• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Possible HC for Hawks:

Per ESPN (so take it for what it's worth):

With members of the Hawks' coaching staff bracing for the firing of Larry Drew to the point that they privately already consider themselves "free agents," in the words of one source, two names have already emerged as prime targets for Hawks general manager Danny Ferry in the anticipated search for Drew's replacement: Budenholzer and Quin Snyder.

Both worked with Ferry in San Antonio; Snyder spent the past season in Russia as an assistant to European coaching legend Ettore Messina.

Drew is expected to receive consideration in Philadelphia and likely in other cities, too, after doing what is widely regarded as a quality job maxing out with an Atlanta roster filled with free agents this season.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/57961/del-negro-out-in-l-a-chris-paul-staying

it seems Ferry is determined to hire someone from the spurs coaching tree first it was mike brown now its Mike Budenholzer (guy im personally very interested in) and quin snyder who I never heard of.

Edited by yungsta

• Premium Member

I knew that Ferry would find someone from SA to take over as HC. It meets what we know about the A$G: they are too cheap to actually pay a real name coach. So here comes the clown car of assistant coaches begging to get their first head coaching job in the NBA.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

• Like 1

No interest in Quin Snyder at all (played with Ferry at Duke) Budenhoizer would be interesting though

I vaguely remember Snyder as a college coach (maybe Mizzou) and something about him rubbed me the wrong way, not sure what. He has a face that makes me wanna slap him.I'll take Buldenhoizer though.

Who knows about coaches. The Bulls found a great one off of somebody elses bench. The Celtics found a good one after some one else fired him. Popovich was a nobody at some point.

Add to that Spoelstra and Voegel were video coordinators, Mark Jackson a broadcaster.It really is a crap shoot.Ferry has a vision of what kind of team he wants and will hire a coach that can carry out his vision.

• Admin

something about him rubbed me the wrong way, not sure what. He has a face that makes me wanna slap him.

I think it is the hair...

Add to that Spoelstra and Voegel were video coordinators, Mark Jackson a broadcaster.It really is a crap shoot.Ferry has a vision of what kind of team he wants and will hire a coach that can carry out his vision.

Scott Brooks

• Like 1

But but but that doesn't allow the haters to hate on the ASG for trying to hire someone but a retread. I mean come on we all know the ASG are too cheap to hire any of these awesome big name coaches who are available and wanting to coach, such as...

• Premium Member

Coaching decision will help us see very very clearly whether Ferry deems a CP3 + DH union in ATL to be a realistic proposition... not likely that those guys come to Philips with anything less than a top-tier coach leading the charge.