• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Wouldn't Oj mayo be a better point guard under Coach Bud than CP3?

JTB

I really want to know why everyone hates on Jeff Teague? I can't figure it out....He's no Tony Parker, but hell, I would take him over OJ Mayo today and twice tomorrow...

• Like 2

I really want to know why everyone hates on Jeff Teague? I can't figure it out....He's no Tony Parker, but hell, I would take him over OJ Mayo today and twice tomorrow...

Probably because he's just another of our guys who refuses to play up to his potential and he complains too much to the officials. I like Jeff and I'm far from ready to give up on him, but he's a really frustrating player.

No.

Probably because he's just another of our guys who refuses to play up to his potential and he complains too much to the officials. I like Jeff and I'm far from ready to give up on him, but he's a really frustrating player.

He is just not that good as a starting PG. It's like starting that really good backup QB who is fine as a backup but is not good as a starter.

I get that, but he really had a decent year. And he's young! He is frustrating and I believe that has to do with the culture. I'm not very smart, but I think Smoove probably brought down our chemistry. They spend too much time together. Teague still performed. New coach, new teammates, new environment...he'll get better. Now, if CP3 agrees, fine...but that's a pipe dream. Teague is so much better moving forward than Mayo...it's not even close

• Premium Member

I don't want us to keep Teague but I definitely would rather have him as an actual point guard over OJ Mayo at point guard.

I just have to ask: what in the name of Green Lantern is with some of the posters here and this fantasy of OJ Mayo being a point guard? The Grizz tried using him before as a backup point to Conley and it failed miserably. He simple does not have the tools to be a point guard. He's an ok shooting guard with a very pretty shooting stroke but that's the limit of what he can do.

• Moderators

Even at SG, what in the world happened to Mayo with the Mavs last season? He was one of the league's top scorers in November. Then it seems he slid off the Earth after Dirk came back. Is he pretty much ineffective even at SG if he's not the top offensive option?

~lw3

Even at SG, what in the world happened to Mayo with the Mavs last season? He was one of the league's top scorers in November. Then it seems he slid off the Earth after Dirk came back. Is he pretty much ineffective even at SG if he's not the top offensive option?

~lw3

More like it wasn't reasonable to expect someone to continue to hit over 50% of his 3point attempts for a whole season. Beyond that I will say you have a point as I think Carlisle over-thunk his strategy. He benched Collison in favor of a straight out the rec league Mike James (who?!) and tried hard to reintegrate Dirk so OJ went by the wayside without Collison pushing the tempo and letting Juice settle easily into the Korver 3 (the transition 3 has been officially renamed, adjust your gamethreads accordingly) and Dirk hogging up the halfcourt offense.

• Like 2