• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bud wants ball movement!

Nicholasp27

This is a bad post.

LA was a terrible fit with a lot of extremely old players who were stars in name only. Orlando was extremely hard to beat and the only star on the team was Dwight. You put Dwight in a favorable situation, you can win numerous rings.

Wake me up when he gets one.

You may call D12 a lot of things - a black hole is not one of them.

I would like to see comparative assists to Dwight's contemporaries, not guys who played eyons ago (beside TD and Shaq) since the game has changed.

Shaq averaged 1 whole assist more per game. TD 1 & 1/4 assist - WOW!!!!

Most of the guys I mentioned would have no trouble eating Dwight Howard's lunch. The game may have changed, but the quality of centers has declined greatly.

You guys are looking at the wrong stat to determine if a player is moving the ball within the offense or not. An assist is only an assist if the player getting the ball takes and makes the shot. Your assist rate is a better gauge of your ability to find the open man who can hit a shot.

If you want to determine whether someone is a black hole on offense, you look at his usage rate (USG). The higher your usage rate, the more you tend to look for your shot.

Dwight's USG rate this past year was 22.27, which was 10th among all centers in the NBA that played at least 40 games and at least 25 minutes per game. The highest was Brook Lopez at 28.56 USG.

Al Horford's USG this past season was 21.70. Roy Hibbert's USG was slightly higher than Dwight's at 22.53.

USG rate takes into account how many FGAs you have, FTAs you have, and TOs you have and adjusts it to the pace of play.

With that said, Dwight's USG rate was lower this past year than it has been in previous years, and that is likely related to him playing alongside a high usage, low efficiency shot chucker like Kobe Bryant.