Official Game Thread: Hawks - Pacers GAME 5

lethalweapon3

Story of the game is poor shooting by Teague and Horford. Its killed us. Hope they can turn it around.

Story of the game is we aren't playing defense and the Pacers are getting a lot of those tough shots and rim rollers to go in. Our offense is not too bad, although not great. But our defense is very poor. With the Pacers shooting so well we're not getting out in transition off of rebounds and we aren't getting any 3pt attempts.

Horford is finally waking up but its probably too lateSent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Come on you guys with all this negativity. The game is still well within reach of winning with plenty of time left. Let's try getting behind the team!

Story of the game is we aren't playing defense and the Pacers are getting a lot of those tough shots and rim rollers to go in. Our offense is not too bad, although not great. But our defense is very poor. With the Pacers shooting so well we're not getting out in transition off of rebounds and we aren't getting any 3pt attempts.

Defense has been poor often unfortunately. Teague and Horrors don't shoot this poorly as often. Josh's foul trouble is the bigger story than D as the D is poorer whenhe is out. Look no further than the tear the Pacers went on after Josh went out with 3 fouls. Check the game transcripts.

Nothing surprising. It's only natural for playoff teams with the 3rd and 5th lowest payrolls in the league to blow each other out on home floors. Run em out of Phillips and wish on a lucky star in Game 7. Let's Go.

Hawks hit on 33% of their shots & 3/14 from the three.

Defense died, as they went over 100 against us.

Terrible, blowout loss.

If we can't shoot or play defense, we're doomed. Tonight, a perfect example.

Oh well. We've got a chance to win one more game.

• Like 1

Hawks hit on 33% of their shots & 3/14 from the three.

Defense died, as they went over 100 against us.

Terrible, blowout loss.

If we can't shoot or play defense, we're doomed. Tonight, a perfect example.

Oh well. We've got a chance to win one more game.

Agreed G-M...33% is UnSat. Normally I would complain that we didn't go to AL enough - but AL was having a bad night - then Smoove was in foul trouble - double whammy.

We played well through 3/4ths of the first half - were only down 7 at halftime - then basically fell apart. Alas.

But...to be fair...we technically have a chance to win two more games. Heck, it could happen. Take care of business at home Friday night - then the pressure reverts to them a bit. If it's 3-3 at Indy and we lose - oh well - that's not a terrible outcome for a Hawks team that has had to deal with injuries, playing against a higher rated team anyways.

If we keep it close in game seven and some shots fall for us late - who knows?

P.S. - I would half expect us to give in some at home Friday night and lose in six...but I think the Indy dirty tactics may just have p!ssed our guys off enough to want to beat the Pacers out of spite. Posted Image

Edited by DJlaysitup

And we are shooting like 30 something %. Lol. That's pretty bad. Not sure what game you are watching.

What game was I watching? How about the one where the Pacers, one of the worst offensive teams in basketball, put up 106 points on us and that's with them taking it easy late in the game. Going into the 4th quarter we had 67 points and that's about where most teams are at going into the 4th quarter in the playoffs. The problem is that the Pacers already had 81 points so yeah I'd say defense was a much bigger problem than the offense that was slightly below average in points (at that point). Our 16 point 4th quarter made it look worse than it was offensively and the lack of stops on defense and defensive rebounding kept us from getting out in transition (10 fast break points) for easy layups / dunks and open 3pt attempts (13 total attempts in the game).