• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

I hope Howard/Paul gets decided early

capstone21

I think that Dwight and CP3 both sign on July 1st with the Hawks! I think we are going to make a huge splash, just as thought my Dolphins would this year and we did. This is obviously on a much bigger level but I have faith that IF they are going to sign with us that it's going to happen on July 1.

I agree Danny needs to get a disposable cell phone and send texts to their agents to get them talking to each other. We don't want to risk any tampering fines and have Stern do something drastic, but at same time we don't want to be Cleveland after "The Decision". Ferry is more than in control and I trust Bud to make good decisions for the future.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would just send in Omar and have him "talk" to Dwight and CP3 and they'd be signing with us immediately. No tampering involved either!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4NcUBAtC8A

• Like 2

can't let myself think they will sign.................but that's where DF makes his money. Burning up multiple phone lines, like Brad Pitt in Money Ball.

But I think the trade with Houston is a great plan B. Asik and a young guy to go along with our draft picks.

I think that Dwight and CP3 both sign on July 1st with the Hawks! I think we are going to make a huge splash, just as thought my Dolphins would this year and we did. This is obviously on a much bigger level but I have faith that IF they are going to sign with us that it's going to happen on July 1.

curious about your feeling? From your gut, ouiji board, palm reader or what. Such optimism on HS is the exception and not the rule.

• Premium Member

Forget Ferry, Dolf has spoken! Lol!

Guest Walter

While I wouldn't mind asik/Robinson for JS, it probably means we taking back more in salary (or else houston doesnt do it) and are helping Houston sign DH and likely CP which they probably could not do without our help. WHY do we help Houston? WHY? Please tell me why? If we don't get something for JS we can sign a FA and possibly do better so we don't HAVE to sign and trade. If DH and cp want to go to Houston. Let them take less money. Let Houston try and trade with the very few teams that have cap space with which to take on Houston's salaries. Do you think Dallas is going to help Houston? He'll no. Maybe Charlotte, but not until Dwight and Paul publicly call ATL the last place they would ever play in do I want to help our comp. am I wrong here? WHY help Houston against our own self-interest?W

• Like 1

While I wouldn't mind asik/Robinson for JS, it probably means we taking back more in salary (or else houston doesnt do it) and are helping Houston sign DH and likely CP which they probably could not do without our help. WHY do we help Houston? WHY? Please tell me why? If we don't get something for JS we can sign a FA and possibly do better so we don't HAVE to sign and trade. If DH and cp want to go to Houston. Let them take less money. Let Houston try and trade with the very few teams that have cap space with which to take on Houston's salaries. Do you think Dallas is going to help Houston? He'll no. Maybe Charlotte, but not until Dwight and Paul publicly call ATL the last place they would ever play in do I want to help our comp. am I wrong here? WHY help Houston against our own self-interest?W

I agree Walter. Do nothing to help teams get the two prizes. Asik, Pekovic will still be options later in the summer if we don't get Howard.we absolutely do nothing to help anyone sign Paul. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

I agree Walter. Do nothing to help teams get the two prizes. Asik, Pekovic will still be options later in the summer if we don't get Howard.we absolutely do nothing to help anyone sign Paul.Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

The only goal Danny should have on July 1st is scheduling Chris Paul and Dwight Howard to visit in Atlanta at the same time. Nothing else is important.

I don't think Dwight will make a decision July 1st - he will listen to every teams pitch that is on his 'list' and be wined and dined. I think his decision takes a week.

I want to watch the wire. I didn't have hbo so I couldn't watch it back then but I used to watch a bet series called "American Gangsters" and my favorite episode was about Baltimore's Melvin Williams (no not Marvin lol) and I saw that Melvin had a part in the wire so I was always fascinated by it. Gotta get DVD series.

Nobody is signing on July 1st seeing as it would not be possible.....And I don't see how or why people are thinking we'd sign and trade Josh to Houston. Dwight clearly doesn't give two shakes about playing with him or else ATL would be number one on his list and he's not a Morey type player especially if its going to cost him very valuable assets in addition to the fact he already has 30 PFs on his roster and two defensive anchors.If Dwight decides NOT to go to Houston then I could see Morey taking a stab at Josh but he wouldn't need a sign and trade to do it considering he's just 3 mil away from offering Dwight a 20 million starting salary.

Nobody is signing on July 1st seeing as it would not be possible.....And I don't see how or why people are thinking we'd sign and trade Josh to Houston. Dwight clearly doesn't give two shakes about playing with him or else ATL would be number one on his list and he's not a Morey type player especially if its going to cost him very valuable assets in addition to the fact he already has 30 PFs on his roster and two defensive anchors.If Dwight decides NOT to go to Houston then I could see Morey taking a stab at Josh but he wouldn't need a sign and trade to do it considering he's just 3 mil away from offering Dwight a 20 million starting salary.

Ok lawyer talk there with the word sign but they can agree to a deal on July 1st. And just because D12 might not care whether he plays with Josh doesn't mean that the Rockets feel that way. They might want both and they're gonna want out if Asik's contract if they sign D12. They're already trying to dump Robinson to clear more cap room too. So we take both and replace Asik's contract with Josh, which Josh might accept plus a little more to play in Houston and with Harden and D12. Then they sign D12 to the money they have left and have a very talented and deep group. It may not be the most likely scenario but its not impossible. Josh is well liked by the fans here and Hakeem really likes him too. Only a SnT will be able to make that happen if they want D12 too.

Well Dol, another few things:

When it was first reported that Dwight was even interested in Houston this was mentioned:

........Omer Asik, the kind of 7-footer Howard is believed to want next to him in the frontcourt.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ken-berger/22270956/howard-no-lock-to-return-to-lakers-to-explore-fa-options-intrigued-by-rockets

So yea, Dwight not caring about Josh and wanting Asik would play a pretty big influence on Houston if they truly care about signing Dwight. That part could be fabricated but hey, at least it's something that is out there and considering that big lineups (Memphis, San Antonio and Indiana) ruled the Conference Finals, I'd say that there are legs to it.

Secondly, there are no words on them making any of Asik or Lin available at all yet alone for capspace so why is the belief now that they are trying to make space for a max plus another near max? The word is that Robinson is the only non-core member on significant salary being made available and that is specifically to go after Dwight. Why is it that people on this board are all of sudden believing that they are now going to turn Asik loose to get Josh over there too? How does the numbers even work out? They need Robinson's 3 mil off the books specifically to have the full 20 mil to sign Dwight alone. Unless Larry Coon is right, how does them shaving another 8 mil afford Josh? They would have to give up Motiejunas, White and Jones too as their only remaining "filler" and I'm wondering how exactly is it that Josh went from not being able to fetch Irsan Ilyasova in a trade to fetching that kind of haul?

This is why I believe that if anything, Houston want's Dwight or Josh and not both. Failing at one they'd already be in position for the other but there's no way I see Daryl Morey jumping through hulla hoops to get Josh to tag along. You'd imagine that if he's willing to go that far that he'd do it to get Paul instead.