• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Former Hawk JJ fails to advance . .

Gray Mule

Well, JJ had another of those unforgettable games, as he did when

he was here and his team didn't make the second round.

Horford's college buddy, Noah and JT's younger brother go on

to meet the unenviable task of facing the King and his court Monday.

The suprise was, this game seven wasn't even close. JJ missed shot

after shot all night.

after shot all night.

Hey Brooklyn, thank you again! Having buyer's remorse yet?

• Like 1

after shot all night.

At least one Florida Gator showed up in an elimination game.

I don't understand, I am pretty sure that Northcyde said that JJ was the man and all he needed was to be surrounded by a true #1 and a very good supporting cast? And I'm pretty sure he's got that in Brooklyn with a true 7' center, a legit star PG, a very good defensive SF who plays hard and one of the better defending / rebounding PFs in the league. So how does that team, with the superstar JJ, not advance past the 1st round against a Bulls team missing easily their best player?

Bottom line - 6 points on 2 of 14 shooting is a maybe the most disappointing performance ever provided by someone making $20 million per year.

Brooklyn fans tonight living our former nightmare. You know he's gonna finally (if he hasn't already) get ripped by the fans and media up there.

I don't understand, I am pretty sure that Northcyde said that JJ was the man and all he needed was to be surrounded by a true #1 and a very good supporting cast? And I'm pretty sure he's got that in Brooklyn with a true 7' center, a legit star PG, a very good defensive SF who plays hard and one of the better defending / rebounding PFs in the league. So how does that team, with the superstar JJ, not advance past the 1st round against a Bulls team missing easily their best player? Bottom line - 6 points on 2 of 14 shooting is a maybe the most disappointing performance ever provided by someone making $20 million per year.

His costars also have to step up and score 20 to take pressure off of him......wait.As disappointing as our first round series was at least we can lay to rest any notion that Joe would of taken us any further.
  • Like 1

when joe johnson jumpshot isnt dropping he is virtually useless. He doesnt impact the game in other ways. He doesnt attack the rim and get to the line. You dont see him hustling on defense and diving for lose balls and creating extra possessions for the team.

He plays too cool and with zero passion.

Gerald wallace is much less skilled then joe but had a MUCH bigger impact on the game cause he plays with so much passion.

Its crazy To think this guy use to be our best player and suppose to be our leading our team. That is why we were such a flop in the playoffs.

Brooklyn fans tonight living our former nightmare. You know he's gonna finally (if he hasn't already) get ripped by the fans and media up there.

If you check any Nets Blogs throughout the year, they didn't really even care about him much, but I'm sure it'll change tonight. They were more concerned about canning coaches, killing Deron, and wondering when Marshonn would see the floor because their guard rotation stinks it up so often. Many pundits cite the Nets' lack of passion. It permeates the entire locker room with that guy in the fold. Edited by benhillboy

If you check any Nets Blogs throughout the year, they didn't really even care about him much, but I'm sure it'll change tonight. They were more concerned about canning coaches, killing Deron, and wondering when Marshonn would see the floor because their guard rotation stinks it up so often. Many pundits cite the Nets' lack of passion. It permeates the entire locker room with that guy in the fold.

One of my biggest issues with Joe was his flat-line attitude on the court. He could have won over more fans despite his deteriorating game had he at least been a vocal leader with some charisma.

HAHAHHAHA the New york media is already ripping joe and the game just ended about half an hour ago. Thats new york media for ya.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/nets/wait-year-nets-lose-game-7-bulls-article-1.1335358

Joe Johnson chokes as Nets season ends in Game 7 loss to Chicago Bulls Johnson was the goat of Game 7, picking a bad night to consistently choke - scoring just six points on 2-of-14 shooting. Brook Lopez (21 points, nine rebounds) was outplayed by Joakim Noah, who finished with 24 points and 14 boards.

I am so immature for this but I am thoroughly enjoying what I knew was likely to happen with Joe in Brooklyn. I know we're gonna still hear some apologetics from those who praised him and even praised Brooklyn for putting together that team by spending while we sold. Please come out from hiding guys and humor me.

• Like 1

Now everyone here can rest easy.

JJ had a horrible game, although he was definitely hurting. Still no excuse for the type of game he had. He relied way too much on the 3 ball, shooting 9 threes on 14 total shots . . and only made 1 of them.

He's the new John Starks in NYC. We'll see how much venom the NYC media goes after him with, or will they give him a little leeway because he was hurt.

My guess is that Brooklyn will start to turn their back on JJ, until he proves he can be a more consistent player.

Ironically though, it was defense and rebounding that ultimately lost the game for the Nets. JJ's shooting definitely didn't help the cause either.

• Premium Member

Joe developed plantar fasciitis late in the season and he was clearly moving on one leg because of it. I don't see how anyone can blame him when he was a trooper for just showing up to play. They said he was taking huge pain killer shots before each playoff game just to play.

I'm glad his contract is off our books, I've always said that but this dogpiling on a former Hawk that gave us all he had for several All Star seasons is more than a bit petty.

I am so immature for this but I am thoroughly enjoying what I knew was likely to happen with Joe in Brooklyn. I know we're gonna still hear some apologetics from those who praised him and even praised Brooklyn for putting together that team by spending while we sold. Please come out from hiding guys and humor me.

The alternative for Brooklyn was to move to that city with Damian Lilliard and a bunch of scrubs as their best players . . and not make the playoffs.

Any team in Brooklyn's situation who had a chance to significantly improve by spending, would've done the same thing they did. Charlotte, Sacramento, Detroit, New Orleans, and Cleveland would've all done the same thing . . . if it meant going from the bottom of the barrel, to the middle of the pack.

Brooklyn had the biggest improvement out of anybody in the league this year. They simply aren't mentally tough enough ( despite having the talent ), to overcome a more mentally tough and physical team.

If you don't think that teams don't have to spend to win, you better look around and see who is left in the playoffs.

Edited by northcyde

Joe developed plantar fasciitis late in the season and he was clearly moving on one leg because of it. I don't see how anyone can blame him when he was a trooper for just showing up to play. They said he was taking huge pain killer shots before each playoff game just to play.

I'm glad his contract is off our books, I've always said that but this dogpiling on a former Hawk that gave us all he had for several All Star seasons is more than a bit petty.

You know who else has plantar fascitis? Joakim Noah. No excuses.

• Like 1

This is what people wanted to see all the time, even when they were denying it. I knew this from the jump.

It's OK though. I just hope they can get it out of their system tonight. I'm more worried about this team, and if we'll ever even get back to playoff level, let alone championship level.

The future is very uncertain for us. And I reserve judgement to see if Ferry can build this thing right.