• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Pacers GAME 4

lethalweapon3

Great win, but - - - much too close. Why?

Because, Hawks kept going to the free throw line and coming away

with no points or only one point.

Pacers had a strong comeback with Horford and Korver on the bench.

Things sure changed when those two came back!

Josh had one of those, oh no.-- He did it!! -- games. We got the good Josh

in this one.

(and, the Braves won, too!)

Now, we gotta have one on the road!!

GO HAWKS!!

What's this talk about Devin coming off the bench at the lil Ivan dust-up at the end of game. Some Indy dude talking about it and wondering if NBA suspends DH for leaving bench.

Anyone know what that's about?

What's this talk about Devin coming off the bench at the lil Ivan dust-up at the end of game. Some Indy dude talking about it and wondering if NBA suspends DH for leaving bench.

Anyone know what that's about?

Nope I have no idea but wasn't the game over at that point? If it was then it wouldn't matter. I can't remember if there was any time left or not when that happened. I sure hope the NBA won't suspend DH.

How about the usual small starting lineup finishing the game, with Harris on George no less. Drew pushed all the right buttons in Phillips, he has to keep it going up there.Anybody else notice how when Josh recieves a great dime, he never points out the passer to acknowledge him like 90% of NBA players?

Edited by benhillboy

• Premium Member

I was wrong about this team. They are showing heart and grit. They've won two more games than I thought they would. Keep making me look foolish Hawks! Go grab the next game in Indiana.

Same here. I thought best case scenario was Indy 4-1.

Didn't count on Josh having such huge games. Way to go Hawks!

• Moderators

I went to the game and it was awesome. I can't remember the last Atlanta playoff win i've been to in any sport and i'm pretty old. Maybe a mid 90s braves.

Anyway, for some reason when Ivan was subbed for toward the end of the game he decided to do a slow walk across the Indy bench's feet and glare at Hasbro. When I say slow I mean it was slooooooow. Horford went and pushed him toward the bench. Why he didn't get a T I have no idea. Maybe that was when Harris was off the bench? But i think Harris was coming in the game for him.

Was their mention of this on TV. I'll be honest i've never seen a player leave the floor this way and I think the only reason he didn't get a technical was the refs couldn't figure out what was going on. I love Ivan but it could have cost us the game and we can't afford to lose another big if there was a supension.

Not seeing anything written about it today so that's good.

• Like 1

I went to the game and it was awesome. I can't remember the last Atlanta playoff win i've been to in any sport and i'm pretty old. Maybe a mid 90s braves. Anyway, for some reason when Ivan was subbed for toward the end of the game he decided to do a slow walk across the Indy bench's feet and glare at Hasbro. When I say slow I mean it was slooooooow. Horford went and pushed him toward the bench. Why he didn't get a T I have no idea. Maybe that was when Harris was off the bench? But i think Harris was coming in the game for him. Was their mention of this on TV. I'll be honest i've never seen a player leave the floor this way and I think the only reason he didn't get a technical was the refs couldn't figure out what was going on. I love Ivan but it could have cost us the game and we can't afford to lose another big if there was a supension. Not seeing anything written about it today so that's good.

Ahh I was wondering what that was between Ivan and Horford. I thought there was an issue between the 2 of them as I don't recall seeing Ivan do that slow walk but I do recall seeing Horf walking back to his position and seeing Ivan walking towards the bench looking upset.My guess is that Ivan was pissed at Hans for that foul he got AFTER the whistle was blown when West yanked him down by his elbow, which should have been a flagrant 1, and Hans fouled Ivan pretty good when going for the rebound. Ivan gave him a look there like he was gonna eat his children. Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

• Moderators

Ahh I was wondering what that was between Ivan and Horford. I thought there was an issue between the 2 of them as I don't recall seeing Ivan do that slow walk but I do recall seeing Horf walking back to his position and seeing Ivan walking towards the bench looking upset.My guess is that Ivan was pissed at Hans for that foul he got AFTER the whistle was blown when West yanked him down by his elbow, which should have been a flagrant 1, and Hans fouled Ivan pretty good when going for the rebound. Ivan gave him a look there like he was gonna eat his children.Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

So Ivan just looked at him normally? LOL.

Thanks for the info. Hansbrough is just playing football out there. Its really crazy. I think Ivan is actually in his head though rather than the other way around. After this incident Hansbrough spent every timeout staring down at the Hawks bench. I thought there were several flagrants to go around. Devin got thrown toward the table.

Why Joey Crawford is still in the league I don't know. I thought it would kill us but he actually seemed to make bad calls against both teams.

If I'm a Pacers fan i'm a little worried. Shut down PG and no one else is stepping up. Hope we can keep up the concentration in Indy. Smoove had a monster game but if he was still Smoove. Of course, if he could hit free throws they might not foul him so much.

• Like 1