• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Frank Vogel: We're (Pacers) the better team

GameTime

"The key now, and for the rest of the series, will be the George-Josh Smith match-up. George is not used to guarding physical power forwards who live in the post."

Since I'm from Indy and read the Indy Star from time to time (they gave me my first job, delivering newspapers, among other things) I like Kravitz. He often says what others are afraid to. On this one, however, he's missed the mark. Josh doens't live in the post...

• Moderators

"The key now, and for the rest of the series, will be the George-Josh Smith match-up. George is not used to guarding physical power forwards who live in the post."

Since I'm from Indy and read the Indy Star from time to time (they gave me my first job, delivering newspapers, among other things) I like Kravitz. He often says what others are afraid to. On this one, however, he's missed the mark. Josh doens't live in the post...

Does it next say, "so George will have a good shot at dealing with the jump shooting Smith."?

Josh does live in the post, but he also dies by the jumpshot. Unfortunately he's a suicidal maniac.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

"The key now, and for the rest of the series, will be the George-Josh Smith match-up. George is not used to guarding physical power forwards who live in the post." Since I'm from Indy and read the Indy Star from time to time (they gave me my first job, delivering newspapers, among other things) I like Kravitz. He often says what others are afraid to. On this one, however, he's missed the mark. Josh doens't live in the post...

He's right about the George-Smith matchup. Josh's defense on him was the key to game three. In addition, Paul George cannot guard Smoove in the post. If LD sticks with it, that matchup may get us back in this series and a really strong chance to win it. Edited by Jody23

"The key now, and for the rest of the series, will be the George-Josh Smith match-up. George is not used to guarding physical power forwards who live in the post." Since I'm from Indy and read the Indy Star from time to time (they gave me my first job, delivering newspapers, among other things) I like Kravitz. He often says what others are afraid to. On this one, however, he's missed the mark. Josh doens't live in the post...

Josh may not live in the post but he set up camp there last game and George could not handle him. Hope LD and Josh have the same mindset tonight.

Somebody needs to tell that writer that the Hawks have also won 3 or 4 games IN INDY during this home streak.

I think the Pacers have only won the season series vs the Hawks ONE TIME in the past 7 years.

We traditionally OWN the Pacers.

Joe F'n Johnson son! No Joe no Hawks winning the season series. But we'll go ahead and let them have the regular season record while we go and get the playoff series!

• Moderators

I can't be mad at Vogel, a coach at that, for believing his team is good enough to win 4 out of a random 7 basketball games, with 4 of them in Indy. It's up to the Hawks to make him suggest otherwise by the end of the weekend. Jameer Nelson is not impressed.

~lw3

• Premium Member

Am I the only person that doesn't think Vogel is wrong? They do have a better team. This roster was built for the express purpose of having cap room and not in its ability to stay together as a core. It would be an upset if we managed to beat them.

• Moderators

Am I the only person that doesn't think Vogel is wrong? They do have a better team. This roster was built for the express purpose of having cap room and not in its ability to stay together as a core. It would be an upset if we managed to beat them.

Vogel's not wrong in my book either. The only clarification I'd make is the Pacers were built to be the better team, as far as competing for the championship goes. Doesn't mean what they built will work, but we'll see.

Go Hawks!

Whatever happened to our nice Pacers friend? He has been silent, although it wasn't like he was talking trash to us before. Although it is not like we are going to talk trash back.

• Moderators

Whatever happened to our nice Pacers friend? He has been silent, although it wasn't like he was talking trash to us before. Although it is not like we are going to talk trash back.

That guy was cool. Hope he comes back either way by the end of the series.

~lw3