• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sam Amico: "Executives feel no one other than the Lakers and the Hawks stands much of a chance to land Dwight"; Mo Cheeks option for HC?

GameTime

Larry Drew was an assistant head coach for 20 something years in this league before the Hawks made him their HC. Being an assistant under Pop means nothing for Budenholzer. I'll take a roll of the dice on Snyder before assuming Budenholzer is a sure thing...

As for Howard, it's all things that are already known... Does Dwight want the money, prestige, and big market spotlight that LA can offer or does he actually want to compete with an up and coming team with real potential and would have the chance to play with another young All Star, but can't offer anything that LA can. Honestly, I think Howard would be stupid to go back to the hell hole that is the Lakers.

Budenholzer has coached in more NBA games than Snyder. Anytime Pop gets ejected, or is sick, who do you think takes over the team?

This is Budenholzer earlier this year, talking about the Spurs when Pop was sick, and the team kept winning

That "rah-rah" crap from coaches doesn't work in the NBA. Ferry will lose a ton of credibility in my eyes, if he passes up established NBA coaches and longtime NBA assistant coaches in very good franchises, for his old college buddy whose claim to fame is his hair, and getting Missouri to one Elite 8 in 7 years.

People talk about Quin getting a "raw deal." In his final 3 years at Missouri, he got bounced out of the NIT twice in the 1st round, and the team didn't even finish above .500 in his final 2 years at Missouri. 7 years at Missouri, and made the tournament in his first 4 years, but couldn't do it in his last 3? That's why I say that if you want to talk about college coaches, Bruce Pearl is a better coach than Snyder.

So save me that "he was a good coach in college" stuff. If he gets the Hawks' job, it'll be no more than Ferry hooking up his boy.

Edited by northcyde

Budenholzer has coached in more NBA games than Snyder. Anytime Pop gets ejected, or is sick, who do you think takes over the team?

This is Budenholzer earlier this year, talking about the Spurs when Pop was sick, and the team kept winning

That "rah-rah" crap from coaches doesn't work in the NBA.

"Rah rah" coach and motivator" go hand and hand. Teams with superstars don't need motivators at coach because their superstar is one (OKC, Miami, New York). Teams without one do (Denver, Golden State, Indiana). If we get Dwight/CP3 we can deal with a calm cool Drew like coach because CP3 will be the on/off court leader.

Red built, drafted and coached his team through several versions of a dynasty. He's hand down the best coach of all time for that reason. Daly showed he was a good coach not just in Detroit but his job in NJ. Popovich has never not had a superstar. Rudy T got exposed once Hakeem was no longer a star. Scott Brooks is absolutely not a good coach. He was getting drilled for years about his lack of an offensive scheme. I also don't think Del Negro is a good coach.

Rudy T didn't get exposed he got sick and he had old players. They also had an old Barkley and then a crappy old Pippen who didn't care about winning anymore. I'd give anything to have a healthy and motivated Rudy T be our coach.

• Premium Member

Rudy T didn't get exposed he got sick and he had old players. They also had an old Barkley and then a crappy old Pippen who didn't care about winning anymore. I'd give anything to have a healthy and motivated Rudy T be our coach.

Rudy T had a system in place for Hakeem that worked because Hakeem was a superstar and they had enough talent to fit in roles around him. Once that was gone he had to adjust (see my several comments throughout thread of how the #1 criteria for a coach is their ability to adjust) his system and lo and behold the team didn't do that well. Yes, he got sick and that was horrible but his coaching inability to adjust was exposed.

Budenholzer has coached in more NBA games than Snyder. Anytime Pop gets ejected, or is sick, who do you think takes over the team? This is Budenholzer earlier this year, talking about the Spurs when Pop was sick, and the team kept winning

That "rah-rah" crap from coaches doesn't work in the NBA. Ferry will lose a ton of credibility in my eyes, if he passes up established NBA coaches and longtime NBA assistant coaches in very good franchises, for his old college buddy whose claim to fame is his hair, and getting Missouri to one Elite 8 in 7 years. People talk about Quin getting a "raw deal." In his final 3 years at Missouri, he got bounced out of the NIT twice in the 1st round, and the team didn't even finish above .500 in his final 2 years at Missouri. 7 years at Missouri, and made the tournament in his first 4 years, but couldn't do it in his last 3? That's why I say that if you want to talk about college coaches, Bruce Pearl is a better coach than Snyder. So save me that "he was a good coach in college" stuff. If he gets the Hawks' job, it'll be no more than Ferry hooking up his boy.
Except Bruce Pearl cheated to get his talent . He had recruiting parties at house all the time and was sleeping around with students. His xwife still has a salon in Knoxville called Alimony......just to rub it in his grease monkey face. You don't want Pearl representing your franchise trust me. I know people inside that program and use to coach kids who played for him. He is trouble.

Rudy T had a system in place for Hakeem that worked because Hakeem was a superstar and they had enough talent to fit in roles around him. Once that was gone he had to adjust (see my several comments throughout thread of how the #1 criteria for a coach is their ability to adjust) his system and lo and behold the team didn't do that well. Yes, he got sick and that was horrible but his coaching inability to adjust was exposed.

Sorry you're wrong about him getting exposed. The Rockets were my 2nd favorite team and I followed them closely since I moved to Houston in 93 and I followed them closely until Rudy T retired. The Rockets had aging star players and management tried to force Barkley and Pippen on him when Barkley was done and if I remember Pippen had a bad injury. Rudy T was a hell if a coach who won with a kid in Cassell who had played junior college ball a few years before plus Kenny and Vernon the ball hogs. He had a HOF player in Dream who many wanted traded from the team and then a young Robert Horry. The domination of San Antonio and Orlando was nothing short of miraculous. So by all means continue to think he was exposed but that's nothing but you making stuff up. That is unless you think Phil got exposed without MJ or Shaq or Pop was exposed without DRob or Duncan. Cause that's the same thing. Last I checked coaches don't win titles without superstars playing well.
  • Like 1

I'd want Rudy T right now...he was a great coach...Never underestimate the heart of a champion....classic

Given his age, bouts with alcoholism, and the fact that Kobe's chucking broke that heart of a champion, I'd say his coaching days are long done.
  • Like 1

Whoever Ferry selects, there will be some who will not be happy wether it's an assistant, a retread, old man Sloan, some so called 'big name coach. As long as the coach has a winning philosophy I'm cool with that.

Fixed!

• Premium Member

Sorry you're wrong about him getting exposed. The Rockets were my 2nd favorite team and I followed them closely since I moved to Houston in 93 and I followed them closely until Rudy T retired. The Rockets had aging star players and management tried to force Barkley and Pippen on him when Barkley was done and if I remember Pippen had a bad injury. Rudy T was a hell if a coach who won with a kid in Cassell who had played junior college ball a few years before plus Kenny and Vernon the ball hogs. He had a HOF player in Dream who many wanted traded from the team and then a young Robert Horry. The domination of San Antonio and Orlando was nothing short of miraculous. So by all means continue to think he was exposed but that's nothing but you making stuff up. That is unless you think Phil got exposed without MJ or Shaq or Pop was exposed without DRob or Duncan. Cause that's the same thing. Last I checked coaches don't win titles without superstars playing well.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

Given his age, bouts with alcoholism, and the fact that Kobe's chucking broke that heart of a champion, I'd say his coaching days are long done.

Watch out, some guy might come at you for saying stuff like that.

• Premium Member

Sorry guys but D12 will not go to a city where he has a baby momma.

• Like 1

We'll have to agree to disagree. Watch out, some guy might come at you for saying stuff like that.

No worries nobody here ever agrees with you anyway so I don't feel bad.He doesn't have a victim complex so he doesn't have to worry about some guy coming after him. But if it bothers you so much you should call SVU and tell them how poorly you're treated here.

Sorry guys but D12 will not go to a city where he has a baby momma.

What about 9 or so baby mommas? Isn't that what he has in Atlanta? Maybe he can change his last name to Schrute so that none of them will recognize his name in Atlanta!

What about 9 or so baby mommas? Isn't that what he has in Atlanta? Maybe he can change his last name to Schrute so that none of them will recognize his name in Atlanta!

GA also has some of the highest child support laws in the country........so he doesn't want to add any more in GA.

• Premium Member

No worries nobody here ever agrees with you anyway so I don't feel bad.He doesn't have a victim complex so he doesn't have to worry about some guy coming after him. But if it bothers you so much you should call SVU and tell them how poorly you're treated here.

Nobody agrees with me? I guess that's why I get so many likes on posts?

Don't be bitter. It doesn't become you. It isn't like someone hasn't been following you around just to disagree with you the last few days. Oh wait...

Nobody agrees with me? I guess that's why I get so many likes on posts? Don't be bitter. It doesn't become you. It isn't like someone hasn't been following you around just to disagree with you the last few days. Oh wait...

If that's what you need to tell yourself...And yes that's true you have acted like a scorned nerd at the prom with your stalker behavior recently but that's ok whatever you need to feel better about yourself.

• Premium Member

If that's what you need to tell yourself...And yes that's true you have acted like a scorned nerd at the prom with your stalker behavior recently but that's ok whatever you need to feel better about yourself.

I think a simple glance at topics lately show who was the one following the other person around to disagree. And here's a pro tip: it wasn't me.

I think a simple glance at topics lately show who was the one following the other person around to disagree. And here's a pro tip: it wasn't me.

Oh good now you're a pro too? Gosh insider and pro how do you find time to grace us with your presence here?