• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Building a team and staying under the luxury. Can it really be done?

Buzzard

If Ferry is strapped by our owners and payroll could he build this team by signing two free agents and using our picks? The two free agents are obvious as I think they could be had by overpaying but not necessarily sending us into luxury land.

SG Andre Iguodola and Center Nikola Pekovic. Then resign Josh, use our picks, get a coach, and play big all year long. That is a long list no doubt but playing big works for us, I just don't think we have the offensive minded center for the job. I love Iggy for his play on both ends. Pairing him with Josh and Horford would make us a great defensive team.

Anyway, if we strike out on D12 and CP3, I like the above as a plan B.

If it's about, me, me, me - Nope, can't be done. If those great and near

great players INSIST on those mega $$$ payroll checks - - No has to

be the answer.

On the other hand, if it's team, team, team - It's possible. We have seen

players come together, take less money and win more games.

+++++++++++++++++

If Ferry is strapped by our owners and payroll could he build this team by signing two free agents and using our picks? The two free agents are obvious as I think they could be had by overpaying but not necessarily sending us into luxury land.

SG Andre Iguodola and Center Nikola Pekovic. Then resign Josh, use our picks, get a coach, and play big all year long. That is a long list no doubt but playing big works for us, I just don't think we have the offensive minded center for the job. I love Iggy for his play on both ends. Pairing him with Josh and Horford would make us a great defensive team.

Our best 3 point shooter would be Horford.

Probably the most probable senarioPekovic / Adams / Vet minHorford / Ivan / ScottIggy / SaricKorver / JJJT / Lou Will / 2ndI let Smith go, of course, draft D. Saric and Adams. Looks to lack offense. Horf would need to step up and Pek can score. It would be a nice step up from our present roster and our cap situation would be under control. If Iggy doesn't work, bring in Cory Brewer .

We're not getting Chris Paul or Dwight Howard, I wish people here would understand that.

Also, Minnesota will almost assuredly match any offer Pekovic gets unless it's some ungodly amount, which at that point we shouldn't want to pay him.

I'd welcome Igoudala with opens arms as long as it's on the right contract.

• Like 1

This isn't a bad situation. It's all speculative, but that's what we do. People wont like Smoove coming back, but if we got those players....that would be interesting.

This isn't a bad situation. It's all speculative, but that's what we do. People wont like Smoove coming back, but if we got those players....that would be interesting.

Everyone on this board knows I do not think Smoove is a franchise player. But I do know he is good to great most nights. I don't think its possible to match Miami star for star; but I do think Horford can match Bosh and Iggy can come close to matching Wade. Then it will be up to team to beat Bron and company.

Teague, Smoove, Big Scoring Center, Lou would match up well IMO with the rest of the Heat. And I am not delusional in thinking we stop Bron. We just try and match up well enough to neutralize what he and the rest of the Heat bring.

• Like 1