• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

LD and Al speaks after practice today

LD:

1. Josh sat out practice with sprained ankle and is day to day.

2. Drew called it "mind-boggling" that they could come out and get that out-played from an energy standpoint - I don't get it either

3. It is "possible" that the Hawks will make a lineup change prior to Game 2 - who would be surprised.

4. Team needs to play with pace and move the ball - this is what I talked about last night, even if you playing in the half court the offense was too slow developing, no crisp passing, no player movement.

5. I told our guys, a bad shot is just as good as a turnover - how many of us here keep saying this.

Al:

Horford said he thought the problems on the offensive end, and their lack of a consistent attack, stemmed from shot selection. (Try and see if you can figure out who Al is talking about without explicitly saying his name)

"Shot selection is important, we have to take good shots. We have to execute what we do with all five guys. If four of us or three of us are doing what we are supposed to do, and the other one isn't then it's not going to work. So we have to work together."

Yeah uhhhh....josh need to sit on the bench. He played terrible, no effort, and he looked uninterested I like dude but he cries and whines too much for me.I know star players whine too like lebron and Kobe but atleast they do their part every game. Josh f's up along with crying. And he's a dumb player flat out. Message to LD: I'm sure you don't see it but Josh is helping you lose your job!...congrats!

Offense has nothing to do with George easily reaching a TD. You have to out defense a team in the playoffs. This isn't a regular season game where the Clips can go 4-0 without a Chris Paul.

If they wanted to, the Pacers could have pushed the score to 120. I don't care how many good shots you attempt you will not beat them without defense and rebounding first.

• Like 1

LD getting his fair share of negative pub on SBNation and ESPN for being afraid of Al's foul trouble and sitting him unnecessarily, as he should.

If memory serves we got back in the game with Petro and Ivan and then it fell apart when the starters came back in for the final 6-7 minutes of the game.

• Moderators

Horford sounded a lot less dire about the opener than his coach.

''At the end of the day, we can't look into this game too much,'' Horford said. ''We looked at it, we learned from it and now we've got to move on.''

He didn't sound too impressed with Drew's motivational methods, either, casting a look that made it clear he didn't gain a whole lot from listening to a former NBA player turned analyst.

''We know what we have to do,'' Horford said. ''We have to come out here, establish ourselves and play with a sense of urgency. That's all that needs to be said.''

Horford turning on Drew is what will send LD packing. I have to agree with Al though. Making the team listen to Reggie Miller commentary about being prepared for the playoffs seems like high school stuff.

''We didn't handle the officiating very well,'' Drew said. ''We responded way, way too much, which we cannot do. You've got to play through the officiating, play through what you may perceive to be a bad call. We didn't do that. We allowed it to affect us.''

I've been a LD supporter all year. I think he's done a great job. But his job, especially in the playoffs, is to work these refs. The players are whining because they are getting hammered or their getting ridiculous calls on clean plays and their coach is standing on the sides with a 'good call' look on his face. I know he's trying to lead by example but his lack of energy and lack of backing up his players really stood out in game 1.

• Like 2