• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Teddy KGB says...

DocWilkins

Posted Image

Should we or shouldn't we?? Smoove drives me nuts but damn what a game!! Thoughts?

There is no simple answer here. Josh is not a max player but if some team wants to make a big splash and they lose out on D12, CP3, or even Iggy, a max or near max could be in his future.

Edited by Buzzard

Well I think this game 5 is pivotal for Josh being offered a max deal...If there was ever a pivotal game in which he better bring it...It is tomorrow night...This is what has always been so polarizing about him...Great first half...Awful third quarter and then a good solid fourth with a huge three mixed in...What to do? What to do?

If Smoove is able to get us past the pacers then I say yes. Otherwise no.

Just to get us to where we have gotten in the past? How bout if he gets us to the Eastern Conference Finals then I say yes.

• Like 1

wtf.... quit living in the moment he still needs to be gone and he still the same player he has always been for the last decade. He had a great first half but tried to throw the game in the 2nd half.

He is a player that will win games for you and win games for the other team which is why he needs to go.

if you think he will get a max from anyone you are insane.

Edited by yungsta
  • Like 3

wtf.... quit living in the moment he still needs to be gone and he still the same player he has always been for the last decade. He had a great first half but tried to throw the game in the 2nd half.

He is a player that will win games for you and win games for the other team which is why he needs to go.

if you think he will get a max from anyone you are insane.

Well...I think we know how yungsta feels...

Well...I think we know how yungsta feels...

It is unbelievable that a team can offer him 74 million for four years but they can. I think Houston is the less likely team to get stupid with their payroll but the following have been known to do just that:

Dallas, Charlotte, Washington, Phoenix, Cleveland.

Edited by Buzzard

• Moderators

He isn't a max guy, plain and simple. He is worth what he is making now, maybe 5 yr/$67.5 mil (13.5/yr), 5th yr PO. If we pay Josh the max, then we have put ourselves back into the same hole that we dug with Joe. Smoove had a great game, but there are plenty of games from this past season that shows what happens when Smoove self-destructs. Also, we would have been swept in this series without Horf, KK, Teague, and Harris. He is a quality player, but if we are looking to contend, we can't be overpaying guys - especially one's that can't shoot. He's a piece to the puzzle. Also, money doesn't buy happiness and Smoove has been disgruntled the past few seasons...I do believe Josh is a team guy and would take a discount if he saw roster improvements by Danny.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

He isn't a max guy, plain and simple. He is worth what he is making now, maybe 5 yr/$67.5 mil (13.5/yr), 5th yr PO. If we pay Josh the max, then we have put ourselves back into the same hole that we dug with Joe. Smoove had a great game, but there are plenty of games from this past season that shows what happens when Smoove self-destructs. Also, we would have been swept in this series without Horf, KK, Teague, and Harris. He is a quality player, but if we are looking to contend, we can't be overpaying guys - especially one's that can't shoot. He's a piece to the puzzle. Also, money doesn't buy happiness and Smoove has been disgruntled the past few seasons...I do believe Josh is a team guy and would take a discount if he saw roster improvements by Danny.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here I believe he takes a pay cut even if he sees the the hawks bringing in some type of combination of tyreke Evans, oj mayo, Jj hickson, iggy, players like that who could improve the roster

Maybe if we got D12, he would take something of a discount. But he turned down 3 years and 45 million to test the market. A team guy IMO takes the extension just as Dirk and Duncan have for all these years.

Smoove will be in his early 30's when this contract is up. I think he wants the biggest pay day he can get his hands on. I do not blame him for that. I always blame the GM's that pay way to much for a asset that will be tough to move.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

Josh is not a max player, but like others said, he is definitely a piece to the puzzle for a title contending team. His poor decision making on offense at times is what hurts, but a lot of us don't realize how important his defense is. His ability to be a better than average passer pays off (as you saw last night), and his outstanding defense is amazing. I love his court vision, passing abilities, and defense, and his offense when he's playing in the paint. I want Josh back for the right price, but we also need someone who is a straight up scorer that can score in all areas of the floor. If we can get a legit efficient scorer and a center who demands attention, then we definitely do need Josh back, and he will be the perfect fit for a title contending team.

Edited by AHawks89

Josh is not a max player, but like others said, he is definitely a piece to the puzzle for a title contending team. His poor decision making on offense at times is what hurts, but a lot of us don't realize how important his defense is. His ability to be a better than average passer pays off (as you saw last night), and his outstanding defense is amazing. I love his court vision, passing abilities, and defense, and his offense when he's playing in the paint. I want Josh back for the right price, but we also need someone who is a straight up scorer that can score in all areas of the floor. If we can get a legit efficient scorer and a center who demands attention, then we definitely do need Josh back, and he will be the perfect fit for a title contending team.

I think most here know how great he is on D. But you don't pay Artest even in his prime a max. If that is what we have to pay to keep him, he is gone. End of story.

Edited by Buzzard

• Moderators

I think this is a price point question assuming Ferry is interested. As others have said, you don't bring him back as a max contract.

He is a difficult guy to evaluate on offense. When he is playing intelligently on offense, the team functions well and is very effective. When he is hanging around the perimeter shooting long jumpers, it is like playing 4 on 5. Just really an extreme division between those scenarios and the latter one is all too common for comfort for a high $$ contract.

• Like 1

I think this is a price point question assuming Ferry is interested. As others have said, you don't bring him back as a max contract.

He is a difficult guy to evaluate on offense. When he is playing intelligently on offense, the team functions well and is very effective. When he is hanging around the perimeter shooting long jumpers, it is like playing 4 on 5. Just really an extreme division between those scenarios and the latter one is all too common for comfort for a high $$ contract.

He is truly Jekyll and Hyde on offense and maybe not quite Artest on D, he is a damn good substitute.

One series does not erase 9 years of what Josh does good or bad. He had a great game last night. He's had great playoff games in the past too. And those games did not determine how good or bad Josh can be.

If he turns around in Game 5, and scores 12 points on 5 - 16 FG, by going 1 - 6 on 3FG, people will be back trashing the dude.

In Game 4 vs the Bulls 2 years ago, Smith went for 23 points - 16 rebounds - 8 assists.

We all know that Josh has the capability of playing like an All-Star, with even having a superstar type game every blue moon. But MAX players are supposed to be guys who can carry your team as the offensive focal point on a nightly basis.

Josh isn't a MAX player. He's an above average player that fluctuates from great to horrible, depending on his shot selection and his effort. He has a good matchup this series as the "post up SF" vs George. Hopefully, he will continue to excel vs George as the series goes on.

Unfortunately these once every now and then spectacular games from Josh lacks consistency.We should be saying: "Josh had an off night tonight but he will bounce back" instead it's "why can't he play this way all the time or at least more often than not." It's just tiring.