• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who do you want (Nets or Pacers)?

CODHAWKSFAN

• Moderators

Pacers.

The Pacers are pretenders. They are slumping now. They would be a 5 and out for us. I think that Brooklyn is a scary team come playoffs. They are a vet team with a real PG and a real C. That's something that I doubt we want to face in the playoffs.

That's the way i feel too but everytime i've watched bkn this season they've looked horrible. Maybe they've put it together. Rebounding is the key, push the pace and stay on Deron. Seems like Horford has handled lopez and Petro may help there too.

So will Indy get past Chicago if it comes to that?

That's the way i feel too but everytime i've watched bkn this season they've looked horrible. Maybe they've put it together. Rebounding is the key, push the pace and stay on Deron. Seems like Horford has handled lopez and Petro may help there too.

If rebounding is the key we already lost. Reggie Evans is playing like Rodman as of late.

Edited by GameTime

yea brooklyn hasnt looked impressive for most of the reason but lately they have been balling. Recently they destroyed the pacers and the celtics on the road and d-will is playing like a top 10 player again.

On paper they are a TERRIBLE match up for us because they have size at every position. We played pretty good against them in the regular season but regular season records dont mean shit in the playoffs. I think our lack of 2 way players is going to be our Achilles heel this series.

I honestly wouldnt be suprised if we get destroyed and the series is only 5 games. Its sad but I have no hope in this team and only looking forward to a big offseason.

For fun I predicted what our starting line up would be

Teague

Deshawn or dahntay

Jbrick

Horford

Petro

There goes all hope of seeing Solo ride the pine for Woody after we best Indy and face NY - as quickly and unexpected as the signing was his release today was just the same... :-)

• Premium Member

It is really looking like we are going to play Brooklyn. We win one game and they have to win out. Who knows what will happen though, both teams have been pretty in inconsistent. It is really looking like we are going to play Brooklyn. We win one game and they have to win out. Who knows what will happen though, both teams have been pretty in inconsistent.

Update: With Chicago winning their game against the Magic last night, we are now a half game ahead of them. We have 2 more games left and they have one.For those who want Indiana: We only have to lose our last two and the Bulls have to win one.For those who want Brooklyn: We either have to win the last 2 games or win 1 and Chicago loses the last one.Either way, this may come down to the last game of the season. If I were LD (or any coach) I would make sure we face Indiana, as a fan, I wanna see Brooklyn.

Actually Cod even if we split our last 2 games and the Bulls win on the final day we get Indy because Bulls own the tie breaker between us. I'd really rather play Indy. We should just rest the starters tonight vs the Raptors. I wanna see a ton of Mike Scott, John Jenkins n company. Ps Tonight's game is now a TNT game. Due to the Celts being cancelled.

• Premium Member

Vet teams are cagy.

I watched them at the beginning of the season, they had an early run. They got hit with the injury bug, fired a coach, and then have been so so. That so so is not indicative of what I think they are going to show in the playoffs. They're a vet team. Just like every year, Boston seems to limp into the playoffs and become beasts once they get there. Vet team.

Id rather see an Indy team that has no idea of how to play under pressure than to see a vet team like Brooklyn.

Edited by Diesel

Brooklyn ain't Boston though

True, they were a squad that won 60+ games twice and a Finals in their first seasons together before they decided they could throttle it back in the regular season for a better post season. You can add in also that of the Nets rotation players only Joe and Deron are playoff tested. Lopez has never been and Wallace only has 10 meaningful games to his playoff resume as a starter or rotation player so they may be more of a veteran team than the Pacers but not the Hawks.

Pacers also have the fact that their core have been part of two recent tough series against the top seeds in the East together. Only Joe, Watson and Evans were even in the Playoffs last season. (oh, and Stack)

I wanted Indy. I think we can beat Indy in a series, and I think we could possibly beat NY in a series too. That's if games were called fairly.

That being said, I see no way of us beating Miami if we get past Brooklyn. Even if we could, Stern wouldn't allow it.

I wanted Indy. I think we can beat Indy in a series, and I think we could possibly beat NY in a series too. That's if games were called fairly.

That being said, I see no way of us beating Miami if we get past Brooklyn. Even if we could, Stern wouldn't allow it.

Opps. Got the seeding mixed up.

I want Brooklyn so we can play the Knicks.

Edited by AHawks89

Opps. Got the seeding mixed up.

I want Brooklyn so we can play the Knicks.

If we beat Brooklyn in the 1st round then we get the Heat in the 2nd round.

If we beat Indy in the 1st round then we get the winner of NY and Boston.

If we lose tonight and the Lakers win.......then Atlanta would get the #17 pick in the draft if we lose our 1st round matchup to Brooklyn.

So I was right originally? Everyone throwing me off.

I thought the winner of the Heat vs Bucks game will play the winner of the 4-5 seed games. So Heat vs Brooklyn or Chicago in the 2nd round. If we stay 6th seed, we play Indiana and then play the Knicks or Boston if we go on to win? Right?