• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

I dont mind Josh staying or even receiving MAX money as long the hawks............

JTB

FIND A OFFENSIVE STUD THAT DEMANDS THE BALL NEARLY EVERY POSSESSION.

.........................That way a ton of dumb shots from Smith wont hurt us so bad. In fact Smith would be a beast and probably loved.

And I mean any type of offensive stud...great passer, great scorer, whatever....I would like to keep smith if we have a player that will force the ball out of his hands on the offensive end on most possessions.

If the hawks cant find a offensive stud that is a great passing playmaker or just a flat out scoring beast theres no reason to retain a guy like smith regardless of how these playoffs turn out....sorry.

.........................That way a ton of dumb shots from Smith wont hurt us so bad. In fact Smith would be a beast and probably loved.

And I mean any type of offensive stud...great passer, great scorer, whatever....I would like to keep smith if we have a player that will force the ball out of his hands on the offensive end on most possessions.

If the hawks cant find a offensive stud that is a great passing playmaker or just a flat out scoring beast theres no reason to retain a guy like smith regardless of how these playoffs turn out....sorry.

No max money please.

• Like 1

Where will you find this offensive stud that can do all you say? Who in FA is that dude? A Rookie, please. You can't pay Josh max money and expect him to not be 'The Man' on this Hawks team. Josh will not take a backseat to anyone if he is paid the MAx unless is someone like LBJ, Durant etc and they ain walking thru that door.

Lets get a guy like Joe Johnson. lol

Too bad JJ didn't demand the ball ENOUGH, and willingly deferred to less talented players . . . sometimes in critical times. There were times in which he should've been looking to shoot the ball, or put the game on his shoulders, but he didn't do it. Very rarely did JJ take 25+ shots in a game, like most MAX players routinely do to carry their teams.

Guys like Melo and Kobe have no problem jacking up 30 shots if need be, if it meant their team winning a game. That's not JJ's mentality.

I think Smith HAS MAX player mentality, just not the offensive game to warrant him being the lead guy offensively.

And that's why we can't pay him the MAX. If he's getting paid the most, he's not going to defer to anyone.

And I still say that the departure of Smith, may take a guy like Horford to another level, by giving him increased responsibility offensively. I relate it to how Golden St parted with Monta Ellis, so that they could see the full potential of Stephen Curry . . . and get the right type of guard to play alongside him.

That's what I see in Horford. Get the right type of center to play alongside him, while increasing Horford's role in the offense, and we might see Horford blossom into the best PF in the East.

• Premium Member

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image