, Johnson, Stevenson have all seen more minutes than either rookie and considering Lou Williams went down after 38 games opening playing time for Jenkins, shows that talent evaluation is severely lacking. I contend the progress Scoot and Jenkins made this year could have been acquired in the first 20 games if each would have been given 10-15 minutes per game. Especially on Stevenson back to backs.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Darius Miller offensively is to small forward as Devin Harris is to shooting guard. At least I can say Miller at SF passes the red face test since he is the best perimeter defender when he is on the floor for the Hornets and therefore defends against the better of the SG or SF they are facing for the majority of the time.

Darius Miller as a power forward is just asinine. He hasn't played as anything other than a multiple guard this season and certainly hasn't resembled anything that people can call PF (70% of his shots are from 15 feet and out this season as you would expect given his role).

Miller is a guard with some good size and defensive versatility. He will never resemble what most anyone thinks of as a SF on offense.

I will note that I don't think I was necessarily so very wrong on Miller. He has been one of the standout second round picks in the draft as well and has earned more playing time than any rookie picked from Mike Scott and on. It is more of a case of Scott really shining in his limited minutes than Miller not showing the potential to be the solid role defensive player and spot shooter at the wing that I was saying he could be.

I'm going to leave the Scott issue alone since I've already raised my hand to eat crow and said at least a dozen times that he outperformed my expectations in his limited minutes this season, and I am hoping to see more of it going forward. He still has plenty to prove given the small sample size, but he has done everything that could be asked of him given the limited opportunity he has had and what else can you ask out of a rookie?

Edited by AHF

• Premium Member

Scott has looked pretty good when he gets minutes. I loved seeing him run the floor last night to get some easy buckets. Scott and Jenkins both have been coming on with some strong play just in time for the playoffs.

2012 Second-rounders' Points per 48 Minutes (thru last night, of course):

MIKE SCOTT (LOS HAWKS, 43rd Pick) 22.7 Pts per 48 [7th among all drafted and undrafted NBA rookies]

Kyle O'Quinn (El Magic, 49th Pick) 18.1 [16th]

Tyshawn Taylor (Los Nets, 41st Pick) 18.0 [19th]

Orlando Johnson (Los Pacers, 36th Pick) 16.0 [26th]

Will Barton (Los Blazers del Trail, 40th Pick) 14.9

Jeff Taylor (Los Gatos del Roberto, 31st Pick) 14.8

Jae Crowder (Los Mavericks, 34th Pick) 14.4

Kim English (Los Pistons, 44th Pick) 14.1

Bernard James (Los Mavericks, 33rd Pick) 13.7

Tornike Shengelia (Los Nets, 54th Pick) 13.6

Doron Lamb (El Magic, 42nd Pick) 12.8

Draymond Green (Los Warriors, 35th Pick) 10.3

Darius Miller (Los Hornets, 46th Pick) 8.3

2012 Second-rounders' Rebounds per 48 Minutes:

Kyle O'Quinn 15.7 Rebs per 48 [3rd among all drafted and undrafted NBA rookies]

Bernard James 13.9 [6th]

MIKE SCOTT 12.9 [9th]

Draymond Green 11.7 [13th]

Tornike Shengelia 8.6 [20th]

Orlando Johnson 8.5 [21st]

Will Barton 7.6 [25th]

Jae Crowder 6.7

Darius Miller 5.4

Jeff Taylor 4.7

Tyshawn Taylor 4.7

Kim English 4.6

Doron Lamb 4.1

Now if you'll excuse me, after my summer-league commentary on Mike, I'm off to go find some good crow recipes!

~lw3

The Hawks FO did an awesome job at picking John and Mike at their spots.

Darius Miller offensively is to small forward as Devin Harris is to shooting guard. At least I can say Miller at SF passes the red face test since he is the best perimeter defender when he is on the floor for the Hornets and therefore defends against the better of the SG or SF they are facing for the majority of the time.

Darius Miller as a power forward is just asinine. He hasn't played as anything other than a multiple guard this season and certainly hasn't resembled anything that people can call PF (70% of his shots are from 15 feet and out this season as you would expect given his role).

Miller is a guard with some good size and defensive versatility. He will never resemble what most anyone thinks of as a SF on offense.

I will note that I don't think I was necessarily so very wrong on Miller. He has been one of the standout second round picks in the draft as well and has earned more playing time than any rookie picked from Mike Scott and on. It is more of a case of Scott really shining in his limited minutes than Miller not showing the potential to be the solid role defensive player and spot shooter at the wing that I was saying he could be.

Seriously? Dude, this is essentially what you are doing:

Miller plays the 3 and sometimes the 4 with the Hornets. You clearly haven't watched them, Ace.

• Moderators

Seriously? Dude, this is essentially what you are doing:

Miller plays the 3 and sometimes the 4 with the Hornets. You clearly haven't watched them, Ace.

LMAO at Miller as a 4 and not playing in a multi-guard offense.

Edited by AHF

LMAO at Miller as a 4 and not playing in a multi-guard offense.

Lineup: Roberts-Mason-Thomas-Miller-Anderson (http://www.82games.com/1213/12NOH11.HTM#5man)

So, uh who is the 4 there? Make fun of Monty Williams if you want, but about 15% of Darius' minutes are at the 4. Hell, even the Hornets website puts Darius as a Forward (http://www.nba.com/hornets/roster/2012). There is no evidence of Darius Miller as a guard.

Posted Image

I am not for firing LD. I gave him a chance this year. But should LD be fired, it will be because of his failure to recognize what Jenkins and Scott bring to the table on the floor. What follows is a list of minutes played this year for the Hawks.

Al Horford 2713 Josh Smith 2632 Jeff Teague 2570 Kyle Korver 2216 Devin Harris 1371 Zaza Pachulia 1134 DeShawn Stevenson 1120 Lou Williams 1119 Ivan Johnson 969 Anthony Tolliver 904 John Jenkins 818 Dahntay Jones 320 Mike Scott 313 Johan Petro 310 Anthony Morrow 301

That Dahntey Jones....acquired at the trading deadline has played more minutes this year than Mike Scott is a travesty. That had Anthony Morrow not been injured and traded he probably would have had more minutes than both combined is plain stupidity. That Tolliver, Johnson, Stevenson have all seen more minutes than either rookie and considering Lou Williams went down after 38 games opening playing time for Jenkins, shows that talent evaluation is severely lacking. I contend the progress Scoot and Jenkins made this year could have been acquired in the first 20 games if each would have been given 10-15 minutes per game. Especially on Stevenson back to backs.

I'm sick of seeing coaches hold young talent back so that they can play garbage likes D. Jones and Tolliver who maybe had a handful of good games each.

Nice to see Scott rewarded for his performance against the 76er's with a DNP - Coach's Decision against the Bucks...

How can a coach expect a young player to getting better if he never gets rewarded for playing well? It seems some coaches almost have to be forced into giving young players the time they earn.