• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Does Anyone Else Feel...

PSSSHHHRRR87

• Moderators

...like the Hawks signing Andrew Bynum is a huge possibility this offseason? I have just been getting the feeling lately that this will be the "big" move this offseason for the Hawks. No basis for this outside of Horf needing to be at the 4 and I haven't read any reports suggesting this, but this is what my gut has been telling me lately... We'll sign Bynum and load the rest of the team with picks and retained guys and stay flexible for another big signing in 2014, such as Luol Deng or somebody.

We'll likely have:

C - Andrew Bynum

PF - Al Horford

SF - Korver/????

SG - Korver/????

PG - Jeff Teague

G - Lou Williams

SG - John Jenkins

PF - Mike Scott

C - Pachulia

PF - Ivan Johnson

Vet Min, 1 yr deal

1st round draft pick

1st round draft pick

No - not saying it can't but I sometimes forget Bynum still exists. Short term, incentive based, non-max deal is all I would offer.

How did trading for him work out for Philly - I do not want that to be us.

...like the Hawks signing Andrew Bynum is a huge possibility this offseason? I have just been getting the feeling lately that this will be the "big" move this offseason for the Hawks. No basis for this outside of Horf needing to be at the 4 and I haven't read any reports suggesting this, but this is what my gut has been telling me lately... We'll sign Bynum and load the rest of the team with picks and retained guys and stay flexible for another big signing in 2014, such as Luol Deng or somebody.

We'll likely have:

C - Andrew Bynum

PF - Al Horford

SF - Korver/????

SG - Korver/????

PG - Jeff Teague

G - Lou Williams

SG - John Jenkins

PF - Mike Scott

C - Pachulia

PF - Ivan Johnson

Vet Min, 1 yr deal

1st round draft pick

1st round draft pick

• Moderators

I never said a max deal. I believe both sides realize his current value and the injury concerns and an appropriate contract will be made. I expect about $13 mil/yr would be the deal, Teague at around $6.5 mil, and the rest of the team will be cheap fillers to stay flexible for 2014. I believe Danny makes a play for Dwight and Paul first, but I believe they'll stay in LA, Josh will be in Houston, and Bynum will come to Atlanta. Then the focus will shift to SF and SG, the two spots Danny traded away last offseason. Will probably draft one or both of those positions and sign a 2014 FA SF/SG.

• Like 1

I never said a max deal. I believe both sides realize his current value and the injury concerns and an appropriate contract will be made. I expect about $13 mil/yr would be the deal, Teague at around $6.5 mil, and the rest of the team will be cheap fillers to stay flexible for 2014. I believe Danny makes a play for Dwight and Paul first, but I believe they'll stay in LA, Josh will be in Houston, and Bynum will come to Atlanta. Then the focus will shift to SF and SG, the two spots Danny traded away last offseason. Will probably draft one or both of those positions and sign a 2014 FA SF/SG.

I understand and get where y are coming from but shall we miss out on bigger stars which is likely but I have great hope. I see ferry pitching Bynum a 8m contract for 1 season just to see if he bites on it or maybe 9m. Then I see him taking care of the SG position and signing either mayo or Evans and drafting a SF with one of the picks. .....oh saving the rest of the money by signing players to 1 year deals again. Just my my thoughts.

• Moderators

I understand and get where y are coming from but shall we miss out on bigger stars which is likely but I have great hope. I see ferry pitching Bynum a 8m contract for 1 season just to see if he bites on it or maybe 9m. Then I see him taking care of the SG position and signing either mayo or Evans and drafting a SF with one of the picks......oh saving the rest of the money by signing players to 1 year deals again. Just my my thoughts.

Bynum won't bite on 8-9 mil, especially sinse Philly wants him back and might overpay to keep from looking foolish. And if you guys think Dwight and Paul are pipe dreams, anyone in the 2014 class is even more so. I feel be get a player this year and maybe Luol Deng or somebody next year. It could be Tyreke over Bynum, but we all know Ferry covets a young center and Bynum takes the cake, injured or not.

This is a good reason why being a GM is a really tough job. If Bynum were healthy, he'd be worth a lot. If not, then its a huge mistake to sign him. Unless you have a crystal ball, no way to know what to do. As deserate as most teams are for a big center, Bynum will probably get a big contract - but not from the Hawks.

• Moderators

I agree with everyone that the Hawks will not overpay for him, but I believe Ferry will go after him once the Dwight dream is dead. He's still young and he's got a TON of skill.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87
  • Like 1

I agree with those that think Bynum just ins't a guy that Ferry would go after. You make the move for Bynum to make a fix to an otherwise complete team. You can't build around him which is what the Hawks would be doing. I would rather really suck next year, keep the cap and get a high lotto pick than sign Bynum and have him sit on IR 2/3rds of the season.

I agree with everyone that the Hawks will not overpay for him, but I believe Ferry will go after him once the Dwight dream is dead. He's still young and he's got a TON of skill.

I agree with this. The risk is that the 76ers lock him up before Dwight has made up his mind (which can take a while, as you all know).

I agree with this. The risk is that the 76ers lock him up before Dwight has made up his mind (which can take a while, as you all know).

There is no risk. It's understandable that the center position is a position we really need to upgrade on but u can't replace a position of need with huge injury prone yet skilled and young center. Mainly because he will not play and he seems very uninterested in playing basketball. Ferry won't even attempt a pitch at guys like Bynum. The best thing to do for the center position is to sign Howard or draft one that we will surely start. That's all to it.

He's got a bad attitude and his knees are shot. He's not worth the chance.

Other than Dwight, there's not really any true center's anymore. Even if Bynum is healthy, it's almost not worth it. The game has changed. It's guard and perimeter oriented. Think about Durant, Dirk, Bosh....6-10, 6-11 shooting three's. Not banging down low.

I do miss the days, cuz I'm old, of Olajuwon, Ewing, Mutumbo, Smits, Robinson, Shaq, Mourning, Divac.....when the center was the most important. It's not like that anymore. When you have one guy, such as LeBron that can guard all five positions, the game has evolved.

I mean, our best player has been playing center his entire career, at an extremely high level, and he's not a center.

Other than Dwight,if I'm Ferry, I'm not spending money on any "traditional" center.

He's got a bad attitude and his knees are shot. He's not worth the chance.

Other than Dwight, there's not really any true center's anymore. Even if Bynum is healthy, it's almost not worth it. The game has changed. It's guard and perimeter oriented. Think about Durant, Dirk, Bosh....6-10, 6-11 shooting three's. Not banging down low.

I do miss the days, cuz I'm old, of Olajuwon, Ewing, Mutumbo, Smits, Robinson, Shaq, Mourning, Divac.....when the center was the most important. It's not like that anymore. When you have one guy, such as LeBron that can guard all five positions, the game has evolved.

I mean, our best player has been playing center his entire career, at an extremely high level, and he's not a center.

Other than Dwight,if I'm Ferry, I'm not spending money on any "traditional" center.

You just dont need a center that can score anymore but still need a center that is a presence defensively and can finish your defensive possession with a rebound and can crash the offensive glass at the other end.

and we most definitely need 1 since we are ranked 26th in rebounding.

Edited by yungsta
  • Like 1

You just dont need a center that can score anymore but still need a center that is a presence defensively and can finish your defensive possession with a rebound and can crash the offensive glass at the other end.

and we most definitely need 1 since we are ranked 26th in rebounding.

Defensively, I agree. Having a 7 footer that can defend is, for sure, a plus. Rebounding though, not so much. Rebounding is all effort. Rodman was 6'8...prolly the best one ever. There are so many long rebounds now because all of the jump shots deep that SF's can average as many boards as a true center.