• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

After watching the Clippers' game....

Brotha2ThaNite

yea i want the CLIPS and NUGGETS to lose CP3 and Iggy may look around.

CP3 Iggy and D12 here with Al is a great start then i think it will be easy to fill out

the rest of the roster.

I hear player love to live here jus not play but with a team that has those guys we'll be turning away FAs

• Like 1

• Moderators

I'm not going to think much about D12 at the moment, but if the Clipper championship campaign concludes prematurely, I do suspect CP3 will be shopping elsewhere. If there's one owner in the league who I'd go, "You know what? A$G? You're the lesser of two evils," it's Donald Sterling. It's too early in the morning to make my stomach churn with that guy. CP3 can easily say, "Hey, Donald, I got you your division title, enjoy it!" and ship sail.

~lw3

• Like 1

• Moderators

yea i want the CLIPS and NUGGETS to lose CP3 and Iggy may look around.

CP3 Iggy and D12 here with Al is a great start then i think it will be easy to fill out

the rest of the roster.

I hear player love to live here jus not play but with a team that has those guys we'll be turning away FAs

We don't have the room to sign CP3, Iggy and D12 even with dumping Smoove, Ivan, Korver and the rest of our FAs.

• Moderators

My only thing that I hate about signing both is what will we fill the bench with. Although I'd love to have Dwight/Iggy/Paul w/Smith and Horf (about a $70 mil starting unit), I just wonder where the money is. Sure, Miami did it, but they are weak at center and PG with really no way to fix it except with vet mins and draft picks. I'd rather stay with Teague, resign Smith and Harris, and then sign Dwight. Then use the money that we would have spent on Paul to build a bench which we already have rights on Korver and Pachulia. I don't believe Teague will ever be on Paul's level, but I believe Teague's better years are still ahead of him. I also believe a deep team fronted by Dwight/Horf/Smith is better than Miami.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Premium Member

Seeing how CP3 was the only person playing last night made me think.After the season is over I think we could becoming full circle on the "DH12 and CP3 talk" joining the Hawks. Thoughts?

You know I would love it, but it would depend on how CP3 sees the Clippers long term and if he is willing to turn down max money. So, I have my doubts.

We don't have the room to sign CP3, Iggy and D12 even with dumping Smoove, Ivan, Korver and the rest of our FAs.

Yep, we can sign two of the three and thats it.

My only thing that I hate about signing both is what will we fill the bench with. Although I'd love to have Dwight/Iggy/Paul w/Smith and Horf (about a $70 mil starting unit), I just wonder where the money is. Sure, Miami did it, but they are weak at center and PG with really no way to fix it except with vet mins and draft picks. I'd rather stay with Teague, resign Smith and Harris, and then sign Dwight. Then use the money that we would have spent on Paul to build a bench which we already have rights on Korver and Pachulia. I don't believe Teague will ever be on Paul's level, but I believe Teague's better years are still ahead of him. I also believe a deep team fronted by Dwight/Horf/Smith is better than Miami.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miami has also been to 2 NBA Finals, won 1, and is the heavy favorite to win another this year.

Bench, smench.

Superstars win championships.

PG - Paul

G - ( defensive/spot up shooter ) . . Kentavious Caldwell-Pope ( 1st round pick )

F - ( defensive/spot up shooter ) . . Tim Hardaway Jr ( 1st round pick )

PF - Horford

C - Howard

6th - Lou

7th - Ivan

8th - Jenkins

9th - Scott

10th - ( defensive/rebounding center ) . . Samuel Dalembert

If that's our team in the very improbable senario that we land both Paul and Dwight, I could definitely live with that. Maybe pick up a vet PG and a defensive SF to round out the team, in case the rookies and young guys aren't ready to expand their roles.

And we can't sign CP3 and Dwight together, without letting go of EVERYBODY. That includes Smith, Teague, Korver, Zaza . . . everybody who does not have a contract for next season.

Guys like Ivan and Scott can be re-signed on the cheap. But once we add CP3 and Howard, we'll be limited to the MLE, LLE, and vet and rookie level contracts to round out the roster.

Miami has also been to 2 NBA Finals, won 1, and is the heavy favorite to win another this year.

Bench, smench.

Superstars win championships.

PG - Paul

G - ( defensive/spot up shooter ) . . Kentavious Caldwell-Pope ( 1st round pick )

F - ( defensive/spot up shooter ) . . Tim Hardaway Jr ( 1st round pick )

PF - Horford

C - Howard

6th - Lou

7th - Ivan

8th - Jenkins

9th - Scott

If that's our team in the very improbable senario that we land both Paul and Dwight, I could definitely live with that. Maybe pick up a vet PG and a defensive SF to round out the team, in case the rookies and young guys aren't ready to expand their roles.

Or something like . . .

PG - Paul

G - Tony Allen ( MLE contract ) . . overpay to get him. More important than adding Korver

F - Matt Barnes ( LLE contract ) . . vet guy who can still defend and shoot on occasion

PF - Horford

C - Howard

6th - Lou

7th - Ivan

8th - Scott

9th - Jenkins

11th - ( defensive/spot up shooter ) . . Tim Hardaway Jr ( 1st round pick )

12th - ( defensive/spot up shooter ) . . Kentavious Caldwell-Pope ( 1st round pick )

That's a squad I can DEFINITELY roll with.

I don't know that I want these players

BUT

If they want to play together, form a super team, and are willing to

play for less money in order to form that championship team, then

Atlanta could do it and stay out of the luxury tax.

So, it will depend on what these guys want, money or a championship.

The set up here is ideal for that as we have only 2 under contract

for next season.

Our chances are slim and none.

it all depends if winning is their top priority and want to form super team but the new age athletes these days have higher priority of marketing their brand and having the glitz and glamor of being in a big market.

Not every athlete is like LBJ,Wade, and Bosh who are willing to sacrifice big to win.

I don't know that I want these players

BUT

If they want to play together, form a super team, and are willing to

play for less money in order to form that championship team, then

Atlanta could do it and stay out of the luxury tax.

So, it will depend on what these guys want, money or a championship.

The set up here is ideal for that as we have only 2 under contract

for next season.

Our chances are slim and none.

Gray . . . if Atlanta has a chance to get CP3 and Howard, I don't want to hear ANYTHING coming from the Hawks organization talking about the Luxury Tax. Teams that are serious about winning, routinely go into the Luxury Tax, to assemble the best team possible.

Honestly, you don't even ask CP3 and Howard to take less to come to Atlanta . . a franchise that NEVER gets anybody of significance via free agency. You sell off the entire team and break the bank, if you can lock up Paul and Howard for the next 4 years. You don't even play around like that.

Having said all of this, we probably have a better chance of seeing Al Horford going off for 43 points tonight, than the Hawks landing Paul and Howard.

It's possible for us to win more playoff games than CP3 and Dwight combined this season with a suoposedly transitional squad while they're playing for media-crowned contenders since Training Camp. We've beaten Peak Dwight in a series and Paul hasn't been any further than us. We need better players than the wildly overrated ones they are if we're really serious. We already have comparable players at a fraction of what they'll cost with cleaner injury histories to boot in Al and Jeff.I think the past two playoff series show a lot of vulnerability in Paul. He'll try to play hero ball and fail because teams look to choke off his passing lanes and his pet areas where he likes to screen. San An and Memohis have made him look inconsequential at times.

Edited by benhillboy

It sucks that I hate Chris Paul (flailing, flopping crybaby) and Dwight Howard (primadonna, team-chemistry-ruining, crybaby). I would almost rather keep our team here and lose than win with those two running the team. I can never root for Dwight.

• Like 1

It's possible for us to win more playoff games than CP3 and Dwight combined this season with a suoposedly transitional squad while they're playing for media-crowned contenders since Training Camp. We've beaten Peak Dwight in a series and Paul hasn't been any further than us. We need better players than the wildly overrated ones they are if we're really serious. We already have comparable players at a fraction of what they'll cost with cleaner injury histories to boot in Al and Jeff.I think the past two playoff series show a lot of vulnerability in Paul. He'll try to play hero ball and fail because teams look to choke off his passing lanes and his pet areas where he likes to screen. San An and Memohis have made him look inconsequential at times.

Remember when LeBron James was a choke artist and a failure and Bosh was a loser. Yeah winning makes people change what they think of you. Horford fits Paul more than Blake Griffin. Horford at worse is a rich man's David West. Dwight Howard makes this a no brainer.

Edited by GameTime