• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is Jeff Teague a top 10 point guard?

Wurider05

• Moderators

I agree with PSHHRR87 but would rank Westbrook and Irving ahead of Rondo, maybe also due to injury.

The reason I put Rondo second is because he is the smartest PG in the league. He has a vast understanding of the game and is capable of trip-dubs any given night. I'm concerned over Rose's injury because I question whether he'll ever be the same player or if the image of his ACL popping like a guitar string is forever burned into his memory. They say that the fear of re-injury is the biggest hurdle to get over with these ACL injuries.When it comes to Lillard vs. Wall, I give Wall the nod because he has shown what he can do and this season showed me that still can get better. I don't know if Lillard will keep the train a rollin' or if he'll have a sophomore slump. If he has a repeat performance next season, I'll bump him up to 8th.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be fair to Jeff "legs" Teague...he was in trouble right out of the gate due to our overall mis-management of the draft (see BK).

We needed a PG something aweful but we went with the "best player available" at the #2 spot (Marvin) passing up on CP3 and Deron.

Once that debacle was settling down - we then drafted for need in a PG-heavy draft but due to our position were only able to get the 7th best - a tweener named Jeff Teaugue.

Teague has backup PG/SG written all over him but he was thrust into the "sort of" limelight since we didn't have a normal 1st tier PG.

He will have a nice little career here in Atlanta - making some floaters and driving to the rim when the matchups are right - and playing very little defense. Posted Image

• Premium Member

The reason I put Rondo second is because he is the smartest PG in the league. He has a vast understanding of the game and is capable of trip-dubs any given night. I'm concerned over Rose's injury because I question whether he'll ever be the same player or if the image of his ACL popping like a guitar string is forever burned into his memory. They say that the fear of re-injury is the biggest hurdle to get over with these ACL injuries.When it comes to Lillard vs. Wall, I give Wall the nod because he has shown what he can do and this season showed me that still can get better. I don't know if Lillard will keep the train a rollin' or if he'll have a sophomore slump. If he has a repeat performance next season, I'll bump him up to 8th.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't consider Rose because I don't think he's coming back. Plus his defense was always shooty.

Rondo is my top because of BBIQ and Defense.

Teague is higher than a few of those guys because he just is.

Lillard. ROY yes. Better than some of the guys on the list... no.

John Wall - Being the best scorer on your team has benefits. But he doesn't make his teammates better.

• Moderators

My list of top 10 point guard in the league:

*Revised List
1. Chris Paul
2. Rajon Rondo
3. Russel Westbrook
4. Kyrie Irving
5. Deron Williams
6. Derrick Rose (at 6 because of the injury)
7. Steph Curry
8. Tony Parker
9. Kyle Lowry

10. Ty Lawson
11. Ricky Rubio
12. John Wall
13. Jose Calderon
14. Jeff Teague

15. Mike Conley

16. Jrue Holiday
17. Damien Lillard
18. Steve Nash
19. Brandon Jennings
20. Goran Dragic

21. Brandon Knight
22. Jameer Nelson
23. Jeremy Lin
24. Raymond Felton
25. Darren Collinson
26. Greivis Vasquez
27. George Hill
28. Isiah Thomas
29. Kemba Walker
30. Mario Chalmers

If ESPN's PER sorts the list than:

1. Chris Paul - 26.43

2. Russel Westbrook - 23.98

3. Tony Parker - 23.1

4. Derek Rose - 23.1 (last season's PER)

5. Kyrie Irving - 21.51

6. Steph Curry - 21.34

7. John Wall - 20.91

8. Deron Williams - 20.38

9. Kemba Walker - 18.86

10. Jose Calderon - 18.80

11. Mike Conley - 18.38

12. Rajon Rondo - 18.12

13. Ty Lawson - 17.96

14. Isiah Thomas - 17.58

15. Goran Dragic - 17.52

16. Kyle Lowry - 17.51

17. Jeff Teague - 16.82

18. Jrue Holiday - 16.74

19. George Hill - 16.59

20. Damien Lillard - 16.45

21. Darren Collinson - 16.37

22. Grevies Vasquez - 16.34

23. Ricky Rubio - 16.20

24. Brandon Jennings - 16.20

25. Steve Nash - 16.00

26. Eric Gordon - 15.34

27. Raymon Felton - 15.22

28. Jeremy Lin - 14.94

29. Jameer Nelson - 14.44

30. Mario Chalmers - 13.29

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87

Top ten offensively for sure. I'm still waiting for him to be a defensive presence. Once that happens he is well into the top 10.

paul

deron

kyrie

rose

parker

lillard

curry

wall

lawson

holiday

are better offensively

Edited by yungsta

• Premium Member

paulderonkyrieroseparkerlillardcurrywalllawsonholiday are better offensively

The first 8 for sure. I gave Teague a top ten, but it is because he is between 8-10. I haven't seen enough good play from Jrue and Ty to put them bellow Teague. I feel that they are all close though and this whole thing is very debatable.

While I don't disagree, Teague is still handcuffed with Smoove here. Curry is not a no brainer. IF I want a three point shooter, I'm calling Curry but not a PG. That's like saying you're taking Abdul-Rauf over Nick Van Exel. Sure Rauf can hit the three, but he's not going to get anybody else involved.

Easily the worst post of your Hawksquawk career. Curry is a beast of a PG, who has to be the team's #1 option AND the playmaker. You don't average 22+ ppg and almost 7 assists, and not be a no brainer as a top PG. He averaged 26 ppg - 7.4 asst - 4 rebs after the All-Star break. Those are SUPERSTAR type numbers.

Curry is definitely a no-brainer, while Teague struggles just to be in the top 20 amongst PGs

To be fair to Jeff "legs" Teague...he was in trouble right out of the gate due to our overall mis-management of the draft (see BK).

We needed a PG something aweful but we went with the "best player available" at the #2 spot (Marvin) passing up on CP3 and Deron.

Once that debacle was settling down - we then drafted for need in a PG-heavy draft but due to our position were only able to get the 7th best - a tweener named Jeff Teaugue.

Teague has backup PG/SG written all over him but he was thrust into the "sort of" limelight since we didn't have a normal 1st tier PG.

He will have a nice little career here in Atlanta - making some floaters and driving to the rim when the matchups are right - and playing very little defense. Posted Image

So in other words . . . Teague is an athletic Jason Terry, without the efficient 3 point shot?

Easily the worst post of your Hawksquawk career. Curry is a beast of a PG, who has to be the team's #1 option AND the playmaker. You don't average 22+ ppg and almost 7 assists, and not be a no brainer as a top PG. He averaged 26 ppg - 7.4 asst - 4 rebs after the All-Star break. Those are SUPERSTAR type numbers.

Curry is definitely a no-brainer, while Teague struggles just to be in the top 20 amongst PGs

haha u make me laugh