• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Refs.

Diesel

The refs were terrible. They were consistently bad all game and I was bitching like a little girl in the chat room all game. I couldn't help it. That being said, i'm not using that as an excuse. We weren't winning this game anyway, We looked like we didn't realize this is the playoffs.... I blame a lot of it on LD, Although a supporter, he didn't have us ready to play.

I think the hawks will need to come out more aggressive on game 2 if the refs are gonna make bad calls take more advantage of it. I know there were times when we didn't get calls but today's gameplan was not aggressive enough from the beginning#missingzaza #needsmorealgression#algression

I'm sorry but today's game show a great disparity between fouls for and vs. We were getting hammered in there with no call. Tyler Hansborough in the third was a joke right. Over the back. Over the back. Over the back. Offensive foul.. Push off. Over the back.ANd sorry but our guys (PGs) do push the ball into the lane, get hacked and deserved the same call that their guys get. All that said, we deserved to lose because of the downright lack of BBIQ our guys have shown. turn the page.

Hate to say it but I told you so....the refs let them beat people up, but you cannot touch them in their building, its crazy!

• Premium Member

My personal favorite was watching the Hawks get three straight clean steals and somehow get called for three straight fouls for them. I think that was in the second quarter. I knew then we were getting the Stern treatment.

• Like 1

Not only where there horrible calls but at least 3 extremely late calls. Refs wait to see if the balls goes in and then when it doesn't blow the whistle. Korver had a few nice defensive plays that he got called on.

He was as shocked as I was. I'm not sure if he had the all-ball block I remember seeing.

• Moderators

The Hawks haven't gotten calls for years... But the last thing that needs to be blamed is officiating...

The Hawks ranking in FTA last four seasons:

2012-13 - 27th

2011-12 - 24th

2010-11 - 29th

2009-10 - 23rd

The fact is that the Hawks just don't get to the line. When you have a center and a power forward that would rather float around the perimeter and shoot long two's, you are not going to get a lot of calls. When you have a PG who would rather avoid the contact and toss up a floater instead of running into it, you are not going to get a lot of calls. Arguable our best guys that get to the FT line is Dev and Lou. Look at how Paul George got to the line in Game 1 and how LBJ & Wade do it on a regular basis. They don't go around the contact, they run through it... Ivan gets to the line and so does Zaza. Korver and Deshawn don't get to the line either, but that's because attacking the hoop isn't their game. LD said it right about this team... their soft.

Also, this is playoff basketball and whistles will be swallowed on a lot of plays. The Hawks just need to man up and get physical or go and get their tee times booked.

• Moderators

Oh and another thing, the Hawks not getting calls ISN"T apart of some conspiracy or league hate from headquarters because there was a time when the Hawks DID get to the FT line...

NBA rankings for FTA, 2005-2009:

2008-09 - 9th

2007-08 - 7th

2006-07 - 10th

2005-06 - 14th

Once again, man up Atlanta or go home.