• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

LD on 790 the Zone this morning

Talking Points:1. Mission - get one game in Indy2. Healthy Devin gives team something special3. Speed is our game, that is how we have to play 4. On Indy's toughness - it's playoff basketball, no time to take a step back, team mindset must be prepared for physical game, play through whistles and must ignore refs5. Al and Josh will be vocal leaders, they've been thru this before, underdogs with no one giving them a shot.6. On job status going forward - does he have to win series to be back? - not focused on that. At the start of season put that aside and his focus was on getting team to playoffs.7. Relationship with Ferry is 'super' (just got back in country) - in constant contact w/ Ferry throughout season.8. For Hawks to win - must execute offensively 9. On Jeff Teague - not so much about stats with him, more about pushing the basketball and being on attack mode, playing at high tempo.10. Have to run after misses but also makes to keep team on heels.

they've been thru this before, underdogs with no one giving them a shot.

If people actually feel that the Hawks have no shot, I don't know why. Ultimately I think the Pacers will prevail but I wouldn't be shocked if the Hawks advanced to round 2. I'm bias so I think the Pacers are the better team as a whole but the Hawks aren't bad and they have players that can beat the Pacers. I think it will be a good series.

OT - we were born the same year. :p

Talking Points:

1. Mission - get one game in Indy

WHOAH! Setting some lofty goals for this team. Maybe we should bring our expectations down to earth, how about we set our goals to win one quarter? Yeah, win one quarter out of 8 and we can claim mission accomplished.

Posted Image

[why can't I find his "Mission Accomplished" photo?]

Anyone else catch the part about Ferry being out of country? Makes me wonder if and who he was scouting over there. Any Euros that are fringe lottery picks this year? Or maybe it's a 2nd round guy he's looking at?This is going to be a very good series and I think the health of players on both sides will determine the outcome.

WHOAH! Setting some lofty goals for this team. Maybe we should bring our expectations down to earth, how about we set our goals to win one quarter? Yeah, win one quarter out of 8 and we can claim mission accomplished.

Posted Image

I'd been looking for my Woody bling pic but must have deleted it on my local drive. Good to see that it's survived!

And yes I thought that getting to the playoffs thing was a pretty sad statement of expectations, but if you think of us as team cap space with more than half if our roster being new guys on 1 year deals and not having JJ anymore then I guess expectations shouldn't have been too high.

I'd been looking for my Woody bling pic but must have deleted it on my local drive. Good to see that it's survived!And yes I thought that getting to the playoffs thing was a pretty sad statement of expectations, but if you think of us as team cap space with more than half if our roster being new guys on 1 year deals and not having JJ anymore then I guess expectations shouldn't have been too high.

For a fan's expectation, sure. But for your own team to have expectations that low is pathetic. If you don't believe in yourself, then who will?

• Moderators

Anyone else catch the part about Ferry being out of country? Makes me wonder if and who he was scouting over there. Any Euros that are fringe lottery picks this year? Or maybe it's a 2nd round guy he's looking at? This is going to be a very good series and I think the health of players on both sides will determine the outcome.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Giannis-Adetokunbo-7223/ Everyone has been keeping tabs on this guy. Absolutely amazing how smooth and graceful he plays. Almost looks like Julius out there, but I doubt we take him because he isn't Danny's type of guy. He can't shoot and is VERY inexperienced. Then again, he's also the youngest player in this draft and if drafted would be the youngest player in the NBA. Just turned 18. Could be a guy you draft and leave in D-league for a season or two. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Giannis-Adetokunbo-7223/ Everyone has been keeping tabs on this guy. Absolutely amazing how smooth and graceful he plays. Almost looks like Julius out there, but I doubt we take him because he isn't Danny's type of guy. He can't shoot and is VERY inexperienced. Then again, he's also the youngest player in this draft and if drafted would be the youngest player in the NBA. Just turned 18. Could be a guy you draft and leave in D-league for a season or two. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah it's hard to imagine Ferry taking someone who can't contribute right away. We aren't stacked enough with NBA talent to be able to wait on a 1st round pick. A 2nd round pick then sure but not a 1st.

Posted Image

I think you misunderstand.......he is saying our first goal is to get one of the 2 games in Indy. Not for the entire playoffs. Come on MAN!

• Like 1

Drew just doesn't have it in him to push a team.

Ferry could be scouting a new HC. Didn't he bring in the guy from one of the Israeli teams (Macado?)?

its time for Drew to meet the Posted Image

• Moderators

I think you misunderstand.......he is saying our first goal is to get one of the 2 games in Indy. Not for the entire playoffs. Come on MAN!

He understood that is why he referenced 8 quarters.

Anyone else catch the part about Ferry being out of country? Makes me wonder if and who he was scouting over there. Any Euros that are fringe lottery picks this year? Or maybe it's a 2nd round guy he's looking at?This is going to be a very good series and I think the health of players on both sides will determine the outcome.

Dario Sanic is supposed to go in that late lottery to teens range.

Atlanta Hawks (@ATLHawks) tweeted at 1:18 PM on Fri, Apr 19, 2013:Coach Drew after today's practice: "We need to execute. That means getting the ball into Jeff and Devin's hands in the open court."

No doubt a direct message to our front court point guards!

• Like 1

• Premium Member

No doubt a direct message to our front court point guards!

No doubt. He knows we can't win this series if Josh and Al don't empower Jeff and Devin to run the show. No time for Magic Johnson impersonations. As the great Sweet Brown said, "Ain't nobody got time for DAT!!!"

Maybe they didn't want to win and wanted a good draft pick this year?

I was referencing the upcoming playoff series.

Why isn't your goal to win both in Indy? I guess if you continue to set a low goal then you get the benefit of never being disappointed. A coach should be the one with unrealistic goals, they are trying to motivate the team. Even if LD really expects to only get one, you don't tell that to your team.

Hey I didn't hear the interview, so maybe LD isn't as out of line as I am making him. I am just going off of "Mission: get one" being extremely lame.

there is this 1 euro prospect that is on alot of GM radars and are trying to keep quiet. named Giannis Adetokoubo. He is an 18 year 6,9 point guard/forward.

He is VERY intriguing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km632hL-XCo

Projected in the high teens low 20's