I hope Howard/Paul gets decided early

capstone21

No . . . what needs to happen is for the Hawks to decide early. Ferry needs to express to Howard's and Paul's agents that they really need to make some sort of decision by July 1st, so that the Hawks can either sign both of them, or forget about them and move on.

Last year, Brooklyn did the right thing in not waiting on Dwight to make some sort of decision. A decision that he ended up not making anyway, because Orlando acted in their best interest, and not necessarily in the best interest of Dwight.

This is on Ferry. Get them signed right at the start of free agency, or move onto Plan B.

• Admin

Chandler parsons has to be included otherwise rox can eat my shorts

We are not going to get Parsons....however if we can get a good rebounding/defensive center and some young parts for Josh from Houston...I would do it

Edited by capstone21

• Admin

No . . . what needs to happen is for the Hawks to decide early. Ferry needs to express to Howard's and Paul's agents that they really need to make some sort of decision by July 1st, so that the Hawks can either sign both of them, or forget about them and move on.

Last year, Brooklyn did the right thing in not waiting on Dwight to make some sort of decision. A decision that he ended up not making anyway, because Orlando acted in their best interest, and not necessarily in the best interest of Dwight.

This is on Ferry. Get them signed right at the start of free agency, or move onto Plan B.

I am for that....

so if they decide to go elsewhere.... we don't miss out on other opportunities. If Howard does sign with Houston I think we should go after Asik plus change with a SnT of Josh

Word is they're trying to unload Robinson for cap space so maybe Robinson/Asik/filler for Josh to allow them an extra few million in space to get Dwight would work out. Robinson stunk as a rookie but he's still got huge potential and Asik can start right away. That would be my plan B.

• Premium Member

No . . . what needs to happen is for the Hawks to decide early. Ferry needs to express to Howard's and Paul's agents that they really need to make some sort of decision by July 1st, so that the Hawks can either sign both of them, or forget about them and move on. Last year, Brooklyn did the right thing in not waiting on Dwight to make some sort of decision. A decision that he ended up not making anyway, because Orlando acted in their best interest, and not necessarily in the best interest of Dwight. This is on Ferry. Get them signed right at the start of free agency, or move onto Plan B.

Neither Dwight or CP3 is going to make a decision by July 1. They both will talk with multiple teams before making decisions and other free agents will wait until they make a choice before doing anything.
  • Like 1

• Admin

Word is they're trying to unload Robinson for cap space so maybe Robinson/Asik/filler for Josh to allow them an extra few million in space to get Dwight would work out. Robinson stunk as a rookie but he's still got huge potential and Asik can start right away. That would be my plan B.

Once we know DH is not coming here...I would do that trade...maybe ask for Terrance Jones too..

• Like 1

I rather start our rookie Center next year than Asik. I think Dieng, Plumlee, Withey can be 10-10 guys given Asik's minutes.

None of those rookies are 10-10 as rookies. Maybe in their 2nd or 3rd years. It is very hard to play center in the NBA.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Other reality is that FA is almost always a game of dominoes... no one signs until the top of the chart FAs decide where they're going... so I wouldn't be inclined to think we will necessarily lose out on anyone else, regardless. In fact, the second tier guys likely are going to want to wait to see if we make them an offer. Am I wrong?

Neither Dwight or CP3 is going to make a decision by July 1. They both will talk with multiple teams before making decisions and other free agents will wait until they make a choice before doing anything.

There are only a limited number of teams they can talk to that actually have the money to sign them.

Edited by KB21

I agree that it would be nice if they sign early, bit I think it will be at least a week before we know. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

I'd go after Omer Asik in a heartbeat. The guy is one of the better post defense big men in the NBA. His DRB% from this past year was a ridiculous 31%. He's also a very good offensive rebounder that keeps possessions alive for his team. When in Chicago alongside other good defenders, his DRTG was in the low 90s. He's also got only two years on his deal, and if he only counts $8 million per season to the team he gets traded to, then it would be very good.

I'd also go after Kosta Pekovic and see if we can structure a contract that Minnesota cannot match. I'd do a 3 year deal. You get Pekovic and Asik, and the center position is taken care of.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I agree Danny needs to get a disposable cell phone and send texts to their agents to get them talking to each other. We don't want to risk any tampering fines and have Stern do something drastic, but at same time we don't want to be Cleveland after "The Decision". Ferry is more than in control and I trust Bud to make good decisions for the future.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Premium Member

There are only a limited number of teams they can talk to that actually have the money to sign them.

Yes limited, but still multiple. Even if they have preconceived notions, they will take their time.

• Premium Member

Tough to think where we go with anything failing the perfecta. It would make some sense to see us double-down on the draft and save our money for next summer... no?

• Premium Member

so if they decide to go elsewhere.... we don't miss out on other opportunities.

If Howard does sign with Houston I think we should go after Asik plus change with a SnT of Josh

I agree with this. I would love Asik and Chandler.

• Premium Member

Yes limited, but still multiple. Even if they have preconceived notions, they will take their time.