• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

I hope Howard/Paul gets decided early

capstone21

Well Dol, another few things: When it was first reported that Dwight was even interested in Houston this was mentioned: http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ken-berger/22270956/howard-no-lock-to-return-to-lakers-to-explore-fa-options-intrigued-by-rockets So yea, Dwight not caring about Josh and wanting Asik would play a pretty big influence on Houston if they truly care about signing Dwight. That part could be fabricated but hey, at least it's something that is out there and considering that big lineups (Memphis, San Antonio and Indiana) ruled the Conference Finals, I'd say that there are legs to it. Secondly, there are no words on them making any of Asik or Lin available at all yet alone for capspace so why is the belief now that they are trying to make space for a max plus another near max? The word is that Robinson is the only non-core member on significant salary being made available and that is specifically to go after Dwight. Why is it that people on this board are all of sudden believing that they are now going to turn Asik loose to get Josh over there too? How does the numbers even work out? They need Robinson's 3 mil off the books specifically to have the full 20 mil to sign Dwight alone. Unless Larry Coon is right, how does them shaving another 8 mil afford Josh? They would have to give up Motiejunas, White and Jones too as their only remaining "filler" and I'm wondering how exactly is it that Josh went from not being able to fetch Irsan Ilyasova in a trade to fetching that kind of haul? This is why I believe that if anything, Houston want's Dwight or Josh and not both. Failing at one they'd already be in position for the other but there's no way I see Daryl Morey jumping through hulla hoops to get Josh to tag along. You'd imagine that if he's willing to go that far that he'd do it to get Paul instead.

I don't see Asik / Dwight as a very good starting pair as they'd get killed in transition and I don't think Asik would work comfortably on either end outside if the paint. That and Asik's 8 million dollar contract are why I think he'd be moved as he's too expensive to be a backup and he's not a natural fit at PF. Josh is a much better fit on both ends and to play in Houston where he loves it along with his best friend and Harden I think he'd take 8-10 million. So we take Asik and Robinson plus another million or so in someone else they can afford to lose and we give them Josh and maybe a future 1st. In the words of Leon that makes it even freaking Steven.