• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Josh Doesn't Know His Go To Moves!

LastDon

I see over the last few weeks he has used that Stacy Augmon spin more which is a great move for him and hard to stop due to his athletic ability. Alot of people including Josh don't realize how well he shoots that bank shot from 15 feet like Tim Duncan. I would like to see Josh hoist 3 of those bankshots a game rather that shooting long J's just inside the 3 point line.. If he is going to do that he might as well hoist a 3.

I have also seen an improvement in Josh with his driving ability in the half court.. Whe he stays low with the dribble he is much more effective with his drives then when he stands high dribbling the ball like a clumsy person.. And what I like about when he stays low is that he doesnt have the Marvin Williams syndrome and make himself smaller he is still able to explode and make a aggressive finish.

If he realizes his strengths, make free throws and stay in attack mode he could easily be a 20ppg scorer in the league.. Great game Tonight.. The Kid has all the tools.

• Like 2

Stacey Augmon spin move ? You do know who he got that from. Right ?Hate to be pissy but.........there are plenty of players who would be 20 ppg scorers if ifs and buts were candy & nuts.

Edited by coachx

I see over the last few weeks he has used that Stacy Augmon spin more which is a great move for him and hard to stop due to his athletic ability. Alot of people including Josh don't realize how well he shoots that bank shot from 15 feet like Tim Duncan. I would like to see Josh hoist 3 of those bankshots a game rather that shooting long J's just inside the 3 point line.. If he is going to do that he might as well hoist a 3.

I have also seen an improvement in Josh with his driving ability in the half court.. Whe he stays low with the dribble he is much more effective with his drives then when he stands high dribbling the ball like a clumsy person.. And what I like about when he stays low is that he doesnt have the Marvin Williams syndrome and make himself smaller he is still able to explode and make a aggressive finish.

If he realizes his strengths, make free throws and stay in attack mode he could easily be a 20ppg scorer in the league.. Great game Tonight.. The Kid has all the tools.

But he can't . . and he won't . . so it will never happen.

It's been 9 years. If Josh hasn't reached his potential yet, he'll never reach it.

• Like 1

Stacey Augmon spin move ? You do know who he got that from. Right ?Hate to be pissy but.........there are plenty of players who would be 20 ppg scorers if ifs and buts were candy & nuts.

I forget the majority of this forum were probably in diapers when that spin move was Dominique go to move. He would do the tricky dribble but instead of the crossover he could spin both right or left into a jump hop before exploding into either a jump shot , floater, or power dunk. Many a player tried to do it like Nique but I've yet to see anyone do it like he did.
  • Like 2

There's no rhyme or reason to when Josh decides to do damage in the post. Like Bob said there are only a handful of 4s who can deal with him down there, yet all the stars must align and he just has to feel like it once every 5 or 6 games. Playing a perfect game or an awful one is totally left up to chance with him, so I just look upon his great games as a premium and try not to even harp on his patheic jumper and free throw shooting head-scratching nights. There are probably 50 threads in the archives about "why doesnt Josh do what he did last night more offen?". Never-ending cycle. Great Job by him tonight.

• Like 1

I'm done with Smith. Last night is exactly why. He could do that nightly, but he won't becuase he's too afraid to stay in the post. Time to move on and build a team with high BBIQ, tenacious defense, rebounding, and efficient scoring.

No....its hate. Guy does what you want him to do and you still rag on him.

Lost in the shuffle are a few interesting facts about Josh again this year. Despite having his lowest PER rating in some time he is still 1st in scoring, 1st in blocks, 2nd in rebounds, 2nd in steals, 2nd in assists.

Most guys would kill for this type of down year.

• Like 2

What kinda hater thread is this? LOL! One reason why I seldomly post here anymore. Most of this board is exactly what the Hawks fan base doesn't need! A bunch of unloyal bandwagon riders that really would love to change teams but lack the balls. How can you respond with a post of this magnitude after this kid plays his ass off.. Yeah, after he had a talk with his coach about leadership and performance. But Horford, whom got outplayed by rookies keeps getting a pass. You can tell that his pride was hurt after Drews meeting. Sounds like a Primadonna issue if you ask me..

What kinda hater thread is this? LOL! One reason why I seldomly post here anymore. Most of this board is exactly what the Hawks fan base doesn't need! A bunch of unloyal bandwagon riders that really would love to change teams but lack the balls. How can you respond with a post of this magnitude after this kid plays his ass off.. Yeah, after he had a talk with his coach about leadership and performance. But Horford, whom got outplayed by rookies keeps getting a pass. You can tell that his pride was hurt after Drews meeting. Sounds like a Primadonna issue if you ask me..

calling the folks who post on THIS board bandwagon is pretty rich. Most of us have been here for years, if not longer. The reason we post about Josh's game is that his play was what we expect out of a PF. Instead we get the usual Josh who is allergic to paint and thinks he's the next Larry Bird. Frustration with boneheaded play and decades of losing bring out the complaints.

• Like 1

I remember Nique's Spin being more from the post up position..But how dare you say I don't remember Nique!? Nique is the reason why I'm a hawks fan. But if we are going to credit the spin to Nique fine.. I have no problem with that at all. Josh jus need to keep doing it because it's very effective..However Nique wasn't more of a spinner than Augmon..The spin move on the face up drive is how Augmon made his living.

I forget the majority of this forum were probably in diapers when that spin move was Dominique go to move. He would do the tricky dribble but instead of the crossover he could spin both right or left into a jump hop before exploding into either a jump shot , floater, or power dunk. Many a player tried to do it like Nique but I've yet to see anyone do it like he did.