• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ping Pong Watch

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

Does anyone care less about the lottery tonight than I do? I can't recall the last time I've cared less... but of course I'm watching anyway, just to see who gets screwjobbed.

* Three Dirty South Division opponents are in the Top 8, with the Magic and Horcats given the best odds. I'd much rather they all fall out of the Top 3. But if I had to have one team pull off the top spot, it would be Charlotte. They got screwed in the race for Anthony Davis last year, plus the Wizards (Wall, Kwame) and the Magic (Dwight, Shaq, C-Webb) have had multiple bites at the top-pick apple while Charlotte's only had one (Grandmama).

* I think OKC, Utah, and Minnesota make for some pick-swapping possibilities with the Hawks, so I'd rather they stay put where they are or slide down a bit. Phoenix, too, but they'd have to slide down to 7th.

* The Mavs don't need any more assets to entice free agents, so I'd rather they stay where they are rather than having a Top 3 pick and DIrk in their corner.

* The Cavs (Kyrie, LeBron), the Bucks (Bogut, Big Dog), the NOPes (Unibrow), and the Sixers (Daugherty trade to Cavs, A.I.) have all had their shots at lottery glory already, too. Kings, too (Pervis), but ya gotta feel for Sacto since they nearly lost their team. Portland (Oden) a little less so.

So I guess I'm pulling for Sacramento, Portland, and Detroit to come out on top. Surely, they'll find a way to screw it up anyway.

~lw3

• Like 1

This is actually important to the Hawks, b/c depending on where teams like Charlotte, Kings fall may have an opportunity to trade with...Charlotte already went on record saying they are exploring trading down - depending on where they land.

This is not suppose to be a super talented draft but it will provide starters and depth. Going to be interesting to see who moves up and down the draft board.

This is not suppose to be a super talented draft but it will provide starters and depth. Going to be interesting to see who moves up and down the draft board.

This draft from a scout/gm perspective doesnt have a clear cut superstar, but the draft has a few star potential players, and quite a few who could be starters for a lot teams in the league. With that said the Hawks can't afford to stand pat with the 17th & 18th pick

I basically want our division foes, the magic and horcats(according to lw3 lol) to drop as far as possible. I would want the west teams to get the top 3 spots. I'm rooting for the kings all the way. They get screwed in the draft, the playoffs, and with all the relocating crap..they need this. I can see KJ smiling now ...but no matter who wins it, David Stern will get asked if it was fixed...lol...oh why oh why is the nba turning into wwf :-( or is it wcw now...smh

Yeah, hopefully our divisional teams fall and continue to suck. I'm also hoping Detroit falls and continues to suck. I got tickets 5 rows behind the Hawks bench up here for 30 bucks this year. The mix of nobody caring about the Hawks and Detrot being horrible is a wonderful combination for me!Go random western team!

Can't see this one being fixed like the previous ones. I haven't paid much attention to the draft or anything this off season, so I don't know what story line the NBA wants to advertise this time around.

I don't understand why the Wizards were guaranteed a top 3 pick when the Pistons were announced at number 9.

The reason is because the lottery is actually only held for the first three picks. Washington came into the lottery in the 8th spot. Detroit was 7th. When Detroit was announced at 8, that meant Washington had landed one of the top 3 picks in the lottery.

• Like 2

That Gilbert kid is a four leaf clover. I liked their starting five when healthy, and they're all pretty much babies except for Verajao. They gonna make some noise with a capable coach. Without it, Noel could easily be a bust.

Edited by benhillboy

• Premium Member

The reason is because the lottery is actually only held for the first three picks. Washington came into the lottery in the 8th spot. Detroit was 7th. When Detroit was announced at 8, that meant Washington had landed one of the top 3 picks in the lottery.

TY for the explanation.

if we flop in free agency it looks like the cavs might pass us in the standings next season. Adding mike brown defensive philosophy then adding someone like noel or a wing defender like otto porter their defense ranking will rise from 24th to top 10 atleast.