• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dolfan / Phoostal Miami draft discussion thread

Admin

Meant Marshall and not Mathews at CB for us

I'm pretty sure that if either of these CBs look good in camp that we'll see one of Marshall or Patterson get cut since they both have big cap #'s.

Speaking of Matthews I'm still very excited about his potential as a WR. He looked great when he got an opportunity last year!

Gosh I hate the gators and seminoles. Now we drafted 3 gators yuk. Hopefully they help us win. Then I can overlook them being on the team.

Haha I know man I feel the same way! But Ross will stop at nothing to have this team be Gator south, which is odd since he's a Michigan man. I guess he feels that since the Gators have been the best college football team in the state for most of the last 5-10 years that it will draw more fans.

We also have our 3rd Oregon Duck too as we signed one of their LBs as an UDFA. :)

• 2 years later...

Good lord this guy has been a bust. Are y'all done with him yet?

Good lord this guy has been a bust. Are y'all done with him yet?

I never in a million years thought a kid with that much talent would have so little going on upstairs. He just wanted to get paid and then be done with football. It's a damn shame as he's insanely talented but he's obviously got a lot of growing up to do. 

On the bright side we got Devante Parker yesterday and I'm thrilled with that. He's been my hope for our pick for months now. 

Parker is definitely a nice pickup, hopefully he gives y'all the legit number one you've been lacking after trying it with Wallace for the last couple of years. You've had a nice offseason with the exception being Jordan

Parker is definitely a nice pickup, hopefully he gives y'all the legit number one you've been lacking after trying it with Wallace for the last couple of years. You've had a nice offseason with the exception being Jordan

Our draft could be a major boom or bust type.

Parker should be the legit #1 we have needed forever and apparently we had inside info on him from his WR coach Lamar Thomas, former Hurricane stud and short time Dolphins WR. He said Parker compared extremely well with AJ Green and his 4.45 40 time is deceptive in that he plays faster on the field and compared that ability to that of Jerry Rice, who was a 4.6 guy if I recall. Now if Parker is even close to Green I will be thrilled! We have a potentially awesome WR core with Parker and Greg Jennings on the outside and last years 2nd best rookie WR Landry manning the slot. Then we picked up the best deep threat from last year in Kenny Stills to rotate in at WR with Jennings and Parker. Add Jordan Cameron to the mix and that's a talented receiving group. Health will be a huge factor but these guys have terrific chemistry already (sans Parker right now).

Then in the 5th round we took the best RB in college football last year, Jay Ajahi, from Boise State. He runs like Marshawn and has a major chip on his shoulder from not being taken earlier. Dude had 32 TDs last year and is 4 years separated from his knee surgery. He could have a short career or end up like Frank Gore and have an amazing career despite college knee problems. Add him to our 1100 yard HR hitting Lamar Miller and we've got a bit of thunder and lightning.

In the 2nd round we took Jordan Phillips from Oklahoma, a guy Todd McShay said is the most talented and athletically gifted DL prospect he's ever graded. The kid can do standing backflips in pads and he's 6'6 close to 340 lbs! He's got serious questions about his motor though, which is why he slipped. I think pairing him with a guy like Suh who won't let him take plays off will make him an absolute steal.

We also took a kid from Michigan State in the 5th round named Tony Lippett who was a terrific WR but also played some CB and they're saying he's got some Richard Marshall to his game, although he's not quite as quick or fast. He probably won't ever live up to that and may not even make the squad but I love taking a chance on a kid who could be a major steal in the 5th round.

Then to put the cherry on top we are the front runners to sign La'el Collins once he's cleared of charges. Dude would have been a top 15 pick and he more than plugs in the final hole on our OL at LG, with last years nasty 3rd round pick Billy Turner plugging in at RG.

Jay is a damn good back who was somebody I really wanted until we picked up Coleman. Jordan Phillips should do great with suh beside him but didn't y'all pick up another wideout late in the draft? I thought it was a pretty good prospect too.... Maybe I'm thinking about somebody else tho

Jay is a damn good back who was somebody I really wanted until we picked up Coleman. Jordan Phillips should do great with suh beside him but didn't y'all pick up another wideout late in the draft? I thought it was a pretty good prospect too.... Maybe I'm thinking about somebody else tho

The other WR we picked up in the 5th put up big numbers at Michigan State but he also played CB some as well. He's like 6'2 and basically the same size / speed / strength as Richard Sherman and they're hoping they can convert him to CB but we'll see. Worst case the guy should be a pretty good quality depth WR. 

I should have kept my mouth shut about Collins. I can't believe that kid chose to go to Dallas where he's going to struggle to crack their OL. Maybe he just wants to sit on his ass for 3 years since he won't be paid much but won't risk getting injured. Major disappointment considering he could plug in day 1 on Miami's line and basically be our final piece on offense. 

It will be interesting to see how Coleman turns out. Y'all needed a good talent at RB for depth but hopefully they don't try and start him over Freeman. That kid needs to have the shackles removed! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just heard Tannehill got extended.

I've heard that Tannehill gets "extended" quite a bit in practice these days watching his new star rookie WR... 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/21/ryan-tannehill-im-really-excited-to-have-devante-parker/

"He’s a natural pass catcher, he doesn’t fight the ball and it’s easy for him to make the tough catch. A guy with that range, his body size and natural pass catching ability, I’m really excited to have him and like what I’ve seen thus far.”

Tannehill also talked about his growing...

• 2 weeks later...