• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

According to Chris Broussard....

Sothron

• Premium Member

Queue the guy with the "multiple source" img...

ESPN's Chris Broussard says the Hawks could potentially try to acquire both Chris Paul and Dwight Howard in free agency.

With Josh Smith's contract expiring, the Hawks have enough cap room to offer two max deals. Howard has seemed wary of going back to his hometown in the past, but perhaps a chance to pair with Paul would change his mind. CP3 is reportedly upset with the Clippers right now after they threw him under the bus for the Vinny Del Negro firing. Free agency opens on July 1.

Queue the guy with the "multiple source" img...

ESPN's Chris Broussard says the Hawks could potentially try to acquire both Chris Paul and Dwight Howard in free agency.

With Josh Smith's contract expiring, the Hawks have enough cap room to offer two max deals. Howard has seemed wary of going back to his hometown in the past, but perhaps a chance to pair with Paul would change his mind. CP3 is reportedly upset with the Clippers right now after they threw him under the bus for the Vinny Del Negro firing. Free agency opens on July 1.

What he couldn't sneak in another word or two, such as possibly and maybe, that describes the 50/50 situation of a team with the cap space needed to sign 2 player who are free agents? I'm literally...

Posted Image

we must have had the same English teacher?>

According to people with knowledge of the situation..................................

You must be old then because I'm pretty sure DJ had the first English teacher... ever.

• Premium Member

I'm watching Sportscenter last night when Broussard came out and talked about the possibility of D-Howard and Chris Paul meeting up in Atlanta.

Even though he talked about how it's a long shot, I smiled on the inside. It's these longshots that get reported as possibilities that get two players to call each other and talk about it. Sure both guys can make more money with the teams that they are with but at the end of the day, I don't think either guy is in it strickly for the money. CP3 would love to be closer to family. D12 would love to be out of Kobe's shadow and away from D'Antoni's system. Both guys would love to be NBA champion.

The problem is...

1. I don't know if we selected a coach that excites them.

2. Josh or Horf. Something tells me that Horf would be more acceptable for Paul and Josh may be for Howard.

3. D-Ferry would have to want this. I don't know if he does.

ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard reported Thursday night that Paul is angry with the Clippers in the wake of owner Donald Sterling's open suggestions to the Los Angeles Times that coach Vinny Del Negro was not retained at Paul's behest. The depths of Paul's dismay aren't immediately clear, but his frustrations could crack the door open for the Hawks to join the Rockets and Mavericks as a free-agent threat this summer, since Atlanta is the only team this offseason that will have the requisite cap space to sign both Howard and Paul.

Although Howard has maintained a longstanding coolness to the idea of signing with his hometown Hawks, it's believed that stance could change if Paul had serious interest in going to Atlanta with him.

I don't think we get one without the other - the idea is for STARS to combine their talents, or join teams with talented Stars.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

I think it goes without saying that it is both or neither. Unless we some how add another star via trade during Draft or something.Still. Since Buds hire I've been left wondering if the Plan A of Paul/Howard is Danny and Buds Plan A.

• Like 3

I'm watching Sportscenter last night when Broussard came out and talked about the possibility of D-Howard and Chris Paul meeting up in Atlanta.

Even though he talked about how it's a long shot, I smiled on the inside. It's these longshots that get reported as possibilities that get two players to call each other and talk about it. Sure both guys can make more money with the teams that they are with but at the end of the day, I don't think either guy is in it strickly for the money. CP3 would love to be closer to family. D12 would love to be out of Kobe's shadow and away from D'Antoni's system. Both guys would love to be NBA champion.

The problem is...

1. I don't know if we selected a coach that excites them.

2. Josh or Horf. Something tells me that Horf would be more acceptable for Paul and Josh may be for Howard.

3. D-Ferry would have to want this. I don't know if he does.

What GM in the the NBA wouldn't want to pair Dwight Howard and Chris Paul together? With a side of Al Horford.... C'mon

Found something interesting: Chris Paul ‏@CP3 19h Prayers out to Mookie Blaylock and his family! Big fan of his as a kid #PG #NBAFamily CP3 was a Hawks fan as a Kid. D12 was a Hawks fan as a Kid. Cmon fellows...live out that childhood dream of bringing ATL a championship!!!

where do you see any signs that 3 or Dwight are hawks fans? All cp3 is saying is he liked mookie. I'm a fan of Kobe Bryant and Ryan Braun. That doesn't mean I am a lakers or brewers fan.

Found something interesting: Chris Paul ‏@CP3 19h Prayers out to Mookie Blaylock and his family! Big fan of his as a kid #PG #NBAFamily CP3 was a Hawks fan as a Kid. D12 was a Hawks fan as a Kid. Cmon fellows...live out that childhood dream of bringing ATL a championship!!!

According to te tweet, he was a Mookie fan. Not necessarily a hawks fan. If he was from Carolina, he may have been a Hornets fan. Dwight is a Dwight fan now..
  • Like 1