• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Good luck LD

capstone21

• Moderators

LD was a good coach for us that was the biggest problem too. He wasn't great. He did have that fire or a scheme that the Hawks need to keep growing. Even the players complained about "gray areas in his game plan". Good luck LD!

• Like 1

During his introduction as Hawks Coach, I thought he was a bumbling idiot. Now, I think he's a very good coach who instilled solid defensive principles, has a great grasp of his Princeton style judging by our assists this year, keeps his players considerably focused when they're down against equal opponents, and can draw up a play out of a timeout with the best of them. He succeeded in helping Teague develop from a deer in headlights to a rising PG with star potential. Good Luck up there, although that's a pretty bad job. Larry Sanders has great potential, about equal to his discipline problems. And that starting backcourt will only fly off at the mouth after they are reprimanded for awful shooting while playing awful D. Josh and Ivan are gonna seem like Choir Children. Getting in the playoffs with Washington, Chicago, and Cleveland projecting to be much better will be a tough task but I think Ole Drewski is up to it. Preciate the comfortable Orlando series win, a glimmer of hope against the Bulls in Game 1, the epic 27 point comeback against hated Boston, his past December that earned him COTM, and good adjustments made in Atlanta against Indy. Good Luck, Mr. "We Need More Passion and Energy."

• Like 1

Good Luck LD, didn't think he was that bad of a coach. I actually think he was better than Woodson.

I'll take Larry Drew over Mike Woodson any day of the week. We might not have got a huge name after Woody, but we definitely got an upgrade.

Liked LD a lot, but three areas of constructive criticism: 1.) Hardly any rookie development, 2.) Preached energy, but almost never showed any himself, and 3.) Couldn't reign in JSmoove.

Other than those things, thought he was a great X's & O's guy, drew up some nice plays, got the players to be defensive-minded, and did a lot with a rag tag group of guys that varied greatly each year.

'ppreciate it, buddy. Good luck to ya!

• Moderators

Good luck to LD. If he does end up with the Bucks job, they absolutely cannot resign Monte. LD's inability to reign in bad shots is his single biggest weakness and that would be a bad pairing.