• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Dwightmare Part 2

Admin

Seriously, he's not interested in Atlanta or he's interested in Atlanta. He hasn't considered or mentioned Atlanta and then he has... or has he? I wish that the people reporting would get some real facts about what Dwight is thinking. I'm hoping that the Duhon speculation about Dwight ending up in Atlanta is the most accurate.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Call me nagative or whatever, I just dont see him coming here. On that thought, I hope Ferry has a rabbit in his pocket because I for one am not up for another 5 years of rebuilding.

Agreed. From now until July 1st there are going to be 50,000 articles that mention Dwight is going to 30 different teams in 10,000 different scenarios. It's fun to read sometimes but then it gets old. Lotta bs flying around lol.

Seriously, he's not interested in Atlanta or he's interested in Atlanta. He hasn't considered or mentioned Atlanta and then he has... or has he? I wish that the people reporting would get some real facts about what Dwight is thinking. I'm hoping that the Duhon speculation about Dwight ending up in Atlanta is the most accurate.

It was just Duhon's opinion or guess whatever you want to call it. But he just said if he had to bet he thinks it will be Atlanta. Should be an interesting month and a half. I think we all should keep level heads until something happens for sure. Because like you said the story changes daily.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Because we have money and he's from Atlanta, our name will be constantly tossed up in the Dwight talk. I am not sure he's a Ferry guy. Ferry may just as soon put down money on Splitter and try to get Paul? That's not so unreasonable if we can get something else.

But get ready for there to be more rumor... mainly from Dwight's camp to help drive up interest.

• Moderators

To me getting Paul is really job one. Sure I'd take either or both but Paul is a no brainer. He has very few questions marks whereas Dwight has 20.

I'm pretty optimistic that Ferry has a good pitch planned. Dwight, Paul, Horford is an instant contender. Where else are either going to find that?

I can see: Budenhozler as coach

with Splitter, Horf, Paul as our big three... and maybe a fourth guy like Iggy.

Agreed. I've had thoughts about Splitter for a while. But would Paul come without DH?

The whole idea of sports writers having FACTS is ludicrous.

Seriously, he's not interested in Atlanta or he's interested in Atlanta. He hasn't considered or mentioned Atlanta and then he has...

My guess is that his agent has been sniffing around and found out maybe the max deal might not be looking as "automatic" as was once thought.

Makes sense - add to your "acceptable places to go" to increase competition/interest. IMHO he would not be an Atlanta Hawk even if he agreed to come here for the max we could offer him. I don't think D. Ferry wants to build around a "head case".

Ferry just pulled off the trade of the decade for the Hawks - getting rid of Joe's contract - why would he want to set himself up to have to do that again in a year or two.

I can see: Budenhozler as coach

with Splitter, Horf, Paul as our big three... and maybe a fourth guy like Iggy.

Not quite what a "Big 3" is though.

Heat - Lebron (Big 1) Wade (Big 1) Bosh (Big 1) = Big 3

Atlanta - Splitter (Big 3) Horf (Big 2) Paul (Big 1) = Big 6

• Like 1

Not quite what a "Big 3" is though.

Heat - Lebron (Big 1) Wade (Big 1) Bosh (Big 1) = Big 3

Atlanta - Splitter (Big 3) Horf (Big 2) Paul (Big 1) = Big 6

To be fair...Wade is fading...although I'm sure he will last as long as the juice will keep him going.

• Moderators

Posted Image

Enjoy the ride... lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87
  • Like 1

To be fair...Wade is fading...although I'm sure he will last as long as the juice will keep him going.

Wade is no longer the player that he used to be but he'd still be the 2nd best player on that Hawks "Big 3" and I'm sure if he was the lead dog with scoring he'd be back to putting up big numbers consistently.

Wade is no longer the player that he used to be but he'd still be the 2nd best player on that Hawks "Big 3" and I'm sure if he was the lead dog with scoring he'd be back to putting up big numbers consistently.

I dunno - I've always been a Wade fan since he came from a mid-major (Marquette I believe) but I think his great days have passed. IMO he will be OK for another year (barring another injury) then slow down a good bit more. He can't keep all that weight (even though it's muscle) and have good knees/ankles/feet/achilles.

What kind of thoughts have you had about Splitter?

Splitter is not going to get it done. If we drafted two centers chances are good we get his production and D on rookie deals. Not that I think Ferry will do that but Splitter IMO would have a hard time taking minutes away from a healthy ZaZa.

Healthy ZaZa vs Splitter is a toss up, that's my opinion on him.