• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Thinking about Teague, Horf, and D-12.

Diesel

• Premium Member

They say D-12 is staying in LAL? Why?

Next year, they will have Kobe and Nash. Even older.

They will have no money.

The year after, they will be forced to rebuild and Howard would hope that they rebuilt around him.. but what could they get??

Here. We can offer D-12 an Allstar PF who will play High post and let him be dominant inside... and

Teague.

We also expect to get Louis Back.

That's a young team ready to compete. That situation might even draw the great Phil Jackson to Atlanta.

• Premium Member

They say D-12 is staying in LAL? Why? Next year, they will have Kobe and Nash. Even older.They will have no money. The year after, they will be forced to rebuild and Howard would hope that they rebuilt around him.. but what could they get?? Here. We can offer D-12 an Allstar PF who will play High post and let him be dominant inside... and Teague.We also expect to get Louis Back. That's a young team ready to compete. That situation might even draw the great Phil Jackson to Atlanta.

The only advantage for Dwight in LA is a five year deal. Outside of that, not much else.Regarding the Hawks, I really wouldn't be shocked if neither Horf or Teague are back next year. Ferry just strikes me as a guy who will want to make an impactful change before free agency begins.

• Premium Member

A lot of Lakers fans I have talked to have been unimpressed with Dwight. I guess the team has put so much into him so they must resign him, but do they really want him back? It doesn't seem like he is a good fit.Get a guy like PJ involved here and I could see guys coming here. He is our wildcard, the guy that will help Ferry turn us around. I have told those same Laker fans that PJ is a great coach but I'd take Pop 24/7. Phil has had guys like Shaq, Kobe and MJ for most of his career. Want to prove you are the best ever? Step into a situation like ours and build a winner.Atlanta isn't a bad spot, we just have poor support. It can be done and I hope that there are players/coaches that will not take an easy way out and accept a challenge of making ATL relevant.There is a lot to lose, but legacy wise, so much to gain.

• Moderators

Every time I see Dwight in a Lakers uni, I say to myself, "It doesn't even look right..." I could see him in a Hawks or Bulls uni. I could see him in a Rockets or Mavs uni too, but that gold and purple just doesn't look right... I believe the Laker have to retain because:A - The Lakers aren't a team to have egg on their faces.B - They traded away arguably the second best center in the league for him.C - The rest of the Lakers are on the way out and Dwight in the prime of his career.I think the only thing that would keep Dwight from resigning is if D'Antoni gets the Lakers full backing and refuses to fire him. 1% chance that happens though...Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87
  • Like 1

• Admin

The only advantage for Dwight in LA is a five year deal. Outside of that, not much else.Regarding the Hawks, I really wouldn't be shocked if neither Horf or Teague are back next year. Ferry just strikes me as a guy who will want to make an impactful change before free agency begins.

The advantage is LA. The big market instead of a small market where the fans don't support the team. Kobe and Nash leaving will make the Lakers Howards team. Plus they will never have trouble getting free agents to go there.
  • Like 1

I am sure he will make a play for Howard, but Ferry won't waste time if D12 is non committal. I look for Ferry to approach Andre Iguodala, OJ Mayo, Tyreke Evans and a center. In all likelihood we will draft at least one center and possibly two.

If losing Josh is on the horizon, Andre becomes just as important as a center. Good SF's are tough to find these days and Andre would be a firm top five in the east. We would have to overpay Andre to steal him but Denver will match any reasonable offer.

Josh is the key here. If we resign him, SG and Center are priorities and a new coach tries him as a point foward. If not then we can go after SG and Center as the priorities. One other thing that factors in is if Josh walks, that clears enough cap for two max contracts. Or one max and two more substantial ones.

If Andre is offered the same deal Josh turned down, 3 years 45 mill, Denver would be hard pressed to match that.

The Hawks are probably 3rd behind Dallas for his services and that's probably with Josh in the fold. Dallas has a franchise player, better coaches, and ownership.

We are behind with sub-par owners and coaches. Ferry is probably viewed as an average GM among the NBA.

The Hawks are probably 3rd behind Dallas for his services and that's probably with Josh in the fold. Dallas has a franchise player, better coaches, and ownership.

We are behind with sub-par owners and coaches. Ferry is probably viewed as an average GM among the NBA.

I agree Cuban and Dirk may have a better shot but I think Dwight stays in LA due to the money and market. Dallas is the team we will be competing with for a center, even if D12 stays in LA.

Edited by Buzzard

Hawks fans please understand that Ferry stated that he wants to build a contending team here in Atlanta - so why would he bring in players that will not elevate our play. OJ Mayo, Andre Iguodala are not stars and quite frankly will not help us get out of the 4th - 6th seed that we have been in for the last few years. Ferry will build this team the right way - he will either S&T Smith for a quality player and draft pick that fills a need in his plan. I actually think Ferry will try to move up in the draft.

1) A true Center (Free Agency)

2) A wing player that plays defense and creates his own shot (Draft)

3) A Floor Leader

Edited by wolvetigers
  • Like 2

Hawks fans please understand that Ferry stated that he wants to build a contending team here in Atlanta - so why would he bring in players that will not elevate our play. OJ Mayo, Andre Iguodala are not stars and quite frankly will not help us get out of the 4th - 6th seed that we have been in for the last few years. Ferry will build this team the right way - he will either S&T Smith for a quality player and draft pick that fills a need in his plan. I actually think Ferry will try to move up in the draft. 1) A true Center (Free Agency)2) A wing player that plays defense and creates his own shot (Draft)3) A Floor Leader

I agree we cant keep being a low ceiling 40 win team that has no chance in the playoffs. Worst position in the nba. teams use us as an example of what they dont want to be. We either have to get a star or tank.

Hawks fans please understand that Ferry stated that he wants to build a contending team here in Atlanta - so why would he bring in players that will not elevate our play. OJ Mayo, Andre Iguodala are not stars and quite frankly will not help us get out of the 4th - 6th seed that we have been in for the last few years. Ferry will build this team the right way - he will either S&T Smith for a quality player and draft pick that fills a need in his plan. I actually think Ferry will try to move up in the draft.

3) A Floor Leader

I think Andre fits #2 to a t and he is only a year older than Josh. Andre could have a Paul Pierce type career in his 30s. He just turned 29, plays great D, and can score from anywhere. His usage has gone down but his FG % has remained constant.

Give Andre Josh's shot attempts and he is a 18ppg player all day long and he is not just a chucker. You want a versatile wing that can't be left alone and plays D, Iguodola is the only player in this free agent crop that fits the bill.

• Moderators

3) A Floor Leader

I agree with the sentiment here but am just noting that there is a good chance that Smith simply walks if we don't resign him. The odds of a S&T bring back real value to the Hawks is certainly under 50%.

• Moderators

I think Andre fits #2 to a t and he is only a year older than Josh. Andre could have a Paul Pierce type career in his 30s. He just turned 29, plays great D, and can score from anywhere. His usage has gone down but his FG % has remained constant.

Give Andre Josh's shot attempts and he is a 18ppg player all day long and he is not just a chucker. You want a versatile wing that can't be left alone and plays D, Iguodola is the only player in this free agent crop that fits the bill.

Andre is no longer an effective scorer.

His first three seasons his TS%'s were: .580, .598, .562

His most recent three seasons were: .530, .537, .520

Last season's scoring efficiency was a career low for Iggy, despite being more selective in his shots.

He is not someone I would want for his 30's at his expected price.

I agree we cant keep being a low ceiling 40 win team that has no chance in the playoffs. Worst position in the nba. teams use us as an example of what they dont want to be. We either have to get a star or tank.

I guarantee you that the Charlotte Bobcats would trade places with the Hawks in a heartbeat. There's nothing "great" about cheering on a bad team. Being where we are right now is nowhere near being the "worst position in the NBA".

The problem with teams like ours, is that we fall in "love" with certain players . . . instead of flipping them for better talent.

Our plan was to stick with our "core" through thick and thin.

We'll see what Ferry can do this summer, to bring in the right mix of talent in order to get us to that next level. In the meantime, it is what it is. We're a top 12 - 15 team that has no shot to beat one of the top 5 teams.

But don't fool yourself, it's better than being a bottom 20 team, with no shot to beat anybody, nor less make the playoffs.

Andre is no longer an effective scorer.

His first three seasons his TS%'s were: .580, .598, .562

His most recent three seasons were: .530, .537, .520

Last season's scoring efficiency was a career low for Iggy, despite being more selective in his shots.

He is not someone I would want for his 30's at his expected price.

I think Iggy still holds a lot of value because of his play on both ends of the floor. He is like a cross between Artest but a much better offensive player and Pierce but better defensively. 4 years with a TO. That is a big valuable expiring contract a short way down the road; not to mention, teams like the Lakers have been after him for years. I think he has good trade value and career way past 30.

With the way Cuban grabs and pays players would not surprise me one bit if he signs Iggy and a center then calls it a day. Which btw, is what I think we should do.

Edited by Buzzard