Possible HC for Hawks:

Please! Please! Sign Budenholzer or Byron Scott. I don't know how much cp3 and d12 will go for Snyder....by the way who the hell is this guy? Unlike Budenholzer who actually does have a great reputation for himself, I told you guys a few months back that Budenholzer is coach pops right hand man like winters was to Phil Jackson. Budenholzer has been with coach pop for 17 years I know this guy has to be one smart ass coach because that organization has been top notch for years.But this Snyder guy is bringing me down! I think I rather keep LD. An it's rumored he's the front runner?!....I think I'm going to be sick! I expected the d12 and cp3 dream to go a lot longer than this!

Okay, okay. So, Quin Snyder's got:1) Hair2) A pretty good history3) He gets fired up and motivates. Which, let's be honest, is already going to be 100 time better than the walking snooze patrol that was Woody and LD. This team needs someone who acts like they have a pulse.So, what about this Mike Budenholzer guy?

Okay, okay. So, Quin Snyder's got:1) Hair2) A pretty good history3) He gets fired up and motivates. Which, let's be honest, is already going to be 100 time better than the walking snooze patrol that was Woody and LD. This team needs someone who acts like they have a pulse.So, what about this Mike Budenholzer guy?

Budenholzer 17 year history with the spurs speaks for itself. He is coach pops number one assistant coach. Assistant coach for 4 championships. Did I mention that's he been around the spurs organization for 17 years!Do you realize how much that benefits the hawks? This guy knows only one thing and that's winning championships and having good teams. I want Budenholzer because he's a safe pick, Snyder is a risk pick! Snyder hasn't even coached in the nba yet and this is who ferry is going to put in the head seat to lure cp3 and Howard?.....smh

I'd be okay with Snyder. He brought Mizzou back to relevance, for Mizzou, as a really young coach. That was years ago. He's well educated, people from Duke usually are. He'll have a great working relationship with Ferry and I bet they'll be on same page for roster moves. He's 44. Bring in some young blood, energetic, wanting to prove himself, and a motivator.

He left the Spurs because some dude in Russia offered him a boat load of money to be his assistant. He must have some respect in the coaching community, or world???

I don't think Snyder is going to be a coach that would attract top tier talent to come play here

Would any assistant coach.... really?

Other than Byron Scott who Paul loves im not sure who else would attract the "top tier" free agents. I know the Van Gundy's would make Dwight NOT sign.

• Admin

Would any assistant coach.... really?

Other than Byron Scott who Paul loves im not sure who else would attract the "top tier" free agents. I know the Van Gundy's would make Dwight NOT sign.

Yip, if we want some of those free agents to consider here we might need an established coach

Although, I do believe if Ferry does hire Snyder....he wants to keep Smoove. I don't know why, just my hunch. While I have always supported Josh Smith, I'm almost thinking after nine years, cutting ties, is best for everyone. New coach or not...

Yip, if we want some of those free agents to consider here we might need an established coach

Who's established that's out there? Jerry Sloan, Phil Jackson, Doc if he's let go? I don't see us getting any of those guys. I wouldn't call the Van Gundy's established, maybe a "name"....

Thing I like about Quinn is he is fiery and he could definitely sell this team to Paul, Howard. Not sure if they would be buy, but he would do his darnest to sell it.

I want a fiery coach this time. I'm tired of those mild mannered Woody, Drew coaches.

• Like 3

If we hire Snyder, hopefully he won't be the second coming of Lon Kruger (with purty hair).

I always wanted us to sign Byron Scott years ago. If that would be attractive to CP, then by all means sign him.

Edited by Watchman

It's not about getting a superstar here it's about building a solid team. Is a team like Memphis that much more talented than Atlanta? I don't think so

LOL . . Memphis is far more talented than the Hawks. Better PG. Better C. Better PF. Better SF. Better SG. Better role players off the bench.

I'll go so far as to say that every player we have on the Hawks would come off the bench in Memphis. As good as Horford is, he's not benching Z-Bo or Marc Gasol. The only person who MIGHT start is Smith . . at SF. But Tayshawn Prince is a better SF than Josh is.

It's not about getting a superstar here it's about building a solid team. Is a team like Memphis that much more talented than Atlanta? I don't think so

If it was about building a "solid" team, why did Ferry trade Joe and Marvin? We've been "solid" for years.

• Like 1