• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Sekou Smith predicts us to be 'Utah Jazz South' after 2013 Free Agency

GameTime

Jefferson, Iggy and Milsap are interesting fits

So you get Jefferson to start at C and Iggy to start at SF, would we be able to convince Millsap to play in a rotation with Al at PF where Al would slide to C for parts of the game? If we can get Millsap for 8 million that would be a steal. We'd have to get Iggy and Jefferson to agree to 14 million so that we can afford this whole group.

Jefferson - 14 million

Iggy - 14 million

Horford - 12 million

Millsap - 8 million

Lou - 5.25 million

Teague - 4.25 million (I think that's his adjusted QO right?)

That leaves room to get a starting caliber SG but not someone who is in tier 1 or 2. Possible lineup next year:

Teague / Lou / Mack?

Korver? / Lou / Jenkins

Iggy / Draft pick?

Horford / Millsap / Scott

Jefferson / Draft pick??

I highly doubt Iggy leaves Denver but even if he does I'm not sure that I like that team or not. Is there enough offense and defense or just adequate for both? Are we better off saving cap room for 2014 and maybe just getting 1 good FA this year?

That would unfortunately still be a 2nd round ceiling type team. Either get cp and Dwight or tear it down and seriously tank for wiggins or Jabari and 2014 free agents

Jefferson, Iggy and Milsap are interesting fits

They can't help Utah... So how would they help us? It doesn't help if the Hawks lose Smith only to replace him with older guys that are about as productive. And we don't address the needs at center or PG. Jefferson is not a center and he and Horf would suck on the defensive end. Jefferson seemed like a player to have years ago... Now, not so much.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Reminds me of the Wizards. Arenas, Hughes and Jamison were all on the Warriors and sucked yet they thought they'd win together once reunited in Washington.

If Milsap/Jefferson isn't great in Utah they will not be great here. I mean, one of them would be a good fit for someone like The Thunder, or The Spurs. A team like that. But you look at a team here with so many FA's and everything and I fail to see how it helps this franchise by throwing money and those 2 guys. Jefferson's production has declined for 3 years straight and he is 29. Milsap didn't tear it up last year either himself. He wouldn't be a good compliment with Horford and neither would Jefferson.

• Like 1

As much as I like Iggy, he'd be a terrible fit here without some guys who can knock down the 3. We would be just like the 76ers. A good physical defensive team that struggles to score.

As much as I like Iggy, he'd be a terrible fit here without some guys who can knock down the 3. We would be just like the 76ers. A good physical defensive team that struggles to score.

I agree you need some 3pt shooters but that is with or without Iggy. I think Iggy, Horford, and a true center would give us a combo of D and better post play. Then get your shooters.

Edited by Buzzard

I love the idea of Al Jefferson here.

Love Love Love.

I like Jefferson if we don't hit the lottery with Howard / Paul. It would be refreshing seeing us play with a legit top 3 offensive post player in the league that is surrounded by shooters. However, 4 years at $60 mill is as high as I would go.

I don't want any part of Iggy for 4 years and $70 mill. I think he will be on a fast decline.

That would unfortunately still be a 2nd round ceiling type team. Either get cp and Dwight or tear it down and seriously tank for wiggins or Jabari and 2014 free agents

What 2014 free agents ? Luol Deng ? Kobe and Dirk at 36 years old ? They can't be lead dogs at 36.

The lottery is just that.......a lottery. The Hawks were in the lottery 6 years in a row not too long ago. We got the #2 pick once and #3 pick once.

Jefferson gives the Heat major trouble. I think that team could get to the EC Finals.

Durant is not an unrestricted free agent until 2016.

What 2014 free agents ? Luol Deng ? Kobe and Dirk at 36 years old ? They can't be lead dogs at 36.

The lottery is just that.......a lottery. The Hawks were in the lottery 6 years in a row not too long ago. We got the #2 pick once and #3 pick once.

Jefferson gives the Heat major trouble. I think that team could get to the EC Finals.

Durant is not an unrestricted free agent until 2016.

The only person that makes sense is Al-Jefferson - although I'm extremely weary of signing him to a big contract

They can't help Utah... So how would they help us? It doesn't help if the Hawks lose Smith only to replace him with older guys that are about as productive. And we don't address the needs at center or PG. Jefferson is not a center and he and Horf would suck on the defensive end. Jefferson seemed like a player to have years ago... Now, not so much.

Can't use that logic, even though they did help Utah. The problem in Utah was that their guard play overall was poor, especially on the defensive end.

Saying Jefferson is not a center is like saying Tim Duncan is not a center. And I'm not saying that Jefferson has comparable talent to Duncan. What I am saying though is that in the NBA today, Jefferson plays like a center, rebounds like a center, and can hold his position defensively like a center.

And the BIG reason to bring him on, is that you can still interchange both players at center, by playing one of them with the 2nd unit. Imagine having the option to play Horford or Jefferson with the 2nd unit, instead of Zaza or Johan Petro. That would be an instant upgrade to this team. At that point, what the Hawks would need to decide, is if we'd be better off with a defensive center on the team, or a good PF off the bench.

LOL . . so I'd be all for a situation in which we brought in both Jefferson and Millsap, to play with Horford. That's arguably the best trio of big men in the Eastern Conference. As long as we added the right type of guards and defensive wings on this team, that would be a big upgrade to this squad overall.

• Like 1

Utah is boring. Doesn't seem to fit the style of ball we;'ve been playing

LOL . . what style? WE only averaged 98 ppg last year.

Who cares about "boring" if you win? Memphis is "boring", but their fans embrace that team unconditionally.

Heck, if the Hawks want to produce an "exciting" team, just go out and give JR Smith and Nate Robinson 3 yr - 24 million dollar deals, and let them run and gun all day with Lou. It might not produce a lot of wins, but we'd be "exciting".