• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Big IF....

Diesel

• Premium Member

IF we get Dwight Howard... I want to talk about BU C...

I suggest the following.

1. Zaza Pachulia. He knows the team, he's actually not so bad when you consider backups and his price is reasonable.

2. Jason Collins. I think twin is one of the best positional defenders in the game. He won't be a scorer at all but he could give us good minutes if he comes back in good shape. PLUS he could get some of the spotlight off of Dwight.

3. Aaron Gray. Another Big body. Nothing special offensively or defensively but he's big enough to spell Howard and offer a bigger body.

What I suspect is that I will hear a lot of people saying Splitter, Bynum, Pechovic, or Kaman. These guys are starters and won't come here to sit behind D12.

One more guy is Jermaine Oneal. He should be a nice cheap BU who could offer scoring and some rebounding. But. Sizewise, I would want Bigger... However, if we can get him for cheap... I would take him all day. Cheap being MLE type money.

I think Zaza could be a backup center on a championship team and wouldn't have any problem bringing him back, but we'd have to make sure he's the best option. Another solid backup that could be available and one I tend to prefer since he's a solid defender is Samuel Dalembert. He's made some good money in his day (on some contracts where he was vastly overpaid) and he might be one of those guys willing to accept less than his market value to play for a winner. He could also be one of those guys who still has enough talent to start and he takes more money to start for a bad team. Who knows, but he's someone I'd be interested in.

• Like 1

Just the way Petro sets up for his jumper from 15 feet screams SOOOOFFFTTTT...no Petro ever again please ...he seems like a nice dude off the court but I never want to see him wearing a Hawks uni again

• Premium Member

Diesel, there are better backup centers in the league than Zaza. Do we want to put ourselves in at least the Eastern Conference Finals, or do we want to keep fan favorites around?Retaining Zaza simply continues the trend of not going all out to build a champion.

Give me some names... Names I say.

• Premium Member

I think Zaza could be a backup center on a championship team and wouldn't have any problem bringing him back, but we'd have to make sure he's the best option. Another solid backup that could be available and one I tend to prefer since he's a solid defender is Samuel Dalembert. He's made some good money in his day (on some contracts where he was vastly overpaid) and he might be one of those guys willing to accept less than his market value to play for a winner. He could also be one of those guys who still has enough talent to start and he takes more money to start for a bad team. Who knows, but he's someone I'd be interested in.

Actual DO, I like Dalembert too. I think he'd be a good pickup for really cheap.. lower than the MLE.. However, I think Zaza is far better right now.

• Premium Member

Collins is a Dwight Stopper...well we have a Dwight....he is really only useful against the big banging centers and they are few. A backup needs to be someone who can come in and consistently play

Let's see. IN the Division we will play against Chandler, Noah, Hibbert, Lopez, Whoever Boston gets (Probably Kaman or Bynum), Seraphim and there might be others. Dwight plays C hella good but he's a PFs size up against these guys. We need a guy who can come in and Bang... That's why Zaza is up there. But I would like for them to be bigger than Dwight. Even J.O. fits that bill.

At the end of the day, we know that Dwight Like his buddy Smoove is a little soft in the middle. We would need to protect him. Unfortunately, Charles Oakley and Anthony Mason are no longer walking around.

Collins is a Dwight Stopper...well we have a Dwight....he is really only useful against the big banging centers and they are few. A backup needs to be someone who can come in and consistently play

Is that a joke? Dwight shot something like 75% from the floor and averaged 28 ppg when Collins guarded him. Collins is a big stiff.

Is that a joke? Dwight shot something like 75% from the floor and averaged 28 ppg when Collins guarded him. Collins is a big stiff.

Collins isn't a D12 stopper per se - what it does is allow Collins to play D12 straight up, no double teams which opens up shooters - that is how we beat Orlando because the shooters weren't wide open off double teams, they had hands in their faces.