• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

LD on 790 the Zone this morning

I was referencing the upcoming playoff series.

Why isn't your goal to win both in Indy? I guess if you continue to set a low goal then you get the benefit of never being disappointed. A coach should be the one with unrealistic goals, they are trying to motivate the team. Even if LD really expects to only get one, you don't tell that to your team.

Hey I didn't hear the interview, so maybe LD isn't as out of line as I am making him. I am just going off of "Mission: get one" being extremely lame.

since I have been a fan of the NBA every team in the NBA has looked to taking the Homecourt advantage by taking 1 game from the Home team. Don't at like this is the first you have heard of a coach saying this. That's what Boston said last year. The great almight Doc Rivers wanted one game from the lowly Hawks.

since I have been a fan of the NBA every team in the NBA has looked to taking the Homecourt advantage by taking 1 game from the Home team. Don't at like this is the first you have heard of a coach saying this. That's what Boston said last year. The great almight Doc Rivers wanted one game from the lowly Hawks.

They say that after the fact.

• Premium Member

Drew said the same things all season long. We have seen the Hawks look fantastic in spurts when Teague and Devin are pushing the basketball. I've also seen those two guys drive the ball and go for horrible layups and waste a possession. It is tough to combine the right mix of pushing the ball and being smart about pushing it because it is hard to see what is going to result when you basically just start running up the court.

Boss and Josh can run the fast break too but they need to know their spots. Just like I said above, Teague and Devin need to know their spots too. I want to see the guards with the ball over 85 percent of the time but our bigs need to be smart and push it when the time is right, they both have the ability and that could play to our advantage.

This is a tough series to judge. I feel that our record doesn't show how good we are because we stopped playing hard once we were locked into 5/6. If the Hawks pull off and upset these things MUST happen.

[*]Our guards must make their open threes. Korver, Stevenson, Teague, Harris and possibly Jenkins will have plenty of looks. We can't have a 1/21 game. If these guys shoot well it will open up the paint for our bigs who don't really have great go-to moves. [*]Josh cannot shoot a three unless the shot clock is under 4 seconds. If he is hanging out past the elbow all series we are going to lose. [*]Horford MUST be aggressive and hit his mid-range jumper. If we can get Hibbert out guarding Al we might be able to sneak in a few easy offensive rebounds if Ivan and Josh are actively crashing the boards. [*]We will probably see the likes of Petro and Tolliver in the series for a few minutes here and there. If they can play strong D and hit an open shot or two I will be happy. [*]Be strong on the road and hold our home court (unlike last year). We have played pretty well on the road the last couple of years. If we can avoid letting the home team hit threes (like our last game against them in the regular season and that one Boston game last year in the first round) we should be okay. Our guys have been here before and are capable of runs. Keep it close and play smart

I'm biased and I'm going to say Hawks in 6. I think we take one in Indiana and sweep the home series. I feel like I did before we upset Orlando and made a good performance against Chicago in the second round two years ago. We have a lot of guys playing for contracts and we all know that this group gets along. This is the time for Josh, Devin, Teague, Korver and the other guys to step up and play like we did when we were 20-10.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Why isn't your goal to win both in Indy? I guess if you continue to set a low goal then you get the benefit of never being disappointed. A coach should be the one with unrealistic goals, they are trying to motivate the team. Even if LD really expects to only get one, you don't tell that to your team.

Hey I didn't hear the interview, so maybe LD isn't as out of line as I am making him. I am just going off of "Mission: get one" being extremely lame.

You are spot on. LD can call a good play after timeouts but he couldn't inspire the cookie monster to eat another cookie. His complete lack of emotion has always been my biggest issue with him. I'd be thrilled if we pulled off one game, but DO NOT set that as the standard to your team. You tell them to go out there and win both.

LD constantly uses words such as "umm" and "uhh" during an interview while he tries to make his point (which is usually forgotten). It isn't surprising to me when we come out completely flat because our head coach probably put them to sleep during his pregame preparations.

Get them fired up LD, please!

• Like 1

Drew said the same things all season long. We have seen the Hawks look fantastic in spurts when Teague and Devin are pushing the basketball. I've also seen those two guys drive the ball and go for horrible layups and waste a possession. It is tough to combine the right mix of pushing the ball and being smart about pushing it because it is hard to see what is going to result when you basically just start running up the court.

Boss and Josh can run the fast break too but they need to know their spots. Just like I said above, Teague and Devin need to know their spots too. I want to see the guards with the ball over 85 percent of the time but our bigs need to be smart and push it when the time is right, they both have the ability and that could play to our advantage.

This is a tough series to judge. I feel that our record doesn't show how good we are because we stopped playing hard once we were locked into 5/6. If the Hawks pull off and upset these things MUST happen.

[*]Our guards must make their open threes. Korver, Stevenson, Teague, Harris and possibly Jenkins will have plenty of looks. We can't have a 1/21 game. If these guys shoot well it will open up the paint for our bigs who don't really have great go-to moves.

[*]Josh cannot shoot a three unless the shot clock is under 4 seconds. If he is hanging out past the elbow all series we are going to lose.

[*]Horford MUST be aggressive and hit his mid-range jumper. If we can get Hibbert out guarding Al we might be able to sneak in a few easy offensive rebounds if Ivan and Josh are actively crashing the boards.

[*]We will probably see the likes of Petro and Tolliver in the series for a few minutes here and there. If they can play strong D and hit an open shot or two I will be happy.

[*]Be strong on the road and hold our home court (unlike last year). We have played pretty well on the road the last couple of years. If we can avoid letting the home team hit threes (like our last game against them in the regular season and that one Boston game last year in the first round) we should be okay. Our guys have been here before and are capable of runs. Keep it close and play smart

I'm biased and I'm going to say Hawks in 6. I think we take one in Indiana and sweep the home series. I feel like I did before we upset Orlando and made a good performance against Chicago in the second round two years ago. We have a lot of guys playing for contracts and we all know that this group gets along. This is the time for Josh, Devin, Teague, Korver and the other guys to step up and play like we did when we were 20-10.

Too bad there isn't a player who can offensively take over a game on this team, like we had on the 2011 team that beat Orlando and pushed Chicago a bit. Is anyone on the Hawks capable of going off, and dropping 25 points in any game in this series, and lead us to victory?

As Rick Pitino would say, if he were the Hawks coach:

"Joe Johnson isn't walking through that door fans. Jamal Crawford isn't walking through that door and Kirk Hinrich isn't walking through that door. And if you expect them to walk through that door, they're going to have on different uniforms."

One of the realest coach quotes of all time

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRik9erWgQ8

I don't think of myself as being overly negative, but I don't see how anyone could expect us to win a playoff series against anyone other than perhaps the Bucks. We are too inconsistent, we don't rebound, we don't play defense on a consistent basis, and we are too small. Hopefully this will be our last series with Drew at the helm, and the last series two small power forwards playing power forward and center.I hope the Hawks prove me wrong, but I just don't see anything to be overly optimistic about at this point.Bring on the re-construct project.

Bahamut - - - - CONGRATULATIONS! 1000 POSTS!!!

Surely, after watching game one, things can't get worse.

(Don't say, then they get worse)

Hawks shot out of the gate, then went dead. If their shots fall

Hawks usually look good. When they don't, it's sad.

We thought that we could play defense - - Apparently not.

Can't hit our free throws either - - or rebound, Not a very

good recommendation for a winning combination.

Still, if the Pacers are to win it all in four, they must win

the next three.

GO HAWKS!!!

Bahamut - - - - CONGRATULATIONS! 1000 POSTS!!!

Surely, after watching game one, things can't get worse.

(Don't say, then they get worse)

Hawks shot out of the gate, then went dead. If their shots fall

Hawks usually look good. When they don't, it's sad.

We thought that we could play defense - - Apparently not.

Can't hit our free throws either - - or rebound, Not a very

good recommendation for a winning combination.

Still, if the Pacers are to win it all in four, they must win

the next three.

GO HAWKS!!!

Gray--I have to give you credit...you are as ever the eternal optimist...Just when I am ready to throw my beer onto the court or throw the ole remote thru the Television I think of your posts and slowly the Blood pressure drops back to normal...That said...GO HAWKS!!!

• Premium Member

I don't think this series is impossible to win. Certainly, I give Indy the edge in this series...but I don't think it'll be a walk in the park.We can compete with this team and make it interesting. It's the cloud of doom that would await us in the 2nd round that makes me go "meh."

To be honest, I think I'd just as soon tune out the 2nd round than listen to the bandwagon fans dissing our team in the playoffs. If they didn't carry it on FSS, I know I wouldn't watch it.

Even if we lose to Indy if the first round - and Ferry wants his own coach - I don't see LD's tenure here as anything that will ruin his career. He'll get a job....not likely as a H.C. but he'll be employed.

I think so too. I'm most interested in who Ferry chooses to coach here. That'll be the first big splash, and we'll know all we need to know about this off-season at that point.

Phil Jackson is walking though that door...? Avery Johnson? Terry Stotts?